PDA

View Full Version : VuDUO4k or Vu Ultimo4k?

icemanv3
27-06-19, 20:29
So Contemplating a 4K upgrade, what on earth is the main difference in these two boxes? Specifically what is it that justify s the £100 price increase for the ultimo?

All I can see is that the ultimo has

one more slot for tuners
has slightly more memory but a slower CPU
a bigger front screen.
RCA audio outputs
2 x smartcard readers (vs 1 on the duo)

Am I missing anything in terms of 4K support or decoding capabilities?

Right now the Duo seems like better value for money

Thanks in advance

v8rick
27-06-19, 20:46
I was in same position I went for Vu Ultimo4k. A few years ago i waited for solo² then Duo² neither have let me down I have always stuck to if i can afford the top of the
range go for it .(it might be longer before support gets removed lol) At the moment all that maters is Z

VU+ Ultimo is great there is a massive deference in pic quality. through my Stella ridden eyes anyways

Sicilian
27-06-19, 21:53
If you don't need all the tuners the Ultimo 4K can support go for the Duo 4K, better value.

Ev0
27-06-19, 21:57
Duo4K will support 2160p Mpeg4, Ultimo4K will not.

Duo4K will not support Mpeg1, Ultimo4K will.

Other than that, it's pretty much as you have said.

I have both, and the Ultimo4K is still my main box.

joysleep1
28-06-19, 18:25
Another difference is that the ultimo can house a 3.5inch hardrive.

Trial
28-06-19, 18:40
Hi,
I also have both and would go for the Duo4K if it fits all your needs.

Another difference is that Duo4k only has 1 card reader Ultimo has 2. I waited with the buy until I switched my Oscam to my Sysnology NAS so that the missing card reader does not effect me.

Ralf

Donnie
28-06-19, 19:56
I have both and like Evo Ultimo4K is my main box only because it looks great on my rack but the Duo4K is what I would go for as a general use box.

icemanv3
29-06-19, 15:24
Thanks everyone for the replies here, really appreciate it!

psionguy
23-01-20, 13:10
Another difference is that the ultimo can house a 3.5inch hard drive.

Glad I read your post, just about to order a Duo 4K, No option to put in a 3.5 inch hard drive is that the case?

Andy_Hazza
23-01-20, 13:12
Glad I read your post, just about to order a Duo 4K, No option to put in a 3.5 inch hard drive is that the case?

Why you opted for the Duo 4K? What are your needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psionguy
23-01-20, 14:16
Why you opted for the Duo 4K? What are your needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always had VU Duo receivers, both Duo 1 and Duo 2 and have found them to be very reliable and easy to use so makes sense to go for the Duo 4K. My Duo2 now has a problem with one of the tuners no longer working, think you gave me hand on some testing. Is there something better out there, twin tuners and 4K needs to be on the list.

twol
23-01-20, 18:44
Octagon sf8008, Edision Mio4k+, Zgemma H7 ............ depends on your actual needs rather than a nice brand name

Emulated
23-01-20, 20:15
Octagon sf8008, Edision Mio4k+, Zgemma H7 ............ depends on your actual needs rather than a nice brand name

I totally agree. I have spent ages comparing receivers, compared the specs of dozens, got advice tried a few, most recently the Mio 4k and Octagon SF 8008 along with the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K. The Gigablue is fine if you want all the bells and whistles and I originally got it, believing the more you pay the more you get. Not always so and fine if you need extra tuners, HDMI in, internal HDD and Unicable setup. I rarely used it, never to its full potential. The last straw was no blind scan. The Mio 4k was OK but expensive and never looked to be worth what it costs. Borrowed an Octagon SF8008 and it has/does everything I want and need. Only 2 usb connections is the only downside. he Gigablue with its 2Gb hdd drive is on the shelf, collecting dust whilst I play with the SF 8008. Somehow I think it will stay there, just going to see how a usb drive runs with the SF8008

abu baniaz
23-01-20, 20:26
I totally agree. I have spent ages comparing receivers, compared the specs of dozens, got advice tried a few, most recently the Mio 4k and Octagon SF 8008 along with the Gigablue UHD Quad 4K. The Gigablue is fine if you want all the bells and whistles and I originally got it, believing the more you pay the more you get. Not always so and fine if you need extra tuners, HDMI in, internal HDD and Unicable setup. I rarely used it, never to its full potential. The last straw was no blind scan. The Mio 4k was OK but expensive and never looked to be worth what it costs. Borrowed an Octagon SF8008 and it has/does everything I want and need. Only 2 usb connections is the only downside. he Gigablue with its 2Gb hdd drive is on the shelf, collecting dust whilst I play with the SF 8008. Somehow I think it will stay there, just going to see how a usb drive runs with the SF8008
You can use unicable with any E2 receiver. You don't need FBC tuners.

psionguy
28-02-21, 13:29
I would love to move my oscam server to my Sysnology NAS, any instructions you could point me to?

Huevos
01-03-21, 02:34
I would love to move my oscam server to my Sysnology NAS, any instructions you could point me to?

Asking for help with any setup where the conditional access card is not located in the receiver is a forum infraction that can get you banned.

4a. NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN!

psionguy
01-03-21, 08:31
Sorry if I have got this wrong, but I thought using a legal card with yourself in the same house was OK. I would never or have I ever asked for help on setting up a card-sharing server on this forum.

Huevos
01-03-21, 09:07
Sorry if I have got this wrong, but I thought using a legal card with yourself in the same house was OK. I would never or have I ever asked for help on setting up a card-sharing server on this forum.The rules clearly state "LAN OR WAN". I guessed you didn't know this which is why no further action was taken.

Valiant
01-03-21, 10:42
Hi,
I also have both and would go for the Duo4K if it fits all your needs.

Another difference is that Duo4k only has 1 card reader Ultimo has 2. I waited with the buy until I switched my Oscam to my Sysnology NAS so that the missing card reader does not effect me.

Ralf
So what is Trial talking about here? Is this not the same thing?

Trial
01-03-21, 11:02
Hi,
I said I made it. I didn´t ask how to do it.

btw. in the mean time I did not use it anymore.

Ralf

Valiant
01-03-21, 11:28
Ah yes, it's the discussion that is prohibited ! Understood.