PDA

View Full Version : New member to this forum

Lincon
26-06-19, 12:30
Hello everyone,,,
My name is Lincon and I just wanna watch some tv, i was going to get a V8S but bad reviews have steered me to the VU range.
I want whatever is easy to use, or the one that does most of the hard work itself as all this seems very complicated.
I'm a first timer to this.

I have a Sky dish which gives me FTA in 3 rooms. I use a humax freesat PVR to record and sky hd boxes on the other 2 which are junk.
Not really too bothered about recording, with a VU+ i can add a hdd later if i need but i have 2 large usb hdd (apple time capsule's) also
which if work with a VU box would be great.

So any advice would be great, i guess i should plant myself in the VU section!

anyone recommend any other receiver as 'the best' or 'better' than a VU+ Solo 2.
Anything easier to use??

I will be buying from world of satellite and was thinking of having 'openvix' pre-installed.
Would this be a good choice?

1554leslie
26-06-19, 12:52
The new zgemma range is a good choice and supported by vix,Welcome to wos

deltec
26-06-19, 13:30
hi welcome to the forum

Andy_Hazza
26-06-19, 13:41
Take a look at the Octagon SF8008, a great receiver. I use a 256gig microSD card for my HDD storage equivalent with my Twin receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
26-06-19, 14:06
anyone recommend any other receiver as 'the best' or 'better' than a VU+ Solo 2.
Anything easier to use??

Take a look at the Zgemma H7S: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/air-digital-zgemma/zgemma-h7s

You could use it for both Freesat and Freeview, faster spec than the old Solo 2 as well.

clivejo
26-06-19, 21:34
I have to say I am very impressed with the Zgemma H7S I purchased recently. It isn't very pretty from a visual POV, but the hardware seems to be very capable! It comes out of standby extremely quickly, something which drove me crazy on my old box!

My H7S is hooked up to a dual LNB (installed by Sky) and to date I have had it watching one channel locally (HDMI), recording another channel (I installed my own 3.5" drive) and streaming a recording over the LAN using VLC. It actually has another tuner built in, but I don't have the ability to use it on my install. It would be interesting to push it further and see if it can make use of all 3 tuners and playback all at once!

v8rick
27-06-19, 07:11
Vu+ Ultimo 4K is great fill it with tuners of your choice and get old solo²'s as slaves in other rooms set up in client mode

wullboy
27-06-19, 07:34
I will be buying from world of satellite and was thinking of having 'openvix' pre-installed.

That would be a very good choice m8....welcome to the forum...

Lincon
28-06-19, 21:33
Hello everyone,,,

My name is Lincon and I just wanna watch some tv, i was going to get a V8S but bad reviews have steered me to the VU range.

I want whatever is easy to use, or the one that does most of the hard work itself as all this seems very complicated.

I'm a first timer to this.

I have a Sky dish which gives me FTA in 3 rooms. I use a humax freesat PVR to record and sky hd boxes on the other 2 which are junk.

Not really too bothered about recording, with a VU+ i can add a hdd later if i need but i have 2 large usb hdd (apple time capsule's) also

which if work with a VU box would be great.

So any advice would be great, i guess i should plant myself in the VU section!

Anything easier to use??

deleted link

my issue has been solved!

Andy_Hazza
28-06-19, 21:44
my issue has been solved!

What did you get in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
29-06-19, 02:32
he quoted himself and posted a hidden link.

I'll ban him when next on PC. pretty sure his original post is copy and paste