PDA

View Full Version : ultimo 4k not booting

mattcozi
15-06-19, 17:28
my ultimo 4k is booting but not getting past the please wait screen, iv tried a fresh flash of a couple of images incase it was the vix image in particular, still the same. i have nothing plugged in apart from the hdmi, there is no internal hdd, on flashing the process goes as normal with the screen on the box displaying progression, then reboots and sticks on the waiting screen....
any suggestions?

abu baniaz
15-06-19, 18:29
Please do not post in the download section. I've moved it to the receiver section.

abu baniaz
15-06-19, 18:31
Can you connect to the box using Putty/terminal

mattcozi
15-06-19, 19:18
sorry about that didnt realise

mattcozi
15-06-19, 19:19
yes, it seems i can connect through putty

norhap
15-06-19, 19:28
copy and paste in terminal putty:

init 4; sleep 10; /usr/bin/enigma2

copy log putty here.

abu baniaz
15-06-19, 19:28
If you press the remote, do you see anything happen on screen?

If not, please start Enigma2 in console mode and upload it here. Link to thread with commands in my signature if you need it.

twol
15-06-19, 19:29
So connect thru Putty and then:
Login (root no password)
Init 4 (space between)
Enigma2
.. and look at the log to see whats happening- post here if not obvious

... oops too slow!!

mattcozi
15-06-19, 19:39
i cant copy the start of the log as it keeps repeating that in the pic so every time i go to the top it goes straight back down to the bottom before i have chance to copy

mattcozi
15-06-19, 19:47
nothing happens on the display when i press the remote bar the light flashing to show i have pressed a button

abu baniaz
15-06-19, 19:47
Nobody is going to be able to see that.

Shut down, connect a USB stick, reboot and use the following command: Paste it instead of typing it

init 4 && enigma2 &> /media/hdd/Enigma2_debug_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S).log

You will have the log file on the storage device. FTP should still work.

ccs
15-06-19, 19:50
It's trying to sort out your hdmi connection - do you see any dialogue on the screen when you reflash??

mattcozi
15-06-19, 20:12
58989 thats the log

mattcozi
15-06-19, 20:13
It's trying to sort out your hdmi connection - do you see any dialogue on the screen when you reflash??

yes all dialogue is ok during flash (progress), but after reflash finished its blank

norhap
15-06-19, 20:28
it goes blank without more ... or does it restart continuously?

mattcozi
15-06-19, 20:37
it goes blank without more ... or does it restart continuously?
during flashing the splash is on tv and splash and dialogue is on front lcd, once finished flashing and it reboots, the splash comes on the tv that says loading and just stays on that, and the front lcd on reboot shows splash then goes blank and remains blank. its not in bootloop

twol
15-06-19, 20:43
On the LCD display are you able to see the input request for your output device e.e.g hdmi ??

1) try a different hdmi cable
2) try a different port on the TV (how is the receiver connected? Direct or through an amp receiver?

mattcozi
15-06-19, 20:47
On the LCD display are you able to see the input request for your output device e.e.g hdmi ??

1) try a different hdmi cable
2) try a different port on the TV (how is the receiver connected? Direct or through an amp receiver?

no i cant see anything on the lcd once its booted its just blank. there is signal going from the box to tv as there is the splash loading screen on the tv.
its connected via a single hdmi cable no pass through or splitters ect

twol
15-06-19, 21:00
no i cant see anything on the lcd once its booted its just blank. there is signal going from the box to tv as there is the splash loading screen on the tv.
its connected via a single hdmi cable no pass through or splitters ect

Try 1 & 2 above as the splash screen is at 720 (if my memory is correct)

mattcozi
15-06-19, 21:09
Try 1 & 2 above as the splash screen is at 720 (if my memory is correct)

just tried diff lead and port, still same :(

twol
15-06-19, 21:52
Another TV?

abu baniaz
15-06-19, 22:09
As above, your TV is not liking it

Change the AV settings using openwebif or finish off installation using it.

mattcozi
16-06-19, 06:31
As above, your TV is not liking it

Change the AV settings using openwebif or finish off installation using it.

well it was the tv, i tried on another tv and it was fine, had to factory reset the tv in question and now all is good, thanks to everyone that helped me, really appreciated!