PDA

View Full Version : Vu solo2 box bootscreen

thejoker
14-06-19, 06:48
My genuine solo2 box has been running perfect since purchase. I’ve had openatv installed, but it starting sticking on bootscreen.

I thought it just needed a reflash so that’s but I did. But upon restart it sticks on bootscreen. I think maybe it’s the remote so I try openwebif and ftp but no joy. It’s not remote.

I’ve also disconnected hard drive and tryed running with memory stick , same thing happened. Finally I change power supply, still no joy.

I’m out of options, nothing more I can think of. Has this problem happened to anyone else

Regards

twol
14-06-19, 07:20
Can you ftp into box???

satmanbasil
14-06-19, 22:29
My genuine solo2 box has been running perfect since purchase. I’ve had openatv installed, but it starting sticking on bootscreen.

I thought it just needed a reflash so that’s but I did. But upon restart it sticks on bootscreen. I think maybe it’s the remote so I try openwebif and ftp but no joy. It’s not remote.

I’ve also disconnected hard drive and tryed running with memory stick , same thing happened. Finally I change power supply, still no joy.

I’m out of options, nothing more I can think of. Has this problem happened to anyone else

Regards

Hi mate
Apart from the boot screen sticking before you started making changes was there any other strange behaviour from the receiver ?
how did you flash the receiver was it with a usb stick or online, you have done some of the basic recovery test (removing HDD etc)
as asked in the last question can you make contact with the box via putty or other ftp program.
You could try and download original manufacture image via a usb stick you know works with the receiver and see if that can recover
it then you can rebuild your receiver with its plugins again.
On reading your message my first thoughts were the dreaded red light but I think im right in saying it shouldn't happen with a solo 2

cactikid
14-06-19, 23:30
Is your image for that box and named correctly,vu duo had the red light issue.

thejoker
18-06-19, 15:19
The box has been running great for over a year with no update, it was slow to boot etc, that's why I thought it was hard drive.

No there is no ftp or telnet. I used this to rule out dodgy remote

cactikid
18-06-19, 22:33
I dont use atv but would ask did you have epg going to internal flash,usb or hdd only.