PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles out of sync on all recorded programs - how to fix it?

mauri
06-02-11, 21:57
Hi Guys,

Firstly I have to say I'm a happy owner of a Vu+ Duo (for just 2 months). :D

Now straight to my problem, is there a way to fix the out of sync issue that my box has with all recorded programmes's subtitles?
The subs show 3-4 seconds before they should. I have tried several media players byt no luck.

I have a Vu+ Duo with VIX 1.3 with the latest updates.
Is there any plugin that allows you to tweak the subs: ie 'delay' them for 3-4 seconds?

Sorry if this a repeated thread - but I did search several days this forum and I could not find any tips and tricks on this issue.

cheers

silverfox0786
06-02-11, 21:58
have you tried the sync plugin

mauri
06-02-11, 23:17
have you tried the sync plugin

No, did not know about this plugin.
I will find/install/test it and let you know if I fixed the issue.

btw thank you for your prompt answer!

mauri
07-02-11, 00:09
I guess you meant the audio delay/syn plugin which is under audio menu. But it does not help on my issue, since I figure this plugin help on the lip/syncing issue.
I do not understand though; seems it is only me suffering from this out of sync subs - issue.
Ironically I had this issue even with my SKY HD Thomson box with some of the HD movie channels (and all music channels - except the MTV ones). But i could fix it with a hard reboot of the box.

While now with my Vu+ Duo I can not watch any of the recorded programs with subs enabled (all channels affected the same).

Does this have anything to do with VIX image?

cheers

mauri
07-02-11, 10:35
Please, can anyone help? :(

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 16:54
there is a lip sync plugin in th eplugins menu

dfdream
07-02-11, 17:04
Silverfox hes on about subtitles not audio. (appologies if it covers both)

I did a bit of a search on the web and there were a few users (DM8000 and DM600) in the last few months but unfortunately they didnt get any solutions either.
Can you say what FTA channels you have this issue (provided its in english) that can be checked to see if its a generic issue or a specific issue that you are having.

silverfox0786
07-02-11, 18:32
Silverfox hes on about subtitles not audio. (appologies if it covers both)

I did a bit of a search on the web and there were a few users (DM8000 and DM600) in the last few months but unfortunately they didnt get any solutions either.
Can you say what FTA channels you have this issue (provided its in english) that can be checked to see if its a generic issue or a specific issue that you are having.

must be getting old i started of knowning the thread was for subs but then went on a bender lol and decided to think it was audio my bad

OldSkulRide
07-02-11, 18:58
i think openpli has this option in menu. You can delay subtitles in recorded files.

dfdream
07-02-11, 19:35
Im on pli at the moment testing Nova-T usb tuner so here are the subtitle options there are.

There are 2 types of subtitles and they both were in sync with the few recordings I tried.

I could delay or speed up the subtitles but they seem to be linked to the audio so the changes were also reflected in the audio.
(whats your audio like in comparison with the delayed subtitles).

There was also a sub menu with subtitle options.

mauri
07-02-11, 21:35
@ dfdream, you are right; I did google this issue and i came across a couple of other forums with the same issue but no solution there. There was a thread in a forum listing this issue on the wishlist of the upcoming VIX 1.4 as well :)
Basically, the only option to me would be flashing with PLI, which actually was my first image I tried but for some reason I did not like the menus and the overall GUI. I do like VIX and would like to stick with it. :S

Anyways, since this issue is affecting ALL MY RECORDINGS in FTA channels and all my movie channels of my two legit subs I have (SKY UK and a local service), I believe it is a generic issue with my box/image I have (Vu+ Duo on VIX 1.3 all updates applied) I have to go and try PLI.

Again, I am puzzled that no one in this forum seems to face this issue with subs. :O

Thank you very much guys for your hints.

forgot to mention that subs show 3-4 seconds BEFORE the relevant audio/video.

Im on pli at the moment testing Nova-T usb tuner so here are the subtitle options there are.

There are 2 types of subtitles and they both were in sync with the few recordings I tried.

I could delay or speed up the subtitles but they seem to be linked to the audio so the changes were also reflected in the audio.
(whats your audio like in comparison with the delayed subtitles).

There was also a sub menu with subtitle options.

mauri
08-02-11, 01:48
SOLVED! :)
Had to install PLi - it works like a charm, for now. :D

All the recorded programs show subs correctly. I guess this is because the subtitle menu (part of PLi) has as a default option 'delay the subtitles with 3.5 seconds when timing lacks'.

A few things that I really like about PLi image (I'm using PLi beta - the latest night build, which I d/l straight from the PLi webpage http://www.pli-images.org/index.php):

- menu browsing is faster, much faster than in VIX
- Auto audio selection (lets you select your preferred audio for all the services - pretty handy when you watch a good number of channels ;)
- Subtitles menu (gives lots of options to customize to your needs/tastes)
- picons built in the plugins menu (all satellites are there! no need to ftp yourself to the box)
- zapping seems faster (it may be me only, but it does seem to have less clogging/hang ups - quite frequent with VIX 1.3)

on the negative side I do miss the Ryvix EPG - which I like more than coolTV guide.

Said all that, for now, I do not regret jumping off board from VIX 1.3 (after only 2 months).

Cheers to everyone and especially to all the guys who make ALL THIS possible! ;)