PDA

View Full Version : Satellite tv without a dish!

newtosat
08-06-19, 03:23
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to watch satellite tv channels without satellite dish? Cheers

cactikid
08-06-19, 09:52
I would say yes with Iptv via internet.

satmanbasil
08-06-19, 15:56
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to watch satellite tv channels without satellite dish? Cheers

Hi mate

Sky are moving in that direction not sure if they have completed setting up maybe worth a call,
you can with sky q with the main box connected with dish have a second mini box connected via
your network by wifi or ethernet cable which does not need the dish and sky have reported that
in the near future they will be using the internet to feed channels the same way without the
need for the dish

twol
08-06-19, 17:00
Hi mate

Sky are moving in that direction not sure if they have completed setting up maybe worth a call,
you can with sky q with the main box connected with dish have a second mini box connected via
your network by wifi or ethernet cable which does not need the dish and sky have reported that
in the near future they will be using the internet to feed channels the same way without the
need for the dish
Probably double the installation cost for this innovative feature!

ccs
08-06-19, 18:44
But still legal, I guess.

ronand
08-06-19, 19:01
It would hardly be satellite TV without the satellite bit? IPTV maybe

newtosat
09-06-19, 01:41
Cheers guys, i will look into Iptv and read about it.
I've always thought sat dish is needed for sat tv channels till someone at work said he's watching sky and world tv without sat dish

cactikid
09-06-19, 09:28
Years ago when one had old boxes and sats on the wall outside boxes did not have lan so where fixed streams from line of sight.
I would imagine latest iptv and android boxes gets their feeds from unknown sources all by lan cable.

satmanbasil
10-06-19, 14:27

Hi m8

Don't recall having to pay any installation cost for this being a sky customer but will say some cost involved in having
the main sky q box and extra cost for the mini q box. As for saving sky will not have to spend time installing the dish
just set up q box to the customers network, depending if a wired connection is required over wifi some cost could be
incurred but basic plug n play so reducing cost