PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno4K] VU+Uno4KSE Tuner Help

John57
04-06-19, 13:53
Afternoon All,

is there a tuner set up guide for VU+Uno4KSE using VIX as I recently updated to the latest Vix 5.2.041 after a holiday break back in the UK and I seem to have a slight tuner issue where I have lost all channels on a third satellite (23E)

I have one dish with three lnbs (std lnbs) directed at 19E 28E and 23E (as I currently live in Germany) and I was just wondering if something had changed in the tuner section after my update, any help or suggestion would be more than welcome.

Regards John

twol
04-06-19, 14:39
You are going to have to provide more info on the current tuners and configs - as there may have been slight changes to some of the tuner parameters, which might need tweaking.
Some picture shots of the current config and some descriptions would help.

John57
04-06-19, 14:45
Afternoon Twol,

Thanks for your reply.

I decided to take a look at the dish outside and for starters noticed that the disque box outside attached to the dish had some water inside the plastic housing after the thunderstorms that we have had over in Germany yesterday, cleaned and dried the switch out and tried again, no luck with a signal.

Twol, I will try to provide you with some extra info over the next few hours, need to pick my car up from the MOT/TUV

Kind Regards
John.

twol
04-06-19, 15:32
Could be its gone down inside the cable(s) - pretty heavy rain yesterday.

ccs
04-06-19, 15:41
Could be its gone down inside the cable(s) - pretty heavy rain yesterday.

I never thought that was possible until I had a signal booster fail and a closer look showed it was full of water!

John57
04-06-19, 16:47
Twol, that could well be the case.....

I was planning on connecting a sat cable direct from the single lnb direct into the receiver tomorrow to see if it works this way bypassing the switches altogether, in the mean time I have taken some photos of my tuner set up just for info.

My lnb set is as follows

19E Quad LNB - going into a D/switch - this feeds two Sat Recivers
28E Quad LNB - also going into a S/Swich also feeds the second Receiver
23E Single LNB - also into a switch

I hope this helps for now

Kind Regards
John

abu baniaz
05-06-19, 04:59
To rephrase what I understand from your post, to avoid misinterpretation of "D/Switch", and "S/Switch", you have a diseqc switch with signal wire from 19.2, 28.2 and 23.5 attached to Tuner A (top connection). You have a diseqc switch with signal wire from 19.2 and 28.2 attached to tuner B (bottom connection).

If that is the correct understanding, then your tuners are configured correctly.

Bypassing the diseqc switch and attaching signal wire from 23.5 directly to receiver and setting tuner as simple, single, 23.5 will check the switch.

If this test does not succeed, then the fault is in alignment, LNB or cabling.

John57
05-06-19, 06:56
Abu,

You have correctly interpreted my set up that I am currently running and also my mistake reference S/switch, of course I should have stated that I have a two diseqc switch set up

I will test the one single LNB that I have and report back, if the single lnb works then its seems logical that something has change (maybe due to the strong rains that we have had) if it works can I revert back to a previous software that I know worked even though I was worried about this because of the "disclaimer" that popped up when I entered into the image manager and selected a backup software that I knew pwas ok prior to my update?

Many thanks
John

John57
05-06-19, 11:09
All sorted now, as I initially suspected, I had moisture inside the diseqc due to the massive rainfall that we have experienced over the last few days.

I connected the single lnb direct to the receiver and ha presto it is all working.

I took the diseqc switch inside and with a hairdryer dried it out, just reconnected it now and all is fine .....all working as before.

Many thanks to Abu, Twol and CC, who responded to my plea for assistance

Kind Regards
John