PDA

View Full Version : H7 power requirements

clivejo
02-06-19, 00:26
Has anyone done any tests on what power the H7 needs to function?

The power "brick" indicates that it outputs 2.5A @ 12v, I was wondering if it would be possible to power it via PoE, using a 12v injector/splitter, something like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POE-Injector-Splitter-Cable-Waterproof-12V-For-IP-Camera-Wireless-AP-NVR/152968149007 would work? Max power seems to be about 2A via the injector, but I guess that would ultimately depend on the cabling used and the run length. But was wondering if anyone had powered one of these boxes via PoE injector/splitter?

ronand
02-06-19, 16:25
The PSU might be over-specced. I have an SF8008 and the psu is rated for 700ma. You are probably better off measuring the actual current consumption.

clivejo
02-06-19, 16:32
Just because the power brick has a maximum output of 2.5A or 30w doesn't mean that the actual receiver will draw the maximum current/power. I know just by adding the HDD to the unit I have increased the consumption by 6w. But judging by the construction of the receiver, and a deep standby consumption of 1w, it can't be very power hungry. I just wondered if anyone had done actual tests on how much these unit draw when in operation, as I have a 12v UPS which I could power it from.

Andy_Hazza
02-06-19, 16:50
Just because the power brick has a maximum output of 2.5A or 30w doesn't mean that the actual receiver will draw the maximum current/power. I know just by adding the HDD to the unit I have increased the consumption by 6w. But judging by the construction of the receiver, and a deep standby consumption of 1w, it can't be very power hungry. I just wondered if anyone had done actual tests on how much these unit draw when in operation, as I have a 12v UPS which I could power it from.

Only way to find out is purchase it, test it and post your results here. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clivejo
02-06-19, 20:51
Only way to find out is purchase it, test it and post your results here. [emoji1]

LOL don't tempt me, I am on the verge of doing just that!! The main hold up it pulling an Ethernet cable down the wall from the roof space!!