PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo 4K - CPU query

AndiiRoo
30-05-19, 09:36
My new Duo 4k running OpenVix is showing it as having an ARM7 1.9 GHz Quad Core CPU on the 'About' page.

The spec shows it should be 2.1GHz, I haven't found any ref to 1.9GHz on the web. Am I missing something?

twol
30-05-19, 10:10
Interesting!
Other images hardcode the 2.1GHz, this is taken off the bios.
Broadcom documents say 4 x 1.8GHz.

So I would say the ViX figure is closer, than the Vu+ marketing claim! .... but without the box cannot say more.

Sicilian
30-05-19, 20:59
The VU+ Drivers / broadcom set this speed, at the moment its the optimum speed for this CPU. VU+ are awaiting an update from Broadcom.

thekeeper
07-10-19, 11:55
I also get the same and have been given the same explanation.

/proc/cpuinfo gives 4 x;

Contacted VU+ three times but have not had a reply yet.
I'm no expert but things don't add up.

twol
07-10-19, 12:55
I also get the same and have been given the same explanation.

/proc/cpuinfo gives 4 x;

Contacted VU+ three times but have not had a reply yet.
I'm no expert but things don't add up.

What doesn't add up?? I am assuming the box runs fine, so just what are you expecting? This is not a PC.

thekeeper
15-10-19, 15:45
There are a few things that don't add up if you look;

1) ARMv7 CPUs are 32bit (The Vu+ DUO4K spec is 64bit although there are some configurations that it could report being an ARMv7)

2) The BCM7278 is an ARMv8-A (64bit) but only runs at 1.8Gh

3) The Vu+ DUO4k is being sold as having a 64bit 2.1Gh ARM CPU; that's one of the reasons it commands a high price tag. I would like someone to prove that's the CPU which is in the box and when it will be able to run at it's specified capacity. Not too much to ask IMHO.

Andy_Hazza
15-10-19, 15:58

1) ARMv7 CPUs are 32bit (The Vu+ DUO4K spec is 64bit although there are some configurations that it could report being an ARMv7)

3) The Vu+ DUO4k is being sold as having a 64bit 2.1Gh ARM CPU; that's one of the reasons it commands a high price tag. I would like someone to prove that's the CPU which is in the box and when it will be able to run at it's specified capacity. Not too much to ask IMHO.

Contact Vu+ and let them put your mind at rest. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
15-10-19, 16:05

Well, the only receiver that I am aware of running with 64bit libraries is the Edision OS mio 4K ........... so does that mean that it qualifies for the higher price???!
I really think that Vu+ sell at premium prices because of their Brand name - technology has little to do with it.

thekeeper
22-10-19, 18:00
I have contacted Vu+ several times but no answers.

thekeeper
22-10-19, 18:04
I have no problem paying for the product as advertised as long as that's what I get; this does not seam to be the case with the Vu+ Duo4K and I'm trying to understand the reasons for this.

twol
22-10-19, 19:12
I have no problem paying for the product as advertised as long as that's what I get; this does not seam to be the case with the Vu+ Duo4K and I'm trying to understand the reasons for this.
In the real world, where you are processing data for business applications, this can really matter (e.g. I have benchmarked customer applications where the results decided contracts over 8M dollars) but in the world of enigma2 using processor specs to decide on buying a receiver is pushing it a bit far.
If you are not happy with the receiver, sell it, otherwise relax.