PDA

View Full Version : Jerky video for some channel

sfriziona
02-05-19, 10:53
I have some channel stuttering since Openvix 5.02.029.
I use the Ocatagon SF8008 as client device from an Edision OS mini +, the Edision show the channels without any problem.
Channels involved are the Italian RAI 1 and RAI 2, the same channel in HD play correctly.
I've tried to flash the Octagon with the latest Openvix and even with a clean installation it shows the same problem.
Any idea?
Thanks.

blackhawkcrow
02-05-19, 12:46
I have noticed this when I change channels , video plays in slowmo for a few seconds!!! it never did it on my miraclebox but it does it on my Octagan SF8008 :confused:

irfyd
02-05-19, 13:15
I have noticed this when I change channels , video plays in slowmo for a few seconds!!! it never did it on my miraclebox but it does it on my Octagan SF8008 :confused:

This slow mo happens to all boxes based on this HiSilicon chipset.

sfriziona
09-11-19, 17:59
I re-connect to this old thread as the problem is still there.
I am not talking about the slow mo at channel change but constant jerky video and only in client mode.
So to recap:
Octagon playing Rai1 SD/Rai1 HD and Rai2 SD/Rai2 HD from tuner -> no problem
Octagon in client mode streaming from a different box -> Rai1 HD/Rai2 HD works perfectly, Rai1 SD/Rai2 SD constant jerky video.
Hope that someone can help or reproduce the problem.

Thanks...

twol
09-11-19, 18:16
Reverse the receivers - the sf8008 is probably the best all round receiver for all types of sat services - so use as the server not client

sfriziona
14-11-19, 12:04
I have two SF8008, one running as a server and the second as a client...

bellejt
14-11-19, 12:08
are you o, latest image ? I stream here from duo2 to octagon SF8008 and no problems.Network is 1 GB speed.

twol
14-11-19, 12:31
Strange -obviously should not happen.
Are the 2 boxes configured the same e.g. what is the AV setup 1080 or 2160 or ?
Lan speed should not make any difference.

sfriziona
15-11-19, 08:11
are you o, latest image ? I stream here from duo2 to octagon SF8008 and no problems.Network is 1 GB speed.

Did you try the two channel in question? Rai 1/2 SD?
So far those are the only one with this problem which is very strange...

sfriziona
15-11-19, 08:19
Strange -obviously should not happen.
Are the 2 boxes configured the same e.g. what is the AV setup 1080 or 2160 or ?
Lan speed should not make any difference.

Yes same configuration, this use to happen also when streaming from my old Edision Os mini+ and it started suddenly after an Openvix update around March this year.
I've reinstalled Openvix from scratch many times with same result and I am always running latest image.
If I use the Edision as a client no problem at all so I thought it was a bug on the Octagon.
That said is not a big problem as I watch the HD version but will be nice to solve the problem.