PDA

View Full Version : Tuner problems

keith1200rs
25-04-19, 22:28
I seem to be getting "tuner" problems where sometimes no tuner signal is found on any channel I select. It seems OK then suddenly starts to get the problem no matter which channel I select. At first I thought one of the three tuners was maybe faulty (three terrestrial only DVB-C/T2) because when it was recording using tuners A & C, selecting anything else tried to use tuner B and failed. However, I have disabled all the tuners and then enabled one at a time and they each seem to work.

Thinking it was the software (5.2.034) I went back to 5.2.030 - still the same problem. Is it likely to be the software and so should I go back to an even earlier version? Could it be hardware?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cactikid
26-04-19, 01:22
Are you rechecking signal finder to see if any are down due to a loose cable connection.
Recordings on A and C work but B has a fault so would be checking that tuner connection.

keith1200rs
26-04-19, 08:24
Thanks for the reply.

I am pretty certain it isn't a tuner problem or the connections. The tuners are daisy chained so a bad connection to B would also affect C. Also, I individually enabled them to force using specific tuners to check they all worked.

I have done a bit more diagnosis this morning and decided the problem occurs when recording on two tuners. When you then try to watch (or record) something that requires the third, I get "tune failed". The test I did this morning used tuners A & B for recording and failed when it tried to use C. It didn't use to be like that so I need to find out which version I installed in early march when I updated from version 4 and go back to it. When I did that I set off 11 recordings simultaneously to check everything was OK with no problems.

I have downloaded the latest version 5.2.039 and it still has the problem.

keith1200rs
26-04-19, 08:28
I have just checked and it was 5.2.030 that I downloaded and installed at the beginning of March which is strange because I tried that last night. I need to re-check what I did and try again. One question - you can restore a "backup" from the ViX menu or flash it from the "image manager" under the Vix menu. What is the difference?

keith1200rs
26-04-19, 08:49
I think I have solved the problem. I re-flashed 5.2.030 using the image manager and restored my current settings (I ended up running 5.2.039). It works fine now. I started 3 recordings making sure they used separate tuners and it was all fine - no "tune failed". I think a bug has crept in after 5.2.030 that causes the problem. It is certainly there on 5.2.034 and 5.2.039