PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Dinobot 4K+ - Any chance of Openvix Support?

dodgydrains
25-04-19, 18:13
Hi,

Not really sure where to ask, so apologies in advance.

Are there any plans for Openvix to support the Dinobot 4K+?

twol
25-04-19, 19:31
The image was built but there were issues with some skins and transparency. Don‘t know current situation but perhaps Sicilian will update.

dodgydrains
25-04-19, 19:48
Thanks twol.

I am really interested as it looks a compelling box similar to Octagon sf8008 but with 2gb ram. Will get it if only it had official vix support.

Willo3092
25-04-19, 21:05
I was an early adopter in the hope of ViX support for it.
There were a lot of problems with skin transparency and I think it was redrawing or refreshing but all seems fine now.
Not really a fan of ATV though and not had a lot of time to experiment with other images.

ccs
25-04-19, 21:12
Maybe avoid the link in the 1st post if you want to avoid possible riskware.

dodgydrains
25-04-19, 21:31
I was an early adopter in the hope of ViX support for it.
There were a lot of problems with skin transparency and I think it was redrawing or refreshing but all seems fine now.
Not really a fan of ATV though and not had a lot of time to experiment with other images.

Hopefully ViX do decide to support it as I am also not a great fan of ATV. It's the only thing stopping me from taking the plunge.

dodgydrains
25-04-19, 21:32
Maybe avoid the link in the 1st post if you want to avoid possible riskware.

I wasn't aware, is there a way to remove the link? I cannot edit it now.

ccs
25-04-19, 21:39
I wasn't aware, is there a way to remove the link? I cannot edit it now.A mod will need to do it if they thinks it's needed. My antivirus says there is riskware.

dodgydrains
26-04-19, 17:57
Decided to buy the box as I got a very good deal on it. Openatv came pre-installed and took 30 minutes to set up from scratch.

It would really make it the perfect box with ViX support as it is's much easier and more intuitive than ATV.

Sicilian
26-04-19, 19:02
Last time I tested it, it has alpha blending issues with certain skins, gave up in the end.

Willo3092
26-04-19, 19:05
I think this has been fixed. It now works on ATV anyway.

twol
26-04-19, 19:42
It depends on the skins as to whether you have the issue .... unfortunately some of the older ViX skins use black and grey layers which become transparent on the Dinobot .... this was certainly true on the 4K and the mini. Otherwise they were very fast receivers that work well for me but sometimes have some unusual crashes down to I think the drivers.

If you want a ViX image you could learn to build an Image (not an impossible task) as all the support code is installed in ViX.

twol
27-04-19, 15:07
If I get time I will run a build and test it .... but unlikely this week.

dodgydrains
27-04-19, 17:40
Sicilian & twol, that is brilliant news that there may still be a chance of ViX on this box. It is one amazingly snappy stb on the E2 side. I have tested it side by side against the VU+ Uno 4K SE and this box loads faster. It just has a couple of driver bugs which hopefully will get fixed with updates and maturity.

Sicilian
28-04-19, 06:29
It just has a couple of driver bugs which hopefully will get fixed with updates and maturity.

It's had a bugs for a long time that have never been resolved. Also the the Android boot part of it is using a non official hacked ROM.

The Octagon SF8008 and Zgemma H9 models are a better choice if you want a low cost Hisilicon box, they're much better supported.

Sicilian
28-04-19, 11:23
I've added the machine to my next dev build, I'll give it another test. If it still has the alpha blending issues it had last time it wont go any further, sorry.

twol
28-04-19, 14:07
Didn't like that at all

ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable contains duplicates. The following archs are listed more than once: u52

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the alpha blending issues have been addressed.
It all seems to work fine on ATV, I just don't like ATV.
Sicilian is correct ... just a mental aberration!

So running builds at the moment (with alpha blending change)- will test later or tomorrow morning.

twol
28-04-19, 19:47
Just installed a new build and I believe the transparency issue is still present..... perhaps Sicilian can confirm

norhap
28-04-19, 21:36
Just installed a new build and I believe the transparency issue is still present..... perhaps Sicilian can confirm

can you put a capture that we see that transparency as it is?

Sicilian
29-04-19, 05:17
can you put a capture that we see that transparency as it is?

Issue is still present.

Dinobot has issues displaying certain PNG's, therefore has issues with certain skins. Hisilicon CPU's do not support alpha blending. Normally can be turned off by adding this to configure.ac:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Dev/configure.ac#L474

Light grey areas should not be light grey.

For now it remains on hold.

norhap
29-04-19, 06:21
https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr
test my github enigma2 please (branch hisilicon).I do not reproduce this ... I have the same chip that uses @twol U5mini.

the only thing is that I would have to put SKIN default mine. (attach source.bb).

https://github.com/norhap/Turquoise-HD

I have a different manufacturer (ferguson4k) but this box is identical to dinobot 4k SE.

machine = ferguson4k = u5pvr.conf

twol
29-04-19, 07:14
i will test mini to day ..... may be different from 4kplus
But all these boxes have different builds and drivers

Sicilian
29-04-19, 07:25
https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr
test my github enigma2 please (branch hisilicon).I do not reproduce this ... I have the same chip that uses @twol U5mini.

the only thing is that I would have to put SKIN default mine. (attach source.bb).

https://github.com/norhap/Turquoise-HD

I have a different manufacturer (ferguson4k) but this box is identical to dinobot 4k SE.

machine = ferguson4k = u5pvr.conf

Use the standard default ViX Night HD Skin.

norhap
29-04-19, 08:30
Use the standard default ViX Night HD Skin.58821

I have put vix-night-hd (skin_default) in my hisilicon branch, https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr/commit/936a9c945244b3612eeaf4286351c98a73988ffd

I have built ... I still do not reproduce this problem.

I am going to leave this change all day today so that if you want to try you do not have to change too many things in your environment.

with this we could approach to know if they are the drivers.

Compare git:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/compare/Dev...norhap:hisilicon

twol
29-04-19, 11:35
I think this is the log

Open folder site.conf, open it and look at this line starting DL_DIR
Move the oscam files in the zip to the directory pointed to by DL_DIR (they are the Oscam files plus a .DONE folder which tells the build they are downloaded)

dodgydrains
29-04-19, 17:53
Issue is still present.

Dinobot has issues displaying certain PNG's, therefore has issues with certain skins. Hisilicon CPU's do not support alpha blending.

For now it remains on hold.

Oh well, looks like keeping my fingers and toes crossed didn't work.:violin:

abu baniaz
29-04-19, 18:02
@norhap

Does the ferguson4k use the same drivers as the dinobot 4k SE?

norhap
29-04-19, 18:14
yes abu, the two are built on u5pvr.conf
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/blob/019d6322fabff14dbdd64ef8a78dbfb1e6be42f6/meta-brands/meta-dinobot/recipes-drivers/dinobot-dvb-modules-u5pvr.bb

norhap
29-04-19, 18:23
https://github.com/oe-alliance/branding-module/blob/master/BoxBranding/boxes/ferguson4k.png
https://github.com/oe-alliance/branding-module/blob/master/BoxBranding/boxes/dinobot4kse.png
They are the same, ... different manufacturer nothing more.
ferguson version europe.

twol
29-04-19, 19:23
We need to be careful.... we are talking about 3 different boxes dinobot 4Kmini, 4Kplus and the u5pvr .... they are different and I only looked at the OpenViX code needed for the 1st 2 .... You probably can build OpenViX for the u5pvr but whether it has all the code needed to support it - I don‘t know as I didn‘t have the box to test..... just because it is in teh OE-A does not mean that all the required code is in the image.

norhap
29-04-19, 19:31
We need to be careful.... we are talking about 3 different boxes dinobot 4Kmini, 4Kplus and the u5pvr .... they are different and I only looked at the OpenViX code needed for the 1st 2 .... You probably can build OpenViX for the u5pvr but whether it has all the code needed to support it - I don‘t know as I didn‘t have the box to test..... just because it is in teh OE-A does not mean that all the required code is in the image.

that's right ... they are different boxes, what if I say ... is that tired of the instability of another image (I will not say name) I put openvix ... and this image without a doubt is by far the best image for my E2 for the u5pvr ..... I took the liberty to create a bit of OpenViX based code to have an operational dual boot since the stability was only achieved with Android ... now I can use the two very worthy systems and stable.

u5pvr has an important bug but from what we see in OE-A the driver is already up for a year without updating ... timeshift in certain channels, no work .. in others if ... except this, box is worthy of have it with E2-ViX.

dodgydrains
03-05-19, 20:02
@willo3092 you are an absolute superstar. I couldn't follow anything you did, it all sounded like gobbledygook to me. May as well be rocket science.

Is your image for the 4k+? If so, how would I go about installing your feeds after flashing the image?

Andy_Hazza
03-05-19, 20:08
@willo3092 you are an absolute superstar. I couldn't follow anything you did, it all sounded like gobbledygook to me. May as well be rocket science.

Is your image for the 4k+? If so, how would I go about installing your feeds after flashing the image?

Yeah @Willo3092’s ViX image is for the Dinobot 4K+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willo3092
03-05-19, 20:36

Don't worry, it's all gobbledygook to me as well! I was just following the instructions from all the clever guys on the forum :thumbsup:

Just extract the opkg.zip that I posted earlier and overwrite the files in /etc/opkg/ folder.
I will look at putting the feeds on my NAS so they will be easier to update.

dodgydrains
03-05-19, 20:47
Don't worry, it's all gobbledygook to me as well! I was just following the instructions from all the clever guys on the forum :thumbsup:

Just extract the opkg.zip that I posted earlier and overwrite the files in /etc/opkg/ folder.
I will look at putting the feeds on my NAS so they will be easier to update.

I will do that tomorrow, family will revolt if I do it tonight. Do you also have the skin transparency issue with your ViX homebrew?

Willo3092
03-05-19, 20:53
I didn't have an awful lot of time before I went to work but I can only assume that it's the emergency default skin that has problems.
Simple Ten Eighty was fine and I tested a couple of KiddaC's skins because I know they used to struggle on the ATV image but they were okay on ViX.

I will be able to have a proper faff with things when I'm on rest days Mon - Weds.

dodgydrains
03-05-19, 21:00
I'll definitely be jumping on your build to test. Should we hold our breath for a chance of official ViX love for this box?

dodgydrains
04-05-19, 02:12
I didn't have an awful lot of time before I went to work but I can only assume that it's the emergency default skin that has problems.
Simple Ten Eighty was fine and I tested a couple of KiddaC's skins because I know they used to struggle on the ATV image but they were okay on ViX.

I will be able to have a proper faff with things when I'm on rest days Mon - Weds.

Installed it and started testing. Had to restart the box as ABM couldn't scan tuner B, could it have been due to adding the files in OPKG folder?

Noticed a couple of things:

1 When powering off the display still shows the time even with it set to off in settings
2. LED does not turn on in standby

The above work fine on OpenATV

Other than that all seems to be working fine.

Thanks for sharing.

abu baniaz
06-05-19, 01:59
Please post any test images/feeds/feedback in this thread.

Thank you

abu baniaz
06-05-19, 02:17
Had to restart the box as ABM couldn't scan tuner B, could it have been due to adding the files in OPKG folder?

ABM is already installed, so there is no activity related to opkg while it runs.

dodgydrains
08-05-19, 19:43
I used @Willo3092 test build for 4/5 days now without any noticeable bugs. Decided now to check PurE2 as it has official support.

Thanks again to @Willo3092 for sharing, I have a copy of your ViX image on my PC as I know I will come back to it at some point.

Just a quick question, any ideas why http://192.168.0.130:8888/ comes up with '403 Forbidden' 'Access denied' for OSCam Webinterface?

dsayers
08-05-19, 19:55
The oscam configs maybe using a different port, what port does it show when accessing oscam via openwebif?

You can also find the port in the oscam.conf file

dodgydrains
08-05-19, 20:21
Got it to work now. In oscam.conf file the httpallowed was the wrong IP range. It had my old routers IP range.

Willo3092
12-05-19, 12:44
This is my latest effort for the u52 Dinobot 4K Plus with feeds that should work:

https://tinyurl.com/y468g375

Andy_Hazza
12-05-19, 13:27
This is my latest effort for the u52 Dinobot 4K Plus with feeds that should work:

What is the box like @Willo3092? Running well on ViX? Easy to switch from e2 to Android? Does Stalker work well on the e2 side?

Well done and thanks for you efforts and support on the box. [emoji4]

Willo3092
12-05-19, 15:02
I haven't used android since first getting the box.
If I remember rightly it was a bit of a faff pressing the right button in the boot menu to switch OS's but either the android side or the E2 side gave you the option to reboot to the other OS.
I don't finish work until 11pm but might get chance to try it in the morning :)
I'm sorry, I've never used Stalker and I don't have anything to test it with at the minute.

twol
12-05-19, 16:25
What is the box like @Willo3092? Running well on ViX? Easy to switch from e2 to Android? Does Stalker work well on the e2 side?

Well done and thanks for you efforts and support on the box. [emoji4]

Like Willo3092 I thought the switching was a pain - so once I had e2 working never used it.
The 4K looks more solid than the 4K mini - which is lightning fast - but has bad driver issues and crashes very hard.

dodgydrains
12-05-19, 21:29
Switching from Android side to E2 is simple and can be done from within the Android OS.

Changing from from E2 to Android you have to restart the box, then press the red button a few times on your remote when boot is showing on the LCD screen. Kind of awkward at first but now I am used to it now.

I use both Android and E2 side and both are quite snappy to load up. I have played a couple non-demanding games and they work fine on my setup. Apparently they are working on Android TV 8.0, so looks like there is some support on that side.

I also have no idea about Stalker and how it works.

dodgydrains
12-05-19, 21:32

Thanks again @Willo3092, downloaded and will test it out again later in the week. Currently on PurE2 since Wednesday, and all seems to be fine.