PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Picon storage?

rte
05-04-19, 09:15
When I install the total picon package through local ectension file (ipk), it works but where are the picons stored? I can't find them.
How can I configure the storage place to hdd?

Ashley69
05-04-19, 09:24
Think they are actually placed on the HDD when installing them via ipk. Just check your hdd folders.

Andy_Hazza
05-04-19, 09:29
When I install the total picon package through local ectension file (ipk), it works but where are the picons stored? I can't find them.
How can I configure the storage place to hdd?

Not advised to store picons to a HDD. Internal flash if you have sufficient flash memory or a usb flash drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rte
05-04-19, 16:31
They have been in my HDD before without any problems. They are not there any more because I removed them and installed the fresh picon extension file. Where do I guide the system to find the right path in my HDD? The picon update plugin has the path but obviously it doesn't work now. I remember that I have asked this before and got the answer. Why is it so difficult now?

abu baniaz
05-04-19, 16:35
Choosing location of where to install picons in only possible when installing picons from the plugin server.

You could try creating a symlink before installing them. I believe DaveSayer has a plugin/script to let you decide where to install picons too.

rte
05-04-19, 17:28
I don't understand. Has the system been changed now? The picons must be installed somewhere because they are working perfectly. Thousands of small picon files take some space but my internal flash has memory enough. Where are they hiding now? Earlier I could spot the location directory, move it to my HDD and configure the path. Since the system is working allrigt this is not a big problem. But are they backed up in settings for reflashing?

abu baniaz
05-04-19, 17:48
It has not changed.

Installation:
Install from plugin server: you get option of where to install.
Install from ipk: it installs wherever the ipk is made to install. This is usually root of flash memory /picon

Picon location:
There are a few locations it checks. You cannot guide it where to look on most images (only pure2 has the option). It has a set of locations to check and uses the one that has the picons.

Are you asking something that is not written in your posts?

rte
05-04-19, 18:34
Ok, now I found it when watching the internal flash view directly in my device. Watching it with my laptop through the ip-address of my receiver the whole flash view is not visible. I could probably move the picon directory in my device to the internal hdd but it is probably not necessary. Should I add the picon directory in my settings backup list.
There is a saying that one idiot can ask more than a dozen of wise men can answer.

abu baniaz
05-04-19, 18:47
You could do, but will waste time during updates etc. Easier to download latest pack and install it if you use a picon set that is regulalry updated.

If you are using an old set with the odd update, then moving them would be a better option.

A software update will not remove the picons on internal flash. An image flash will.

rte
05-04-19, 18:49
I have to add one funny observation. When I manually uppdated the windows 10 explorer directory view in my laptop the complete internal flash directory list popped up. I don't understand why it wasn't picked up automatically. Some old view was offered first. Now it is as it used to be.
Thank you for your patience.

dsayers
05-04-19, 20:48
You can use this sh file here https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60343-latest-vix-picons&p=480912&viewfull=1#post480912

Edit the script to the location you want, add the install-picons.sh to user/script then run script runner to install

You can place the picon ipk in tmp and run the script when you want to install new ipk.