PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to box using WiFi hotspot

eattheliving
31-03-19, 10:42
Good morning all,
I am trying to connect my duo2 using WiFi hotspot on my mobile but cannot seem to get it to connect. It picks up the WiFi network but when I check to see if there is a network connection it says it’s not.
I am running the vix 5.2.034 image.
Any ideas please?

Cheers

cosie
31-03-19, 13:44
Temporarily turn of security and try just to see if it’s that

eattheliving
31-03-19, 14:59
Temporarily turn of security and try just to see if it’s that
Security on which device pal?

cosie
31-03-19, 15:00
The phone hotspot

bellejt
31-03-19, 15:26
if you want connection to internet then internet sharing needs to be active on your phone .Otherwise as mentioned check security settings on both

eattheliving
01-04-19, 06:12
thanks guys. not sure how to turn that setting off on my phone though. All I do to tether my ipad to the phones internet is a activate the wifi-hotspot feature and that works but it doesn't work for the wifi on the duo2?

cactikid
01-04-19, 19:22
I wonder if phone cable hook up on phone and usb on box would make a connection.

eattheliving
01-04-19, 19:30
I wonder if phone cable hook up on phone and usb on box would make a connection.

Tried that pal. I have usb tethering option on my phone. Plugged into the box but still nothing.
I’m thinking it’s a setting or something on the box because I can tether straight away to my iPad.

eattheliving
01-04-19, 19:46
Sorted. I’m like a Pratt. Didn’t put the encryption key in on the box. Derrrrr.

cactikid
01-04-19, 20:36
Was it that important you needed the special key:sofahide:glad your sorted:thumbsup:

afterburn
02-04-19, 23:25
I'm going to jump in here. Trying to connect a GiGaBlue HD X1 to wifi hotspot on friends Iphone. will not connect no matter what I try. will connect to my android hotspot no problem. wifi key is correct as I can connect to his hotspot using my phone. Any ideas?