PDA

View Full Version : loss of channels on sf8008

Radders
25-03-19, 22:09
Need advise on loss of all channels apart from f/a.
Originally lost ch4 hd and a few others so decided to do re scan but stupidly pressed blind scan by mistake.
Since then I have lost all channels, I have checked network and its ok, checked oscams and they are ok, checked config files there ok.
Checked tuner config and its correct for my area on cable and and scan picking up 632 channels, but getting blank screen.
Is there any fix before I need to look at re flash.
I have openvix image installed, could it be a turner problem??
Any advise will be helpful.

abu baniaz
25-03-19, 22:14
What is "f/a"
Which Net ID are you in? Number not name please
Haae you used AutoBouquetsMaker? Does it complete succesfully?

Radders
25-03-19, 23:08
Sorry Abu f/a I mean I can only get bbc1 sd and cn4 sd and others.
net id is 40967
I never use Auto bouquets , I just create my own after scan

Radders
25-03-19, 23:12
Abu, net id 40967 same as I normally use

abu baniaz
25-03-19, 23:17
Try using ABM. If only the free channels work, then you need to look at the card in your system.

Radders
26-03-19, 00:08
Tried card in my zgemma and working fine ??
Only had Octagon 5 days
Just checked ethernet cable and no lights flashing at back of box or from modem ?, tried another cable and still same
How do I try wireless lan to see if it works wireless ??

abu baniaz
26-03-19, 00:10
Where did you get oscam from for octagon?Is it correct one for receiver

Radders
26-03-19, 00:38
tried all plugin installed oscams, including lastest oscam, all was working fine up to this evening.
I have checked ethernet cable and there are no lights showing in back of box or modem were they connect, tried another cable and still same.
the virgin box is working fine
How do I set up octagon to try wireless??

Sicilian
26-03-19, 06:52
Menu > Setup > Network> Choose the adapter, ensure you disable Ethernet first. Are you sure you haven't disabled ethernet?

Radders
26-03-19, 08:55
Lan connection ticked green and blue button showing but on network wizard its saying no internet connection
I also tried wlan and still saying no internet connection but have tried a zgemma and 2 amiko boxes and all are connecting to internet ??

Andy_Hazza
26-03-19, 09:02
Restart/Reset your Router/Hub. Also for info, if you have a genuine viewing card you don’t need internet to access your channels, so another issue, maybe you need to look at your config files etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radders
26-03-19, 09:22
Ok Andy, reset router and did network test, showing ip address unconfirmed and name server unconfirmed

abu baniaz
26-03-19, 09:39
Have you tried a different network cable?

If that does not work, I suggest you try flashing 5.2 034. Do not restore settings after. Do not install anything. Check if it has an IP and address and that you can connect to it.

Radders
26-03-19, 20:34
Abu, tried different cable, still the same, checking network still saying no internet connection, adapter settings showing n/a for ip address/subnet and gateway maybe I will just have to re-flash with another image

twol
26-03-19, 20:47
So try the WiFi connection .....

abu baniaz
26-03-19, 21:29
Have you tried different port on router? It should not be image, but try it to rule things out. Best to get receiver replaced if network port has gone faulty.

Radders
26-03-19, 21:29
tried it, showing same results "your internet is not working"

Radders
26-03-19, 21:34
I did and showing same results "your internet is not working"
Is it poss there is a fault on receiver ??
I can connect laptop/phones etc

jsaw
27-03-19, 08:33
Hi,I had the same issue.I assume you bought from WOS if so raise a ticket with support.My box was returned and main board replaced,been ok since.:thumbsup:

Radders
27-03-19, 09:23
correct jsaw, I did by from WOS, I will do what you said and contact them:thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
27-03-19, 09:28
Hopefully it will get sorted for you. WoS are a great company and will swiftly get you sorted I’m sure. The SF8008 is a fantastic receiver. [emoji1360]

Radders
27-03-19, 09:43
Just like to say a big thanks to you and all other members on the forum who tried to resole and rectify my problem with receiver.
Your right Andy, it seemed a good receiver until I lost connection to internet.
I tried 2 other receivers on the same modem last night, a zgemma and amiko and both connected fine.:thumbsup:

linsladeboy
27-03-19, 12:47
Hi,I had the same issue.I assume you bought from WOS if so raise a ticket with support.My box was returned and main board replaced,been ok since.:thumbsup:

I am looking to purchase new Octagon 4k twin satellite dvb- s2x receiver due in into the shop anytime soon, should I be worried about these "mainboard issues"?

Andy_Hazza
27-03-19, 12:51
I am looking to purchase new Octagon 4k twin satellite dvb- s2x receiver due in into the shop anytime soon, should I be worried about these "mainboard issues"?

No don’t be worried. Your receiver will be under warranty if you encounter any problems. I have the 1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial model and have no issues, but I am awaiting the 2x Satellite version too. Its a fantastic receiver, brilliant for satellite, IPTV (using Stalker) and Kodi. Ticks all the boxes with me.

twol
27-03-19, 12:54

No - if it was a general issue there would be posts all over the forums - as with all technology you can have failures, both at source (delivered box) or through an "accident" e.g. pulling out a hdmi cable or powering off a working box..... but incidents are rare.
If you saw what I do to my boxes (and apart from a lightning strike) - they survive! , you wouldn't worry.

jsaw
27-03-19, 13:30
Service was brilliant,posted back to them Monday had the box back Thursday.

linsladeboy
27-03-19, 18:08
No don’t be worried. Your receiver will be under warranty if you encounter any problems. I have the 1x Satellite & 1x Cable/Terrestrial model and have no issues, but I am awaiting the 2x Satellite version too. Its a fantastic receiver, brilliant for satellite, IPTV (using Stalker) and Kodi. Ticks all the boxes with me.

ok, thanks for feedback, will order the twin satellite version when its in the shop. I was looking at the VU+ SOLO 4K TWIN SAT, but that's £240.00 which is way, way pricier than new ZGEMMA and OCTAGON equivalent.
I currently have a VU+ ZERO 4K and a ZGEMMA 9S as back up and to be honest I see no difference in picture quality or speed( both excellent) even the remote control on ZEGEMMA feels quite nice, which historically was always a let down in most cheaper receivers.

Radders
27-03-19, 21:03
Just an update on receiver.
Spoke with WOS support today and they suggested I re flash receiver as previuosly sugested by Abu.
I got in from work and decided to re flash box upstairs as I have a tp-link ethernet power line for my amiko upstairs, but before I flashed box I decided to give it one more try.
Low and behold I got the receiver working and connected to the internet, so the receiver did'nt have a problem after all.
Brought receiver back down stairs and connected direct into modem and guess what, NO INTERNET CONNECTION.
I then connected receiver via tp-link ethernet power line and it was up and running again, happy days.
I presume the ip of the receiver has been blocked ???, yet my other receivers work through modem

abu baniaz
28-03-19, 01:21
Are you manually setting IP address or are you using DHCP?

Does your receiver have a valid MAC address?

Radders
28-03-19, 08:51
I am using DHCP for ip address and checked for a mac address, which is visable, I pressed green button to save and it reconfigured network, will that solve the problem ??
Answered my own question, it does'nt solve the problem still not connecting through modem !!

abu baniaz
28-03-19, 08:59
Were you manually assigning IP address previously?

ronand
28-03-19, 09:18
Pull the power on the modem.

Radders
28-03-19, 14:10
No, always used wizard t connect

Radders
28-03-19, 14:11
No always used wizard

Radders
28-03-19, 14:13
Will give it a try

Radders
28-03-19, 20:59
Have some info re virgin super huds and dns probs
As listed below

You need to go into network settings on your box and turn off dhcp then press the blue button to change the DNS primary and alternate. primary is 8.8.8.8. Alternate is 04.004 Or 8.8.4.4. Save it and restart box.
Does anyone think this will solve my problem

dsayers
28-03-19, 21:13
Have some info re virgin super huds and dns probs
As listed below

You need to go into network settings on your box and turn off dhcp then press the blue button to change the DNS primary and alternate. primary is 8.8.8.8. Alternate is 04.004 Or 8.8.4.4. Save it and restart box.
Does anyone think this will solve my problem

I've only had to do that with openvpn

Radders
28-03-19, 23:25
ok, maybe i wont try it

abu baniaz
28-03-19, 23:35
When I asked the question, "Were you manually assigning IP address previously? " it was with a view to establishing if you had set something up in particular way. You said enabling DHCP sorted the problem. I wasn't asking you to start altering things.

I have always used DHCP and let receiver obtain details from router. Info: If you flash a new image, exit out of all menus at the wizard, and then restart, you should still have a working network. If this fails, there is a problem.

Radders
29-03-19, 20:59
ok Abu, that info I put in post re changing DNS was something I found on the web and wondered if it would work.
Do you think a re flash will solve the problem as you suggested as did WOS as it seems the only option.

Abu downloaded openvix 5.2.034 and updated box via usb, restarted box and still same not connecting to internet ???

abu baniaz
29-03-19, 21:35
I think you have confirmed the fault. Double check that you have followed any other tests exactly as asked of you by WOS. They will look after you.

Radders
29-03-19, 22:01
All they told me to do was re flash !!

Radders
30-03-19, 13:40
spoke with WOS, they said I can return box to have a look at it.
Still dont understand why my other receivers will connect and not the octagon

ja5
30-03-19, 14:53
Just checking if im reading this correctly ?? If you unplug the box and take it upstairs it will connect fine but with virgin hub downstairs it wont?? So check you network setting lan connections and maybe post some pictures

ccs
30-03-19, 15:00
… it works ok upstairs, which suggests to me that it is unlikely there's anything wrong with the box.

ja5
30-03-19, 15:08
agreed ccs would like to see some pictures tbh. Does the box upstair connect downstair fine also.

Radders
30-03-19, 16:35
it only works upstairs and down stairs if I connect box via tp- link ethernet power cable

cactikid
30-03-19, 16:57
On a vu duo years ago i had an issue like that,i powered off box and router at rear and restarted and it connected again.

ja5
30-03-19, 17:34
I agree power off all devices and modem and unplug. Start modem then just sf8008 see if that works, or look in network setting lan adpater and post what you see.

JonMMM
31-03-19, 10:02
Reflash the box (do not restore settings) and do a factory reset on the router and you should be sorted

Radders
31-03-19, 20:50
ok, just to let you know I finally got wlan working but still having issue with lan but working on it !
Thanks to everyone on forum who gave advise regards my problem:amen:

ja5
31-03-19, 21:05
If you posted some pictures of you lan setting im sure someone could help you more. We all learn from others :)

Radders
31-03-19, 22:42
will do tomorrow

Radders
01-04-19, 18:35
Sorted out lan connection, added a third dns address to receiver and got connection to receiver

Tatoo1
01-04-19, 21:57
I've been trying to sort out the exact same issue tonight. Just going through the process of reflashing, but that hasn't made a difference. It had been working fine up until a few days ago. Will let you know if i fix it, but will use the WLAN until i can arrange a return to WOS.

cactikid
01-04-19, 22:10
What way is cable lan connected to router,do other things work on that cable?

Tatoo1
01-04-19, 22:29
Yes tried the usual process of elimination. New cable, changed it around, wiggled the cable. I found that if you take the power out of the box and hard restart it the LAN lights come on and you get a connection for 10sec or so but then its gone and lights on the ethernet connection go out. I thought it might be the main ASUS router so will try that tomorrow.

Tatoo1
01-04-19, 23:06
double post

Radders
02-04-19, 17:11
how many ethernet cables have you got going into your router?

Tatoo1
02-04-19, 20:28
three out of the four gigabit ports are being used. I have tried to use other ports as well. Bizarre situation to be fair (and i'm pretty up to speed with networking) so will go through the sequence of turning on/of modem/router/switches to see if the modem or router are refusing to provide an IP address (even if its happy to provide it to other devices connected to the same router)

cactikid
02-04-19, 20:37
I have 4 ports on router in use plus many switches in use and no issues.Wonder if it has a lan port issue?

Radders
02-04-19, 20:42
go into network to see how many dns name servers you have, if there is only 2 press blue to add new name server, I had the same problem with 3 ethernet cables going into my vm router.
I added another one and got connection through lan.
Its worth a try

abu baniaz
02-04-19, 20:49
@Radders, Can you post a screenshot of your settings

Radders
02-04-19, 22:12
On that screen shot you have posted, press blue button and it will give you the option to add new dns besides primary and secondary dns . Enter 194.168.10.100 and press green to save, check to see if lights are flashing at ethernet port and box and modem.
If its flashing restart box

denis147
03-04-19, 17:03
i also have problems with network on my octagon my solution is turn off octagon and reset router,seems to sort problem,also now and again it does not show the receiver
ip address but seems to work ok.

Andy_Hazza
03-04-19, 17:04
I’ve never encountered any network issues on my SF8008. Bizarre. [emoji85]

Coldfire
03-04-19, 17:49
I have never had any network issue on my sf8008 either..

Tatoo1
03-04-19, 23:47
I have another SF8008 for my parents and that has been sweet and no issues. However i bought that 6 months ago. This box was bought about a month ago. Will try the 3rd DNS suggestion.

invisiblelayer
07-07-19, 22:08
I know this is an old post but any updates? I have 2 SF8008's the cable/sat at mine and sat at my folks. Never had any issues with network on mine but a while ago noticed no connection at my folks had a good check as nothing had changed and eventually managed to get it connecting after restarting the network. Just gone to update box again today and again no connection, this time couldn't get get it back, factory restored the router flashed the box, followed tips on here and got nowhere, luckily found a WiFi adaptor what I used a few years ago and back to having connection, can't figure out what's amiss when connected directly and didn't have the time to do anything else to be honest, no settings had been changed and my dad said not even powered off just let's it sit in standby each night.