PDA

View Full Version : Two receivers, one motorized system, and a couple of hiccups.

spiderman01
21-03-19, 13:18
Hi there,

As the title says, I got one Vu+Solo2 in my bedroom running a cable to a twin dual output LNB. And then another Mutant HD51 in the living room. The mutant is controlling the motorized system as is set up as this in tuner configuration. The VU+ is set up as a simple tuner pointing at 19.2 Astra. So obviously I can only watch TV upstairs when the dish is pointing at 19.2.

I am ok with that. The problem is, sometimes, even when I leave the dish pointing at 19.2 downstairs, I can not receive any channels upstairs, so I need to move the dish to another satellite, and then back to 19.2.

Do you guys think the dish may have been misaligned and the signal is not as strong as it should be? Does anyone know why this is occurring? How much would it be to pay a satellite installer to realign the dish? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

linsladeboy
21-03-19, 16:07
Hi there, do you pick up all 19.2 channels/transponders and also other satellites ok using Mutant?

spiderman01
21-03-19, 16:53
As far as I know yes I do pick up most of the channels in 19.2 although I watch mainly Spanish channels. But as I said in my original post, sometimes, for some unknown reason, the the picture disappears upstairs (VU+) and I have to change satellites from 19.2 to 28.2 and again to 19.2 (Mutant) to recover picture upstairs.

linsladeboy
21-03-19, 17:01
Do you pick up other satellites ok with Mutant? if so dish should be aligned ok.
Also try scanning 19.2 both with vu+ and Mutant, might be some channels need updating.

spiderman01
21-03-19, 17:09
I pick up quite a few satellites with the Mutant HD51 (28.2, 19.2, 13.0 etc) and all seems OK. I don't scan channels but I do upload channel lists from vhannibal so I don't think that's the problem.

linsladeboy
21-03-19, 17:51
It won't take long to scan 19.2 then you can check signal strength on receivers, that might help you in finding out if dish is slightly misaligned.

spiderman01
21-03-19, 18:13
Very true. However, why can I see 19.2 channels downstairs in MutantHD51 and, as I
Say, seldomly, the picture disappears upstairs in VU+Solo 2?

abu baniaz
21-03-19, 18:34
Tuners have different sensitivities. Cabling in terms of length and quality also have effect. There may be some play in the motor too.

cactikid
21-03-19, 19:00
If i may i have solo2 in extension controlling motor on one tuner.Other tuner is fixed on 28.2 feed
Feed from motorised on et 8000
Client mode on tm nano se from solo2.
I mainly look at 19.2 on tm and et but if i change sat on the tm it controls the movement to other sat say 13.0.
My et 8000 then wont show channels on 19.2 as its moved to 13.0 but they are viewable.
Also using vhannibal auto update.
Maybe you need to check favourites and move to other list to view?

linsladeboy
21-03-19, 19:59
Very true. However, why can I see 19.2 channels downstairs in MutantHD51 and, as I
Say, seldomly, the picture disappears upstairs in VU+Solo 2?

as Abu says, receivers have different sensitive signal capabilities.
You really need to check signal strength from satellites on your motorised side to eliminate misalignment as the issue.If you find thatyou are not picking some channels or some transponders from these satellites then dish alignment is problem.

spiderman01
21-03-19, 20:00
If i may i have solo2 in extension controlling motor on one tuner.Other tuner is fixed on 28.2 feed
Feed from motorised on et 8000
Client mode on tm nano se from solo2.
I mainly look at 19.2 on tm and et but if i change sat on the tm it controls the movement to other sat say 13.0.
My et 8000 then wont show channels on 19.2 as its moved to 13.0 but they are viewable.
Also using vhannibal auto update.
Maybe you need to check favourites and move to other list to view?You should have started your own thread mate.

cactikid
21-03-19, 21:00
I am not having issues as i thought it might be of use,maybe not for you,no worries.

spiderman01
22-03-19, 07:04
as Abu says, receivers have different sensitive signal capabilities.
You really need to check signal strength from satellites on your motorised side to eliminate misalignment as the issue.If you find thatyou are not picking some channels or some transponders from these satellites then dish alignment is problem.Thank you very much for your help mate. I think this may be the issue. I will try to check signal strength when I get a couple of days off and I will let you know.

TK4|2|1
22-03-19, 07:44
Why don’t you forget using the tuner on the solo and use client mode on it instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spiderman01
22-03-19, 07:48
Why don’t you forget using the tuner on the solo and use client mode on it instead?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI would love to know go to do that!!! Lol. Could you please direct me to a guide where I can learn how to do it please? Thanks

cactikid
22-03-19, 19:59
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/how-to-setup-and-use-openvix-client-mode/

abu baniaz
22-03-19, 20:13
Forum thread here
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56598-NEW-Client-mode-introduced-in-OpenViX-build-5-0-013

spiderman01
22-03-19, 20:17
I will try this new feature in the next few days, when I am on my rest days. Thank you very much guys for your help.

spiderman01
31-03-19, 12:34
I have managed to adjust the dish and align it correctly. I have stronger signal now and the problems I had, have all disappeared. Thank you guys for your help and I will try to discover the ropes of the client mode for future reference.

mopa8000
29-05-19, 21:19
Thank you very much for your help mate. I think this may be the issue. I will try to check signal strength when I get a couple of days off and I will let you know.

Hi there, do you pick up all 19.2 channels/transponders and also other satellites ok using Mutant?

cactikid
29-05-19, 21:34
Mutant is a good box and should not have any issues scanning multiple sats,bare in mind trees,out of alignment and failing lnbs can add to issues for any box.
Plugins feed also have in settings channel bouquets for a few or many sats depending on your choice.

abu baniaz
29-05-19, 21:43
The guy said "the problems I had, have all disappeared."