PDA

View Full Version : HDMI & A/V simultaneously ?

bulmers
19-03-19, 01:26
Can anyone tell me if the Zgemma H7s can output through the HDMI and A/V sockets simultaneously?
Thanks

Andy_Hazza
19-03-19, 09:54
Highly unlikely, as with most new generation satellite boxes (especially low end ones) just have HDMI port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
19-03-19, 10:30
Highly unlikely, as with most new generation satellite boxes (especially low end ones) just have HDMI port.

?? It has an A/V port which will most likely work if you can find a suitable A/V cable.

Andy_Hazza
19-03-19, 10:41
So it has. My bad. Sorry.

Sicilian
19-03-19, 10:42
Prob is, I think it has some special wiring like the HD51.

bulmers
19-03-19, 10:58
Prob is, I think it has some special wiring like the HD51.

Shouldnt be a prob. I should be able to find something or make one up. I would like to know if it can output through HDMI and A/V simultaneously like my Duo2 and AZBox. I need a working A/V out to feed the rest of the house through an RF modulator. Im buying a new receiver so I can put my old AZBox into retirement. So the new receiver must have an A/V out. But I see that most receivers now only have HDMI.

Sicilian
19-03-19, 12:00
Shouldnt be a prob. I should be able to find something or make one up. I would like to know if it can output through HDMI and A/V simultaneously like my Duo2 and AZBox. I need a working A/V out to feed the rest of the house through an RF modulator. Im buying a new receiver so I can put my old AZBox into retirement. So the new receiver must have an A/V out. But I see that most receivers now only have HDMI.

I really cannot confirm as don't have a suitable lead.

bulmers
20-03-19, 21:55
Thank you very much. Thats just the assurance I needed before deciding to buy this receiver. There really is very few decent receivers with A/V out there on the market. Another choice of mine was a VU+ Zero. It also has an A/V out but the zgemma h7s seems to be a much higher spec receiver with the bonus of 2 sat and 1 terrestrial tuners included.

Thanks to all that replied.

All the best,
bulmers :)

Sicilian
21-03-19, 07:13
Good choice, the H7 series are excellent boxes.

psul
17-05-19, 20:54
Hmm. Tried this on mine and getting audio only through the a/v socket.
Anything in the settings I should be looking at? My old Vu+solo2 outputted from both fine.

cactikid
17-05-19, 21:28
The h7 when i google only shows hdmi and spdif ,so you must have a different named box.

twol
18-05-19, 13:47
Interesting - thought drivers would block one of them .... but if it works fine!

Sicilian
18-05-19, 17:45
Interesting - thought drivers would block one of them .... but if it works fine!

Most e2 boxes work fine for simultaneous outputs via HDMI and another output type. You'd just need to set the other output type correctly, then set box back to HDMI.

psul
18-05-19, 22:10
Thanks for the replies.
Got it working but both outputs are SD (even the HDMI) . If i change back to HDMI the AV picture goes off to audio only.