PDA

View Full Version : connecting to NAS drive

eattheliving
07-03-19, 20:57
hi everyone,
hope you're all well.
would like a bit of guidance please.
I have just purchased a NAS drive to use for storing films etc. I have mounted my duo2 to it no problem and can stream films to my box.
my question is can my mate connect to my NAS through his duo2 box from an entirely different network?

cheers

goRt
08-03-19, 01:33
hi everyone,
hope you're all well.
would like a bit of guidance please.
I have just purchased a NAS drive to use for storing films etc. I have mounted my duo2 to it no problem and can stream films to my box.
my question is can my mate connect to my NAS through his duo2 box from an entirely different network?

cheersYou mean remote access? Yes if you have enough bandwidth and routers configured correctly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

eattheliving
08-03-19, 07:27
You mean remote access? Yes if you have enough bandwidth and routers configured correctly.

yes mate. it's so he can share my films and watch them at his home.

Ashley69
08-03-19, 11:18
Setting up plex would be easier to share from nas.

goRt
09-03-19, 09:35
Setting up plex would be easier to share from nas.Assuming you don't have cgnat/double NAT

eattheliving
09-03-19, 14:23
Assuming you don't have cgnat/double NAT

now you have lost me.:) i'm ok with a fair bit of the tekky stuff but that's gone over my head.

@Ashley69,
do you have to pay for the plex software to be able to use it?

ccs
09-03-19, 14:27
If you want to add to the confusion, try googling cgnat/double NAT

Ashley69
09-03-19, 18:15
now you have lost me.:) i'm ok with a fair bit of the tekky stuff but that's gone over my head.

@Ashley69,
do you have to pay for the plex software to be able to use it?
I already had a plex pass when I set up my qnap nas as my server so I’m not to sure. Can watch everything on my nas from anywhere though.