PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] EPG not Saving/Loading

Silent
01-03-19, 12:16
Hi Guys

I can't get the EPG data to save or load from either flash or HDD. In fact when I change the setting between HDD and Flash I have to reboot to even get the GUI to tell me it's going to that new location.

Anyone else have this problem? It doesn't occur on the other box types for me (but not using same version they're on 5.1).

Thanks

lincsat
01-03-19, 12:26
No problem here, I save to HDD. I do rename the file to epg.dat though. The data saves to file on a graceful reboot or GUI restart or when selecting save from the EPG menu. Do you see the file saved on the HDD or Flash?

twol
01-03-19, 12:48
Hi Guys

I can't get the EPG data to save or load from either flash or HDD. In fact when I change the setting between HDD and Flash I have to reboot to even get the GUI to tell me it's going to that new location.

Anyone else have this problem? It doesn't occur on the other box types for me (but not using same version they're on 5.1).

Thanks
Having to reboot doesn't surprise me as you change the dest and the epg is already setup to load from the previous destination.
So on reboot, manually reload the epg and then I would expect it to be fine assuming you have set it upto reload at a set time each day.
Sometime epg.dat can get screwed, in which case Putty(telnet) into the box (enter init 4 (there is a space there) to stop the box), and with filezilla delete the epg.dat from flash and any other location eg HDD, then in the telnet session enter init 6 (reboot)

abu baniaz
01-03-19, 14:33
You need to check debug log as to why EPG is not being saved.

If you are using OpenTV as well as Rytec, there is always a corrupt EPG message, it never saves as a result.

There is a script/plugin to purge EPG if the function within the image does not work.

Silent
01-03-19, 16:54
All sorted, for some reason it started working as soon as I put debug logs on lol. I couldn't see any errors, was puzzled and then noticed it had finally created the file when pressing save!

Thanks all

ccs
01-03-19, 16:58
… make sure it's now been saved to hdd, not flash.