PDA

View Full Version : NowTV + Duo2

tagteam3283
28-02-19, 12:32
hi guys, I'm moving into a non-cable area and don't use any S%y channels except the sports channels so I'm looking for alternatives.

It looks like NowTV offer a sports pass for £20/month but I want to be able to use this on my Duo2/ Amazon v2 box or Shield TV.

Any ideas if this is possible? if yes, how?

I don't want to be buying yet another box just for NowTV.

Ste

Andy_Hazza
28-02-19, 12:37
Certainly not possible on your Duo2. There are NowTV apps, so maybe available on those other boxes you have. I know NowTV app is available on my Apple TV, so just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sicilian
28-02-19, 12:37
Your amazon and shield boxes should support now TV.

gibbletts
28-02-19, 14:18
now Tv only support casting on android boxes the native app won’t play on a device with hdmi out, should cast to your shield but you can get a nowtv stick effectively for free as they come with a pass so that’s an option if you don’t want to cast from a mobile device

tagteam3283
02-03-19, 20:22
thanks all, can you clarify further please? the now TV app is not listed when i search on my shield or amazon TV v2 play stores. Don't really want to get anoterh frikkin box/ stick. I bought the shield to replace the amazon box

TK4|2|1
03-03-19, 10:50
Definitely not available on Amazon fire stick.

gibbletts
03-03-19, 14:29
thanks all, can you clarify further please? the now TV app is not listed when i search on my shield or amazon TV v2 play stores. Don't really want to get anoterh frikkin box/ stick. I bought the shield to replace the amazon box

Now tv only works with mobile android devices like phones and tablets, as I stated you could cast from your phone to the shield from your phone but if you want to navigate with a remote on your tv you need a roku, now tv stick, Apple TV or a Samsung/LG tv and there are some blu ray players that have it but you can’t use it on fire tv or a native app on the shield