PDA

View Full Version : H7s Triple tuner , recording FTA

PedroEll
25-02-19, 19:21
Hi Im experiencing some difficulty , if I record a program from Free-Sat like something off Channel4 ,lets say ,, a half doze other channels deteriorate , like the signal is not strong enough ,, ie. horizontal lines going across screen .. Horror ch , Blaze , . Stop recording and the channels return to normal , Line free, top quality ???
I have tried Edision OS Mega on same two feeds (dual CT100 ) and no problems ,, my knowledge is limited but is this a hardware or software problem ?? All firmware is up to date and running latest fresh install build...
anyone else came across this ?
Any input would be appreciated if there are any settings to get round this?
Thanks in advance

Sicilian
25-02-19, 22:21
Sounds like a signal issue, lnb, coax or F connectors.

Check each tuner scans the same services. Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select Tuner A at top first, then set type of scan as Single Satellite. Scan on Tuner A, then Tuner B, see is same amount of services are found.

If they do, check each tuner individually, disable Tuner B, watch and record a couple of channels on Tuner A only. Then do the same with Tuner B disabling Tuner A. If they work ok individually could be an LNB issue.

PedroEll
26-02-19, 11:34

Check each tuner scans the same services. Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select Tuner A at top first, then set type of scan as Single Satellite. Scan on Tuner A, then Tuner B, see is same amount of services are found.

If they do, check each tuner individually, disable Tuner B, watch and record a couple of channels on Tuner A only. Then do the same with Tuner B disabling Tuner A. If they work ok individually could be an LNB issue.

I was going to check "signal finder" just now to see strength of signal on effected channels and
Pressed "Record" Channel 4 ,, switched to BBC1 to go up along channel list.

"TUNE FAILED" ON , BBC1, BBC2 ,BBC4 ,ITV1 ,ITV2 ,ITV3, ITV3+1, ITV4 ,ITV4+1 (, up to channel 4 on my list.)
Strangely I have ITV+! ,ITV+2

Put back on Edison OS mega and dug out my old OSmini (DVBS2 X2) and record Channel 4 and no problems .
Dish and LNB are a month old ,,there was a few spots of rust on old dish , installed using "professional" sat finder .
So Im stumped ,,, Any Ideas?

Sicilian
26-02-19, 11:40
Do as I advised in post 2.

twol
26-02-19, 13:45
Check all connections ..... I have seen people in the past say it works on one box and not the other and then find they had not physically checked the connection - that it worked on one box was just luck.
On the LNB you physically need to switch over the ports to prove issues there

PedroEll
26-02-19, 17:33
Apologies ,I have tried suggestions in post , and checked connections when changing STB ,connections are good and good quality compression fittings ,, trouble seems to be with tuner" B " on ZGemmaH7s,, coming back as "not connected " when trying to configure tuner "B" ,, switched cables and same result and just to be sure put meter on at business end an signal cable is 100% .tried manual scan and with predefined transponder it will go through the motions and do a manual scan on tuner "B".

Sicilian
26-02-19, 17:44
Apologies ,I have tried suggestions in post , and checked connections when changing STB ,connections are good and good quality compression fittings ,, trouble seems to be with tuner" B " on ZGemmaH7s,, coming back as "not connected " when trying to configure tuner "B" ,, switched cables and same result and just to be sure put meter on at business end an signal cable is 100% .tried manual scan and with predefined transponder it will go through the motions and do a manual scan on tuner "B".

So to confirm, BOTH tuners work as they should individually? Both tuners find 900+ services on Astra 28.2?

PedroEll
26-02-19, 20:01

I had tried to edit above statement but 30min+ had elapsed . Here's up date .
Config tuner-simple-auto and box scans for transponder ,picks up 28.2 Astra on both And B tuner.
Manual scan -tuner A - Simple -single- scan ,398 channels also same for Tuner B (FTA only, Yes) .
Have all channels in ABM ,
go to Channel4 -Record , BBC1,2 4 ITV1,2,3,4 Tune Failed ,black screen also going into children section in ABM "Tune Failed" all gone too ,,
Now here interesting new thing Ive noticed ,, going into entertainment ,press red button for "ALL" and say BBC1 there are quite a few,, none of HD show anything but click on BBC1 northern Ireland and station shows ,,
A Quick Fix , I could substitute all missing channels with one that work but there are no substitutes for a lot of children's channels or plus ,really only BBC's and bigger networks have more than one sub or Regions ..
I was convinced it was tuner "B" was faulty after it missed being detected on auto in config tuner but that has never repeated and both Tuners manual scan, Both behaved as should when disabling A or B and recording .

anyone else have this problem ,, or Any Ideas would be appreciated .

twol
26-02-19, 20:12
Thats way too low, either there is an LNB issue or your dish is not aligned.

PedroEll
26-02-19, 21:43
Thats way too low, either there is an LNB issue or your dish is not aligned.

For non subscription channels ? 400 aprox ,, how many should I have on DVBs2x tuners ... no prob with alignment but cant say about LNB but two other STB work flawlessly with same set-up ??

twol
26-02-19, 22:53
As per post#7 if you just do a normal scan it picks up everything and on 28.2E you should pick up 900+

abu baniaz
27-02-19, 01:00
Don't enable the FTA mode when scanning. It does not matter for s2/s2x in UK. If you get less than 900 channels, it is a hardware fault somewhere.

If you are using a Sky LNB, be aware a fault with some of them only appears when two receivers or more are using it. The LNB is fine when only one device is connected to it.

Sicilian
27-02-19, 06:51

Do exactly like this to test.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 12:02
Do exactly like this to test.

Have done this Both scans pick up same amount of channels , when I disable one tuner and record ,other channels are greyed out in menu ,basically I now have one tuner system ,have to watch channel I am recording.
Activat both tuners and record
BBC1 HD ,can watch all other channels.
Record ITV2 watch all other channels
Record Channel4:
BBC1,BBC2,ITV1,,ITV2,ITV3 ,ITV4 ,4seven , "TUNE FAILED" both "A" "B" colored yellow in info interface bottom of screen.
BBC4 ,ITV+1, ITV2+1,ITV3+1,ITV4+1, Channel4,More4, E4, Channel5HD , Reception perfect with "A" in yellow and "B" in green in information bar in bottom of screen
More4 ,E4 ,,reception perfect with Tuner "A" in green (Tuner"B" +"C" greyed out ) in information bar in bottom of screen.

REmoved "ZGemmaH7s" and installed " Edision OS MEGA " (also triple tuner) Repeat scans ,same number of channels found as ZGEMMA H7s ,same when I disable one tuner and NO Problems,, Record all channels ,no loss or "Failed Tune" on any other channels .

Sicilian
28-02-19, 12:05
I'll be surprised is the Zgemma is faulty. I'd compare tuner settings with both boxes.

Send a screenshot of the tuner settings on both satellite tuners and a photo of the rear how you've connected the receive up to your feeds.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 12:52
I'll be surprised is the Zgemma is faulty. I'd compare tuner settings with both boxes.

Send a screenshot of the tuner settings on both satellite tuners and a photo of the rear how you've connected the receive up to your feeds.

No worries ,
I have also included recording settings ,, hope this is what you requested.

Sicilian
28-02-19, 12:54
Set preferred tuners to Auto.

If that does not solve your issue can you test on another dish?

Sicilian
28-02-19, 13:21
Also can you test the two satellite cables and make sure theres not shorts in them.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 13:31
Set preferred tuners to Auto.

If that does not solve your issue can you test on another dish?

Preferred tuner settings in recordings does not come with "auto" in choice , Only ,," disabled , Tuner A ,Tuner B " I have changed these, each tuner with each choice and unfortunately makes no differance .

I had a "Sly" dish and quad LNB and but changed that to Triax 80CM dish and a Quality universal LNB quad up ,, before I posted but didn't make any differance.

Sicilian
28-02-19, 13:34
Contact whoever you purchased from, they can check it out.

Imo it's either an issue with LNB / Feeds or issue with the Twin satellite tuner module.

It's odd that each tuner works correctly on its own, but not together. Thats what makes be think its an issue with LNB / Feeds / F connectors / Short in the coax.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 14:02
I appreciate your input and help ,, I cant figure it out but I Think I will have return box if possible, as to install HDD you have to disturb/break, "warranty void if removed label" ..

But I cant see how its LNB or Sat cables as it works on Three different STB's , Two different dishes ,two different LNB's ,, with no problems, which have been swapped around numerous times to try and locate this problem.

If anyone one else has similar prob pleas feel free to contact me as Id love to resolve this .
Thanks again

Sicilian
28-02-19, 14:23
I appreciate your input and help ,, I cant figure it out but I Think I will have return box if possible, as to install HDD you have to disturb/break, "warranty void if removed label" ..

But I cant see how its LNB or Sat cables as it works on Three different STB's , Two different dishes ,two different LNB's ,, with no problems, which have been swapped around numerous times to try and locate this problem.

If anyone one else has similar prob pleas feel free to contact me as Id love to resolve this .
Thanks again

Contact wherever you purchased. Ignore the warranty sticker to install HDD, but don't bother if you can't resolve your issue.

Imho it's either an issue with LNB / Feeds or fualty Twin satellite tuner module which is easilly resolved. If bought from WoS shop open a support ticket here: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/support/

It's odd that each tuner works correctly on its own, but not together. Thats what makes be think its an issue with LNB / Feeds / F connectors / Short in the coax.

Sicilian
28-02-19, 14:37
I've just tested a H7S and got no issues watching and recording from both satellite tuners.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 17:09
Thanks again ,, if I knew anyone local that had a H7s , ID try it on my setup. But Looks like that rules out firmware? Though I might Re-Flash before I disconnect for good ,, hate not solving .
All connectors have been cut off and replaced with New Quality Connectors , Friend has tested lines with meter, he borrowed with permission from his work ,,tested ok , so at least that them removed , peace of mind ,, dish has been physically removed also and re-installed and realigned . problem persists .

Sicilian
28-02-19, 17:12
Contact where you purchased, I'm sure they will resolve the issue for you.

ccs
28-02-19, 17:24
I must admit I don't understand why you can't set preferred tuners to Auto.

I thought that was the default.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 19:09
Should have put this to bed ,, Tried a re-flash , Tuner B not picked up on config boot ,, set manual ,, Tuner A 782 channels ,Tuner B 224 ??

Sicilian
28-02-19, 19:19
Should have put this to bed ,, Tried a re-flash , Tuner B not picked up on config boot ,, set manual ,, Tuner A 782 channels ,Tuner B 224 ??

Well that totally contradicts what you posted earlier.

What scan results do you get is you swap the cables around? If there same as above contact where you purchased.

PedroEll
28-02-19, 21:51

Tried to manual scan again in set-up wizard on boot-up ,Tuner B froze at 53% 224 channels , reboot exit set-up wizard , manual scan -simple - single and matched channels on Tuner A ,, Record Channel 4 (which seemed to be prob channel before) and while recording all other channels are OK . Not to tempt faith but all seems in order ,,

PedroEll
01-03-19, 00:35

Tried to manual scan again in set-up wizard on boot-up ,Tuner B froze at 53% 224 channels , reboot exit set-up wizard , manual scan -simple - single and matched channels on Tuner A ,, Record Channel 4 (which seemed to be prob channel before) and while recording all other channels are OK . Not to tempt faith but all seems in order ,,

abu baniaz
01-03-19, 00:57
You are not following advice being given to you. Why are you going back to setup wizard?

PedroEll
01-03-19, 10:29
I had followed advise gladly received ,, done the scans and disabled ,Only reason there was "gap" in steps was I was doing it between , kids coming in from school and other house duties , last advise was to return to seller ,, So I tried a re-flash , though it was mentioned it could be Tuner module, as a last ditch attempt , I had difficulty in startup ,using wizard as mentioned , and now fingers crossed everything seem to have settled.