PDA

View Full Version : 28.2E and 9.0E on Multiswitch

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 00:04
Finally got around to trying this and I've got it uploaded.
I might have overwritten ATV by accident, but I don't need a dual boot setup.

My system is 28.2E and 9.0E feeding into an EMP Centauri Multiswitch. Port A = 28.2E. Port B = 9.0E.

Here are the screen grabs of my tuner configuration - can someone explain why I can't see 9.0E with the predefined KA-SAT. The LNB is a Triax Twin KA TKT001 LNB. I also cannot obtain a signal now with the dummy frequency of 10.765 V.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

twol
24-02-19, 08:23
Which emp multiswitch?
When I had my EMP multiswitch I had 2 sats in and 16 outputs.
From what I remember I just specified the LNB for each Sat and that was it, no fancy port A/B etc with diseqc

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 12:43
It is a MS9/8PIU-5 V10: EMP Centauri MS9/8PIU-5 V10 (http://www.emp-centauri.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=prodview&id_kateg=1&id_pkateg=12&id=231)

I've played about with it this morning, and I can get the signal using the fake frequency, but that is not compatible with ABM:

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 13:23
Which emp multiswitch?
When I had my EMP multiswitch I had 2 sats in and 16 outputs.
From what I remember I just specified the LNB for each Sat and that was it, no fancy port A/B etc with diseqc

I'm not sure how that would work, the switching between the two satellites seems to rely on it essentially being a diseqc:

Ref: Instruction Manual (http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/1003343.pdf)

abu baniaz
24-02-19, 13:28
Does the 9e LNB on its own (without the switch) work with signal finder/ABM

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 13:57
I've set up Tuner B to 9.0E
LNB = LNB 1
Prioty = Auto
Type = KA-SAT 9E)
Voltage Mode = Polarization
Increased Voltage = No
Tone Mode = Off
Diseqc Mode = None
Force Legacy = No

With this, and using the predefined transponder, there is no signal found.

Is there any attributes you want me to modify?

twol
24-02-19, 14:13
It is a MS9/8PIU-5 V10: EMP Centauri MS9/8PIU-5 V10 (http://www.emp-centauri.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=prodview&id_kateg=1&id_pkateg=12&id=231)

How does that work in your setup, it expects 2 LNB‘s that are quad (need to set the dip switch) or quattro —— you are not using either from the LNB description

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 14:34
The 28.2E comes in as a quad input from the Sky supplied LNB.

The Saorsat only needs to be free into Vertical low of the multiswitch.
I confirmed this with the EMP Centauri tech support before purchasing. Others users here in Ireland have this setup too.

To receive Freesat/Sky or other services alongside Saorsat, a dual- or multi-feed type dish or two dishes are needed with either one or more DiSEqC switches or a multi-switch. On a multi-switch the Saorsat LNB needs to be connected to vertical 0 kHz port only. The other 3 input ports are left unused.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saorsat

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 14:35
The Saorsat channels are all on a single transponder.

abu baniaz
24-02-19, 15:23
The LNB details were added by William Oldwin. They were confirmed working including with ABM.

He is no longer contactable, I suspect he has left this world.

We need to ensure LNB works in native E2 functions without any fake details before we start adding ABM then the switch.

I'll ping Huevos. He may have an idea on possible progress

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 17:05
The reason I'm progressing this is that it is for retried relations who are used to the Sky interface and struggle to switch between satellites and different channel numbers.
The aim is to replicate the Sky EPG swapping out the Irish channels on the Sky EPG with those from Saorsat.

Huevos
24-02-19, 18:04
We need some photos how you have this wired.

LNB has 2 outputs, so how have you attached to the switch.

I would put just one cable from the lnb to the switch and attach it to horizontal/low port.

In the tuner config of 9 east switch "tone mode" to "off".

Huevos
24-02-19, 18:06
Also is the switch self powered or powered from the receiver?

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 18:30
The mulitswitch is self powered.

Sky has 4 inputs feeding into VL, HL, VH & HH of the Sat System A. This is working as expected with both OpenATV, OpenVix and ABM.

9.0E has a Triax twin KA SAT LNB supplying two inputs into SAT System B of the multi-switch. This is the recommended setup - although not fully necessary for this multi-switch as it is capable of handling quad/quattro LNBs intot each inputs (Ref:Saortv Distribution/ (http://www.saortv.info/satellite-saorsat/distribution/)
The only required input is feeding into VL. For neatness, the second feed was connected to HL. From recollection VH & HH have terminators.

I'll get the settings of the microswitches on the multi-switch later.

Xiaomi
24-02-19, 20:52
Lever Position
1 ON
2 OFF
3 OFF
4 OFF

22 kHz signal to satellite inputs for high band can be switched on/off and active/passive mode of
terrestrial band can be selected by DIP switch located at left top side of the multiswitch.
• Lever 4 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs G & H (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
• Lever 3 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs C & D (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
• Lever 1 controls mode of terrestrial band (OFF: passive, ON: active)

I've no idea as to what lever 2 does.

Huevos
24-02-19, 22:37
Can you bypass the switch for the moment so the lnb goes direct to the receiver.

Xiaomi
25-02-19, 00:09
Yes, it will have to wait until I'm back with them though.
Anything else in advance that I should check whilst there?

Xiaomi
02-03-19, 17:59
Can you bypass the switch for the moment so the lnb goes direct to the receiver.

Done. No improvement. What settings do you expect the setup to have?

Xiaomi
02-03-19, 18:16
Changed the voltage to 13V and we now have a signal and channels.
Do you wnat me to do anything else before reverting to the multiswitch?

Xiaomi
02-03-19, 19:26
ABM picked it up too.

abu baniaz
02-03-19, 19:50
Thanks. If everything is fine, nothing else required.

Xiaomi
02-03-19, 22:25
Thanks. If everything is fine, nothing else required.

I've reintroduced the multiswitch and it is not working. I've tried all the voltage options. The spec for the multiswitch states it is controlled by diseqc 1.0 (2.0) commands. I've selected 1.0 and set to port B When I switched the LNB back to universal and manually entered the 'fake' transponder setup, a signal and channel was obtained again - so the multiswitch is operational and the box is capable of switching.

So the initial question remains. KA-SAT operates in isolation. However when I introduce the multiswitch it fails to respond. Why is the KA-SAT LNB diseqc setup different to the Universal setup and what should I be looking at in order to get the KA-SAT diseqc setup to operate?

Thanks.

Huevos
02-03-19, 23:49
You need to wire like I already posted.

Xiaomi
03-03-19, 00:33
I would put just one cable from the lnb to the switch and attach it to horizontal/low port.

I've set the tone mode to off for KA-SAT. It is on for 28.2 as it is universal LNB. There is only one the one cable going into the Multiswitch VL input on Sat System B now. As I have two outputs from from the KA LNB and I've now disconnected one of them, I created two LNBs for Saorsat (LNB2 & LNB3) with all settings equal as shown below. Not sure if this was the correct thing to do - but didn't work with or without the additional LNB 3 - I suspect it is superfluous and should be removed.

Pics of setup attached.

Xiaomi
03-03-19, 12:36
I've now deleted the LNB 3 as it is not required.

Xiaomi
09-03-19, 23:32
We need some photos how you have this wired.

LNB has 2 outputs, so how have you attached to the switch.

Did you intentionally mean the HL port here?

Xiaomi
10-03-19, 00:29
You asked for a photo of my setup:

The multiswitch takes in two Quad/Quattro LNBs and an aerial input (not used).
The recommended setup is that Freesat is input into Sat A and Saorsat is fed into Sat B. From the photo, you can see that the four inputs for Freesat are fed into Sat A and a single Saorsat input is fed into VL of Sat B. I initally had the second Saorsat input fed into HL, but as per your advice, I've now removed it.
In terms of the outputs a single feed is supplied to each of the four bedrooms (outputs 5 - 8).

Outputs 1 & 2 are fed into living room 1, where they are used as a backup to the main Sky Q system. In living rooms 2, outputs 3 & 4 from the multiswitch are fed into a Mutant HD51 - now operating with an OpenVix image in order to provide Freesat & Saorsat.
As the occupants are elderly, they are struggling with the different setups in both rooms. (yes, an additional SkyQ box could have been sourced, but they didn't want pay more for a second room so this is what they ended up with).

As I've said previously, I can get the OpenVix image to switch to Sat B (Saorsat) using a universal LNB with the false transponder info with DISEQC 1.0 command set to Port B, but when I use the same diseqc setup for the KA-SAT LNB (Voltage Mode = 18V) then the signal finder does to pick it up.

As we tested previously, KA-SAT setup works perfectly with a direct feed - bypassing the multiswitch. So the question is what is different between a KA-SAT and Universal LNB in terms of diseqc commands?

(Yes, the plasterboard at top needs to be trimmed and gap hidden behind a brush trim.)

Huevos
10-03-19, 12:40
Did you intentionally mean the HL port here?Yes. DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE CABLE. CL needs 19V so it must be connected to the HL port.
Connect the cable directly to the STB (bypassing the switch) to test. Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

Post a link to the multiswitch manual.

Xiaomi
10-03-19, 15:46
http://emp-centauri.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=prodview&id_kateg=1&id_pkateg=12&id=231

Data sheet and instruction manual linked in to right corner.

Xiaomi
10-03-19, 15:59
Yes. DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE CABLE. CL needs 19V so it must be connected to the HL port.
Connect the cable directly to the STB (bypassing the switch) to test. Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

Post a link to the multiswitch manual.

One cable now connected into HL
Does 19V require 'Increased Voltage' set to 'Yes' - as the voltage options are 13V or 18V?
Cable has been connected directly to the STB last week and worked with the KA-SAT. Re-introduction of the multiswitch has lost KA-SAT.
As stated previously.band switch has been disabled for KA-SAT, but not for Freesat as it has a universal LNB setup.
VL switched to HL. No improvement.

Xiaomi
16-03-19, 16:12
Had there been any change to the image?
I've now connected to VH and I've got a signal through the router.

Huevos
17-03-19, 13:13
If VH is the signal path your tuner config it wrong. Should be HL. Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".

Xiaomi
19-03-19, 00:15
Yes, the multiswitch is setup for quad LNBs.

However, as per the manual for the switch:

In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz

However, in post #28, you state:

Make sure band switching is disabled in your tuner config.

For a quad LNB is this correct? My setup is as per post #26. Note that for the 9.0E setup Tone Mode is set to Off.

I presume that there is no need to make further alterations to the setup as I can now obtain 9.0E via KA-SAT - albeit via a different port on the switch.

Huevos
19-03-19, 19:14
You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite. If you are not receiving via HL port there is something wrong with the tuner setup.

Xiaomi
20-03-19, 13:12
Is the switch definitely configured as for "quad" lnb, not "quattro".

You are not using a "quad" lnb on 9 east. So you want tone mode off on that satellite.

Switch is setup for Quad. Tone Mode is off. Voltage is equal to 18V.

In case when quad LNBs are used, it is necessary to switch on 22 kHz, see section 6 Product
Settings. If some of outputs are not used, it is appropriate to terminate them with 75 Ohm loads. If
not terminated, the specified terrestrial band insertion loss may not be kept.
The wiring examples are shown in the section 11 Wiring Diagrams or at the website www.empcentauri.eu.

6 Product Settings
For all satellite inputs, it is possible to change level of signals by means of attenuators in 15 dB
range. The minimum attenuation is in clockwise stop position, the maximum attenuation is in
counterclockwise stop position (for terrestrial input switching to passive mode, see below). Set
attenuators very gently, do not turn them behind stop positions by force.
22 kHz signal to satellite inputs for high band can be switched on/off and active/passive mode of
terrestrial band can be selected by DIP switch located at left top side of the multiswitch.

Lever 4 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs G & H (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
Lever 3 controls 22 kHz at satellite inputs C & D (OFF: enabled, ON: disabled)
Lever 1 controls mode of terrestrial band (OFF: passive, ON: active)

Lever setup: (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61018-28-2E-and-9-0E-on-Multiswitch&p=482374&viewfull=1#post482374)

Lever Position
1 ON
2 OFF
3 OFF
4 OFF

I can turn on lever 4 to disable 22kHz switching on VH and HH. However your initial quote above said to check that the switch is definitely configured for Quad LNB, then subsequently said that it is not a Quad LNB setup. So, I'm getting a bit confused as to what is required.

From EMP-Centauri technical support:

Inputs A,C,E,G of multiswitch provide 13 V and inputs B,D,F,H provide 18 V. Moreover, inputs C,D & G,H can provide 22 kHz tone according to DIP switch levers 3 & 4 respectively.
The LNB may or may not detect and configure itself according to these conditions (universal LNB does, Quattro LNB does not).
In your case, DIP levers are on OFF position, it means that 22 kHz is enabled - but I do not know if it makes any difference, because I do not know about functionality of your LNB: Is it sensitive to voltage? (controls selection of polarization), I guess yes. Is sensitive to 22 kHz? (band switching), I guess no. Therefore I am not sure if and how the signals coming out of your LNBs depends on input of multiswitch (its voltage) and position of DIP switch (22 kHz tone).

But I am sure that if you got the signals using VH input, the receiver provided low voltage and 22 kHz tone. You can check LNB config within receiver's setup menu if there is option to disable 22 kHz tone. If you succeed, you can reconnect the LNB from input VH to VL.

Huevos
20-03-19, 19:00
18v and no tone should route to HL. If something different is happening something must be wrong with the switch.

Grml4D
22-03-19, 18:05
are you using only free tv or not ?
most satellites have the same channels ...
i have a square dish with a motor ; recently i unmounted it ...and right after remounting i was able to see "most news" channels

https://i.postimg.cc/fbDWKrW6/openvix-52.jpg

i made the image and a part is ZOOMED , the usals motor or receiver think it is pointing 19.2 E while it is in fact 28.2 E . the frequency tool of the firmware detects the right signal/ bad position ...

your multiswitch look nice but you should show your lnb and info... are you using a second dish or a lnb with an second head like this with 3 : https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Directv-Dish-built-multi-switch/dp/B002EKKR20/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=lnb&qid=1553272980&s=movies-tv&sr=1-5-catcorr
you need to rotate the "lnb[s]" to get the maximum force of signal .. a satellite pointer is helpful too and it is refunding itself at first time .
check your calculations is also a good thing ...
try this website to get help and right values : https://www.dishpointer.com/#page-top
enter value without letter : 53.7844,9.1029 and select multilnb and in the list to read result [ the choice box no has yours...]

Xiaomi
22-03-19, 23:15
For this receiver setup in this room I am only using free TV - Freesat & Saorsat.

LNB is a Triax TKT001 which is the standard LNB used in Ireland for Saorsat (https://www.vanjak.com/product/triax-tkt-001-universal-twin-ka-lnb/)
There are two dishes used. First dish is a standard Sky dish with the Sky/Freesat LNB oriented at 28.2E. The four freesat inputs feed into SAT A of the switch. The second dish is a 90cm solid dish with the TKT 001 KA SAT LNB oriented at 9.0E. It has 2 feeds one which is connected to Vertical High of the SAT B of the switch, the second feed is unused.
The dishes were put up by installers and both were checked used meters - I've no reason to believe there is an issue out at the dish as signals can be obtained for both Freesat & Saorsat.

Attached is the signal finder for 9.0E - the orbital position and the satellite information correlate:

Xiaomi
23-03-19, 00:19
I've just noticed - note 9.0E is branded as 9.2E - I'm not sure if there is any ill effect of this:

Xiaomi
23-03-19, 00:53
Also note, the the greyed out channels are defined as 9.0E under the screenshot, whereas for the available channel it is defined as 9.2E.

What is happening here?

EDIT: Looks like when I scanned 9.0E KA Satellite it brought in the KU as well - I've not configured the tuner for this particular satellite:

Xiaomi
23-03-19, 00:56
I've tried to get the channel mix as I require using this custom mix, is there a problem with it, or is it related to the above?

abu baniaz
23-03-19, 20:10
The content of mix file seems fine. Filename is incorrect though. Should be
sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Why are you using custom lcn? There is no need for it.

Did you not say ABM was working fine for saorsat earlier?

Xiaomi
23-03-19, 21:34
I thought the custom mix name has to match the lcn name?

Yes it is working. However I need to match the channel numbering for the Saorsat channels on the sky EPG as that would make it identical to that on their sky+ so in their main room.

Pain in the ass, but they can't remember which is which.

So I was going to get channel number the same between both rooms and then load the slyk skin into the image to bring it all closer together.

abu baniaz
23-03-19, 22:15
Custom mix will only add services into empty slots. Delete then add. Have a look at davesayers mix file if you want to see a working example.

Xiaomi
24-03-19, 13:16
Hi,

I've tried that, but I'm now getting an inability to tune ABM on Saorsat Tuner B. Intermittently, it will work and generate both - I've no idea as to what is going on.

I can obtain the channels using my setup and accessing them through TV > Providers > RTENL.
I think it is trying to locate Saorsat on 9.0E whereas it is actually on 9.2E as outlined previously in post #40.

Attached below is the ABM log file and my test Custom Mix which I was using to see if I could get some initial change in behaviour from the ABM plugin. I've also tried removing the hd_ prefix on the Custom Mix, but to no effect.

Xiaomi
24-03-19, 13:20
From reading the log it looks like it is failing to get a lock on Saorsat, but using the signal finder, the green 'LOCK' text is presented within 1 - 2 seconds and Orb Pos is populated before 7sec elapses.

Xiaomi
24-03-19, 22:57
ABM issue being tracked here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61151-Saorsat-Failed-to-tune-Saorsat-on-tuner-B&p=483590#post483590

Xiaomi
27-03-19, 00:52
Altering the Voltage Mode for the KA-SAT LNB set up on 9.0E Ka-band 9B & Ka-Sat 9A has no effect on the signal finder. With the LNB input to the switch fed into VH altering the voltage continues to obtain a signal via the signal finder.
I would expect altering the voltage level to change the input required for the LNB feed into the switch. Tone has no effect either.
I tried all three available options - Polarisation, 13V and 18V.

From EMP Centauri help desk:

For routing signals from input "E" to output, the multiswitch must get all these information from receiver:
- Voltage at coaxial not more the 14.5 V
- No 22 kHz tone
- DiSEqC position B

If any of these three items is set wrongly, the multiswitch opens wrong path. For example:
If voltage is above 15.5 V, input "F" is selected intead of "E"
If tone 22 kHz is active, input "G" is selected intead of "E"
If no DiSEqC position has been sent, input "A" is selected.

Xiaomi
27-03-19, 08:22
Meant to add to the above, that I'm trying to source a diseqc monitor to check what is coming out of the receiver, unless someone knows an alternative method?

Huevos
27-03-19, 18:39
Way to test receiver...

Move 28 east cables to e-h and set up 28 east as diseqc b.

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 00:15
I got the diseqc tester and I've now checked the the commands sent by the STB.

Manual: http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/1002231.pdf

As I previously stated, Saorsat has two listing sets - one for 9.0E and one for 9.2E. I've setup the monitor for Multiswitches with 2 or 4 inputs and diseqc switches for 2 LNBs
9.0E does not provide a signal for me using either F or G. 9.2E provides a signal using G.

DISEqC Switches for 2LNBs
9.0E
The commands are:
>15V
LEDs 2 & 3 illuminate then clear.

9.2E does provide a signal using G.
The commands are:
>15V constant on and 22kHz flash
LED 2 constant on & 3 flash

Multiswitches with 2 or 4 LNBs
9.0E
The commands are:
>15V
LED 2 illuminate then clear.

9.2E
>15V constant on and 22kHz flash
LED 2 flash

I've tried moving the Saorsat down into Sat A, but I've not been able to pick up a signal. I've not got much time this weekend, but I might move 28.2E up into SAT B to see if it works there.

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 16:59
Okay - this points to being a multiswitch issue. I've re-read the instruction manual and I think should be referring to the fourth row - 'Multiswitches with 8, 12, 16 LNB inputs.

Switching 28.2E onto SAT B and retuning results in approx 950 channels being detected.
The command from the box for the initial transponder 10714 H 22000 5/6
is >15V, 'Polarisation' and 'Position'.

9.0E does not pick up a signal unless it is fed into VL for the KA-SAT channel - this confuses me as SAT B requires it on VH.
The STB is command >15V and 'Polarisation'. I can't see how this is switching SAT A to VL.

Yes - I know the cables are not fully connected into the switch, but it still provided full suite of channels.

I'll switch back to SATA = 28.2 and SATB = 9.0E and reconfirm the settings for it.

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 17:30
Okay, so I've just reverted to the previous setup and 28_2E is perfect on either SATA or SATB.
However, 9_0E is problematic. On SATB, it only comes in on VH whereas on SATA it comes in on VL. Bear in mind the only change I've made is to switch the DISEqC command from Port A to Port B.

So, what could be wrong with the switch here? Have I done anything wrong? For info, the switches on the monitor are:
1 = ON
2 = OFF
3 = OFF
4 = OFF

So, from the below images it can be seen that 28_2 is now:
>15V and 'Polarisation'. Note 'Position' has now cleared - which is as expected as it has shifted from SATB to SATB.

9.0E is now:
>15V, 'Polarisation' and 'Position'.

Note these have reversed from previous post - this is expected, so STB is operating correctly.

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 19:03
https://photos.app.goo.gl/49xa9DXYJan2r3Bh6

Notice the commands required for Saorsat on the working setup (9.2E) - it is using 22kHz, despite no change in setup from previous post.

abu baniaz
07-04-19, 19:21
Why is 9.0e not available?

Please do not mention anything about switching or ABM.

abu baniaz
07-04-19, 19:23
And why do you also have 9.2e?

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 20:26
I do not know where 9.2E has come from.
When I select 9.0E on the tuner config, it is displayed as 9.2E. see initial post of tuner setup.

Refer to the following response from your colleague:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61151-Saorsat-Failed-to-tune-Saorsat-on-tuner-B&p=483618&viewfull=1#post483618

abu baniaz
07-04-19, 20:37
Your video is showing 9.2E the available/configured satellite and 9.0E as unavailable. Double check your tuner configuration.

I am pretty sure I posted something about establishing whether the data tables have 9.2 or 9.0. Best to treat that issue in isolation though.

Xiaomi
07-04-19, 21:11
Tuner configuration is as shown in post #53 above.

Xiaomi
08-04-19, 07:32
I see an error in the Voltage Mode for KA-SAT in the second image - it should be 18V instead of Polarisation. However that is not the cause of the additional 9.2E satellite.

Huevos
08-04-19, 09:07
I see an error in the Voltage Mode for KA-SAT in the second image - it should be 18V instead of Polarisation. However that is not the cause of the additional 9.2E satellite.What do you mean "additional 9.2E satellite"? Position 9.2E is the Ka-band satellite. 9.0E is the Ku-band position.

Voltage mode should be "polarisation".
Tone mode should be "off".

Xiaomi
08-04-19, 12:16
What do you mean "additional 9.2E satellite"? Position 9.2E is the Ka-band satellite. 9.0E is the Ku-band position.

See post 56.

Huevos
08-04-19, 17:39
See post 56.No idea what you mean "additional". "92" is the correct slot for 9 east ka.

abu baniaz
08-04-19, 18:28
Why does he have two satellites listed? 9.0E and 9.2E

Huevos
08-04-19, 19:16
Why does he have two satellites listed? 9.0E and 9.2EIs he using the official OE-Alliance satellites.xml?

90 == Ku-band (https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-tuxbox-common/blob/7ee6282ca6f8282a7d179af758862b99bebbcfbb/src/satellites.xml#L2087)

92 == Ka-band (https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-tuxbox-common/blob/7ee6282ca6f8282a7d179af758862b99bebbcfbb/src/satellites.xml#L2124)

abu baniaz
08-04-19, 19:52
He is using the official file. He is no longer using the fake transponder.

Xiaomi
09-04-19, 12:52
Is it something to do with this? Is somewhere else missing this update or does part of the application extract 90 from the Saorsat xml filename?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59857-Combining-Sky-EPG-with-Saorsat&p=474198&viewfull=1#post474198

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/d8a7a3712a322f27debd3721c3664996f26b488c

Xiaomi
09-04-19, 14:25
Didn't get back in time to edit above in time. Should the below Saorsat file be entitled sat_0092_saorsat.xml?

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/sat_0090_saorsat.xml

-->
<provider>
<name>Saorsat</name>
<streamtype>dvbs</streamtype>
<protocol>lcn</protocol>
<transponder
orbital_position="92"
frequency="20185000"
symbol_rate="25000000"
polarization="2"
fec_inner="2"
inversion="2"
system="1"
modulation="1"
roll_off="0"
pilot="2"
tsid="8564"
onid="1005"
/>
<sections>
<section number="1">Channels</section>
</sections>
<servicehacks>
<![CDATA[
]]>
</servicehacks>
</provider>

Huevos
10-04-19, 01:21
Didn't get back in time to edit above in time. Should the below Saorsat file be entitled sat_0092_saorsat.xml?

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/blob/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/sat_0090_saorsat.xml

-->
<provider>
<name>Saorsat</name>
<streamtype>dvbs</streamtype>
<protocol>lcn</protocol>
<transponder
orbital_position="92"
frequency="20185000"
symbol_rate="25000000"
polarization="2"
fec_inner="2"
inversion="2"
system="1"
modulation="1"
roll_off="0"
pilot="2"
tsid="8564"
onid="1005"
/>
<sections>
<section number="1">Channels</section>
</sections>
<servicehacks>
<=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[
]=]=>
</servicehacks>
</provider>No. The file has the correct name.

Your problem, according to your log, is failure to tune.

Tune on satfinder. Close satfinder and try to do ABM scan on same tuner. Post the log.

Xiaomi
13-04-19, 23:49
I've bypassed the multiswitch and still the issue with the greyed out channels exists (Ref: Saorsat - Failed to tune Saorsat on tuner B - Post #7 (https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61151-Saorsat-Failed-to-tune-Saorsat-on-tuner-B&p=484504&viewfull=1#post484504)).

Attached is the ABM log for this.