PDA

View Full Version : need real help

satsatsat
04-02-11, 20:47
bought one of these from our sponsers...

cant get it to work....the update process on usb seems to start and then says...

update error..try again or contact support...im getting a bit worrid now..im trying to update new box with roy image BKP 21.01.11

any help anyone

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:09
You followed this here? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5453-How-to-Qbox-Mini-HD

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:12
Is your firewall disabbled?

satsatsat
04-02-11, 21:14
i dont think so...how do i do that

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:18
i dont think so...how do i do that

What os is on your pc? Look in Control panel > Windows firewall.
Are you using Qbox updater? Recovery Qbox method in the link posted?

Tbh i'm totally blind with this as i've not got hold of one of these units yet.

satsatsat
04-02-11, 21:21
vista....imtotally lost

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:25
First what method are you using to update the Qbox?

Second look in Windows control panel for windows firewall.

satsatsat
04-02-11, 21:30
im using usb formatted in fat 32 as supplied with the box....im also trying other usbs...none working
im trying to load on arthur or roy images....it seems to start then goes to error message
ive only got lnb and hdmi cable attached at mo plus electric supply

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:43
JUst a guess, i've not played with one of these yet.

The usb stick supplied i think should remain connected to receiver (as I think this will hold the firmware). I think you then use a second usb stick to flash. Taken from the guide: -

Update file system via USB:

1. Connect the decoder to your TV and satellite plant;
2. Do not remove the usb stick from the decoder supplied (in case of suspected damage to the stick, the formatting is recommended in "FAT32" using a PC or replacement with a new key);
3. Download the latest update from
Code:

www.qboxsvn.com

/ filesystem;
4. Unzip the *. rar file you just downloaded a program with eg winrar;
5. Qboxhd_update save the folder onto a USB stick;
6. Put the usb stick in receiver and turn it on;
7. The update will start automatically and will end when the TV in the classic menu wizard.
8. Remove the memory stick inserted for the update.

Like I siad, just a hunch as I've not physically tested one of these yet. Think you need to use TWO usb sticks. Leave the one that came with the receiver connected after flashing.

satsatsat
04-02-11, 21:49
ok i will..problem is i have reformatted it to fat 32 and then put the file on it..shall i reformat it to fat 32 again and leave it empty

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:51
ok i will..problem is i have reformatted it to fat 32 and then put the file on it..shall i reformat it to fat 32 again and leave it empty

Yes do that with orig, then format a second stick fat32 and add the flash file. Connect both and turn on the receiver. Read the guide so your clear on when the flashing process is finished, point 7.

satsatsat
04-02-11, 22:07
now i know why your the boss...............................AMazing it works

Sicilian
04-02-11, 22:09

:sweating:

Great stuff. Sometimes it pays to step back and re-read guides and take them one step at a time ;)

Larry-G
04-02-11, 22:11

lol sometimes you have to admit the bloke does talk some sense. but only sometimes mind you.

satsatsat
04-02-11, 22:38
il tell you this.....ive got 1 techno 9100, a dm 7020, dm 500s, vu duo (easily the best) and others and for £180 this qbox aint bad at all