PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Back up auto-timers and timers from MIPS TO ARMS

joysleep1
18-02-19, 10:25
Hey Guys

I am in the process of installing my ultimo 4k in my room but i wanted to know if it was possible to shift all my auto-timers and timers from my xtrend 10000 to my ultimo 4k. I have a lot and it would take ages to set it up again. (i will do it if i have to).

I was just hoping there was a way i can back this and somehow restore it onto my new receiver?

Thanks

Willo3092
18-02-19, 10:35
You can just copy autotimer.xml from /etc/enigma2/ from one box to the other.

Same procedure for timers.xml but you have to send a killall -9 enigma2 command via putty/telnet to stop E2 shutting down gracefully.
If you don't do this E2 will overwrite /etc/enigma2/timers.xml with the copy stored in ram.

This is the command that I run to copy and reboot:

#!/bin/bash
rm tempfl.txt 2> /dev/null
init 4
COPY STUFF OVER AT THIS POINT (source path to destination path)
killall -9 enigma2
init 3

joysleep1
18-02-19, 10:42
You can just copy autotimer.xml from /etc/enigma2/ from one box to the other.

Same procedure for timers.xml but you have to send a killall -9 enigma2 command via putty/telnet to stop E2 shutting down gracefully.
If you don't do this E2 will overwrite /etc/enigma2/timers.xml with the copy stored in ram.

This is the command that I run to copy and reboot:

#!/bin/bash
rm tempfl.txt 2> /dev/null
init 4
COPY STUFF OVER AT THIS POINT (source path to destination path)
killall -9 enigma2
init 3

ok looking back.. the auto timers are more important to me.. the timers i can easily do again because there is only 2.
Do i have to do any telnet putty stuff for the autotiemrs? So if i just save the auto timer folder somewhere on my PC, i can then transfer it to the new enigma 2 folder on my ultimo?

ONce i do this, i just restart and its done?

ccs
18-02-19, 10:44
I don't think it's quite that simple, the service reference (in autotimers) for the old box will have to match the service reference on the new box.

If the tuners on both boxes match then it should be ok.

joysleep1
18-02-19, 10:51
I don't think it's quite that simple, the service reference (in autotimers) for the old box will have to match the service reference on the new box.

If the tuners on both boxes match then it should be ok.

oh no

That might be a problem.. most of the auto timers are on my cable tuner on my et10000. I will have an FBC cable tuner on my ultimo 4k?
Would this work?

abu baniaz
18-02-19, 10:58
Service reference will be the same whether you have an FBC cable tuner or a legacy cable tuner. Yes, you can re-use the autotimer and timer file.

As above, enigma2 must not be running when you transfer. I'd use init 4 command to stop it, transfer, then init 3 to restart.

You can use your bouquets too.

joysleep1
18-02-19, 11:15
Service reference will be the same whether you have an FBC cable tuner or a legacy cable tuner. Yes, you can re-use the autotimer and timer file.

As above, enigma2 must not be running when you transfer. I'd use init 4 command to stop it, transfer, then init 3 to restart.

Thanks abu

So just to get this straight. I turn the receiver on. Once everything is loaded. I input the command (init 4). I then log into filezilla and ftp the file that i backed up into /etc/enigma2/ . I then input command 3 and my timers will show up upon restating?

Is this correct?

abu baniaz
18-02-19, 11:22
Yes, that is correct.

joysleep1
18-02-19, 11:39

Another thing, how do i know enigma 2 has stopped? What should exactly happen when i input init 4?

Thanks

Willo3092
18-02-19, 11:44
The tv screen should go black

joysleep1
18-02-19, 11:50
The tv screen should go black

Ooh ok thanks

joysleep1
22-02-19, 14:29
Tried this yesterday. Worked like a charm. All my timers were restored. Thanks guys