PDA

View Full Version : Flash expander stuck on reboot

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 11:17
Received this box with pre-installed vix image as a back up for my 4K vu+ zero box.
Set it up with advanced tuner settings very quickly and smoothly. Pretty impressed with fast zapping and picture quality for a cheap 4k box.
I thought I would install flash expander and that's when reboot issue began.
I followed Sicilian's posted instructions to the letter and all good until final reboot, receiver just hangs on vix welcome scenery screen, left for a least half hour but nothing doing!
I have usb reflashed receiver twice with current image but still same issue on final reboot. Anyone able to suggest where I am going wrong.

Sicilian
10-02-19, 12:31
Are you using release build 5.2.026? May need to wait for next release build. Pretty sure 5.2.026 should be ok.

Sicilian
10-02-19, 12:46
Just tested release 5.2.026, it's fine. Using a 8GB USB2.0 stick for flash expander.

After Flash Expander completes it will ask you to reboot, select Yes and just wait.

Before installing Flash Expander I've got a 16GB SD card mounted to /media/hdd and 8GB USB stick mounted to media/usb in ViX > Mount Manager. Both initialised by the receiver.

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 13:11
Hi Sicilian,
Thanks for responses.
I can confirm that I flashed box with 5.2.026 yesterday.
I'll remount and intialize Kingston 8GB USB stick, then try installing flash expander again.

Andy_Hazza
10-02-19, 13:22
Make sure you have the usb in the usb 2 port (white) not the usb 3 port (blue) as I had problems. Also when initialised, mount as usb. Doesn’t hurt to reboot the receiver and check the mount points again. Also I made sure I did this all before installing any plugins. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 13:55
Hi Andy, yes usb stick is on blue port for now, will swap if have issues again.
Hang on,Flash expander has now finally installed but bloomin slow!
Timed it, took 15 minutes for selecting "YES to reboot" to actually reboot, ( hisilicon screen, then black screen and finally vix image screen) is this normal?
I don't have any other plugins installed, tuner is disabled and running with default skin from image.
I will now install Kodi and stalker, will update later.

twol
10-02-19, 13:58
Make sure you have the usb in the usb 2 port (white) not the usb 3 port (blue) as I had problems. Also when initialised, mount as usb. Doesn’t hurt to reboot the receiver and check the mount points again. Also I made sure I did this all before installing any plugins. Hope this helps.

Note: I don't have that issue - only 1 usb port on the H9-2S!!!

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 14:18
Something's not right here, I installed Kodi and stalker plugins without prolbem, thought I'd do a reboot.
Timed it again, took 7 minutes ( hisilicon screen, black screen, open vix image screen)
I have 4GB usb stick on white port (the plan was to use this for settings / image back ups) and 8GB stick on blue port.
Are you suggesting that I only should use one usb port at a time?

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 14:27
Quick update,this is getting weird!
Just noticed that Kodi and stalker plugins have disappeared from my plugin browser after reboot, lol!
Definitely installed them before reboot.

Sicilian
10-02-19, 14:28
I'm testing a H9T now, I've been testing with a H9.2H until now.

Report back shortly.

ccs
10-02-19, 14:28
Hi Andy, yes usb stick is on blue port for now, will swap if have issues again.

Update to guide.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60935-Guide-how-to-install-Flash-Expander-on-Zgemma-9-Series-and-other-models&p=481777&viewfull=1#post481777

Are you suggesting that I only should use one usb port at a time?

There is only 1 usb port on the H9-2S.

Sicilian
10-02-19, 14:47
No issues here. I'd suggest use a different USB stick.

To clear things up, H9T and H9S have TWO USB ports, 1x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0. Use the USB 2.0 for flash expander. H9.2S and H9.2H only have 1x USB 2.0 port.

I've got 16GB SD Card mounted and initialised by the receiver to EXT4, mounted to media/hdd.

8GB USB 2.0 stick initialised by the receiver and mounted to media/usb.

I then installed Flash Expander. Took less than 3 mins to install and reboot.

I then added a 128GB USB 3.0 stick in the USB 3.0 port, initialised and mounted to media/usb.

Finally installed Kodi and stalker, then rebooted. Reboots in well under 1 min.

No performance impact at all.

I think these H9 are great boxes for the money.

linsladeboy
10-02-19, 15:26
Hi Sicilian, my usb not an issue in my opinion.
Just swapped it from usb3 (blue) to usb2 (white), rebooted , which took less than a minute and all plugins showing inclding kodi and stalker.
Would that not indicate usb 3 issue with flash expander plugin?

Sicilian
10-02-19, 15:27
Hi Sicilian, my usb not an issue in my opinion.
Just swapped it from usb3 (blue) to usb2 (white), rebooted , which took less than a minute and all plugins showing inclding kodi and stalker.

Exactly what's been posted, you must use the USB 2.0 port for Flash Expander, not the USB 3.0 port.

ccs
10-02-19, 15:28

Have another look at post #11 or #5.

danny121pt
10-02-19, 15:56
No issues here. I'd suggest use a different USB stick.

To clear things up, H9T and H9S have TWO USB ports, 1x USB 2.0 and 1x USB 3.0. Use the USB 2.0 for flash expander. H9.2S and H9.2H only have 1x USB 2.0 port.

I've got 16GB SD Card mounted and initialised by the receiver to EXT4, mounted to media/hdd.

8GB USB 2.0 stick initialised by the receiver and mounted to media/usb.

I then installed Flash Expander. Took less than 3 mins to install and reboot.

I then added a 128GB USB 3.0 stick in the USB 3.0 port, initialised and mounted to media/usb.

Finally installed Kodi and stalker, then rebooted. Reboots in well under 1 min.

No performance impact at all.

I think these H9 are great boxes for the money.

Hi mate, I know from different forum, but this is worth looking at and maybe making into a guide also for vix.

Used yonks ago when had h9t, involves sd card (not usb) a script and all done.

https://www.opena.tv/air-digital-zgemma-h9/40658-expand-rootfs-8gb.html

If you prefer over Flash Expander plugin itself and wanna use SD for flash and usb / external 3.0 as /media/hdd etc.

Sicilian
10-02-19, 15:58
Hi mate, I know from different forum, but this is worth looking at and maybe making into a guide also for vix.

Used yonks ago when had h9t, involves sd card (not usb) a script and all done.

https://www.opena.tv/air-digital-zgemma-h9/40658-expand-rootfs-8gb.html

If you prefer over Flash Expander plugin itself and wanna use SD for flash and usb / external 3.0 as /media/hdd etc.

That’s being looked into.