PDA

View Full Version : The Timer button on VU+ Duo 4K

steenkh
07-02-19, 16:43
The Timer button does not seem to be recognised by OpenViX. Nothing happens when I press it, and I have tried to reassign it, but the system still does not notice when it is pressed, so no reassignment happens.

abu baniaz
07-02-19, 16:45
Do you have debug logs?

steenkh
07-02-19, 16:49
Do you have debug logs?
Not yet. I'll see if I can find out how to activate them.

Andy_Hazza
07-02-19, 16:51
What timer button are you referring to? How are you setting timers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steenkh
07-02-19, 23:34
I activated debug logs, rebooted the system, and pressed the Timer button. Then I sent the debug log marked with my user name. Was this what I was supposed to do?

steenkh
07-02-19, 23:35
What timer button are you referring to? How are you setting timers?
The Timer button is on the VU+ Duo 4K remote control in the lower middle, below the Audio button.

I would like to use this button to list the timers. Right now I have reassigned the Audio button to do this; I just think it would be better to use a button with a more appropriate name.

abu baniaz
07-02-19, 23:43
The Timer button is on the VU+ Duo 4K remote control in the lower middle, below the Audio button.

That is the pause button on my Vu remote. Is the remote in following picture the same one you are referring to?

https://github.com/oe-alliance/branding-module/blob/master/BoxBranding/remotes/vu/rc.png

abu baniaz
07-02-19, 23:46
Or is it this remote

https://github.com/oe-alliance/branding-module/blob/master/BoxBranding/remotes/vu4/rc.png

steenkh
07-02-19, 23:54
Or is it this remote

https://github.com/oe-alliance/branding-module/blob/master/BoxBranding/remotes/vu4/rc.png

Yes, this is the one.

abu baniaz
08-02-19, 00:01
Not many people log into that log e-mail account. I gave up a few years ago, you should have got an automated response telling you to upload it to the forum too.

In live TV mode, press the timer button 10 times while in live tv mode (i.e no menus open). Upload the debug log here as an attachment please.

By the way, the green button is assigned to show timers by default on all receivers on OpenViX image

steenkh
10-02-19, 13:26
Finally, I got the debug log. It took some time because when I was home, I could not switch on debugging because there was always a recording going on.

I looked through the log myself, but I could not find anything indicated that I had pressed the Timer key ten times. I can see when I pressed the keys to go to the menu to switch off debugging. It is as if the Timer key does not exist, but I do see the light on the Duo flash whenever I press the key, just like for any other key.

You are quite right that the Green key has the function that I want from the Timer key, and I have also programmed the Audio key to show the timers, so I really do not need the Timer key. But I still think it is odd that that there is a key without a function.

ccs
10-02-19, 13:35
The timer button on my et10k remote works as expected, FWIW.

steenkh
11-02-19, 09:52
What is an et10k remote? I guess that is not the one that comes with the Duo 4K?

ccs
11-02-19, 11:05
What is an et10k remote? I guess that is not the one that comes with the Duo 4K?
Correct, it's the remote for an Xtrend ET10000, and yesterday was the first time I'd tried the timer button.

abu baniaz
11-02-19, 19:25
Maybe we need to update the keymap. However, I can't see you pressing the button on your log. Might be easier for you to start enigma2 in console mode and then press the button. You will see it in real time. See my signature for link to thread with commands if you need it.

OldSkulRide
11-02-19, 20:41
I read on pli board that this is a problem with vu+ drivers. Timer button also has no default function on openpli.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

jenseneverest
12-02-19, 15:09
drivers fixed

http://code.vuplus.com/gitweb/?p=vuplus_openvuplus_3.0;a=commit;h=3dbb58121ab3a1 0e0695926255067744dd624c9a