PDA

View Full Version : Oscam

pk12
24-01-19, 18:59
Hi,
i ruing openatv Image 6.2 & need some help.i want upgrade Oscam version.can some help me.
thanks.

Andy_Hazza
24-01-19, 19:11
Use Oscam-latest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pk12
25-01-19, 03:27
thanks for reply.
i did not now about how can upgrade Oscam.

B4RTJ
03-02-19, 18:06
In Plugins section you have "Download plugins" > softcams > and there you will see Oscam plugin. Its called latest like Andy_Hazza mentioned. Please note that you will need "load" for oscams, so you need to ftp correct files (oscam.config, oscam.server) into correct location, and then start (restart) oscam service in menu.

abu baniaz
04-02-19, 00:50
oscam-latest = version defined in bitbake file used by us. It does not mean the latest available oscam. Sometimes issues arise so we don't always use the "latest" version.

lincsat
25-03-19, 14:55
I understand that some builds do not work properly but I've tried a few versions of OScam with EMU that the softcam manager will not start but they do start and run fine from the command line using ./oscam

What is the command used in the softcam manager to start the cam and any idea why it won't work with some builds?

I can attach one of the builds I'm trying if required

twol
25-03-19, 15:15
What is the command used in the softcam manager to start the cam and any idea why it won't work with some builds?

You don't issue commands
I assume you are going blue button -> Softcam Manager -> select the Oscam you want in Select box -> green button (Start) and usually Blue buttons -> Enable at Startup

lincsat
25-03-19, 15:20
You don't issue commands
I assume you are going blue button -> Softcam Manager -> select the Oscam you want in Select box -> green button (Start) and usually Blue buttons -> Enable at Startup

That is correct, pressing start does nothing but use the command line and it starts.

I have tried on 2 different boxes and have attached the build of OScam if you want to try

lincsat
25-03-19, 15:33
As an update. I've decompiled the SoftcamManager.pyo file and removed the ulimit -s 512; from the startselected softcam for oscam on line 368 and it now starts the cam OK.

I've no idea what the ulimit -s 512 does or if it's necessary for something else but is it something that can be removed safely in future?

Trial
25-03-19, 16:18
Hi,
just for information: no need to decompyle. Install vix-src and you will have the source.

ciao

lincsat
25-03-19, 16:58
Hi,
just for information: no need to decompyle. Install vix-src and you will have the source.

ciao

I decompiled SoftcamManager.pyo with the Easy Pythoin decompiler

I have now found that if ulimit -s 512 is changed to ulimit -s 1024, then that works as well. I'm guessing it's the amount of RAM that the process can use and it needs more than 512K

twol
25-03-19, 18:27
I decompiled SoftcamManager.pyo with the Easy Pythoin decompiler

I have now found that if ulimit -s 512 is changed to ulimit -s 1024, then that works as well. I'm guessing it's the amount of RAM that the process can use and it needs more than 512K
See:- https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/blob/master/src/SoftcamManager.py

abu baniaz
25-03-19, 19:15
......and have attached the build of OScam if you want to try

For what SOC architecture is this file?

bellejt
25-03-19, 19:25
the oscam you download sometimes needs still to be activated by attribute setting to 755 !!!

spanner123
23-04-19, 21:23
I understand that some builds do not work properly but I've tried a few versions of OScam with EMU that the softcam manager will not start but they do start and run fine from the command line using ./oscam

I can attach one of the builds I'm trying if required

There is quite a long thread about this problem on another forum. Basically libcrypto 0.9.8 is required and can be ftp'd to usr/lib and attribute 755. Then oscam will start.

abu baniaz
24-04-19, 16:20
The version of libcrypto was updated a long time ago to fix a bug where devices where being hacked. More than likely libcrypto compat needs an edit to crate a symlink.

Trial
25-04-19, 07:26
Hi,
does ViX create symlinks to 0.9.7 and 0.9.8? At least it was the case when the update to 1.x.x was made because of these kinds of problems.

ciao

lincsat
25-04-19, 13:13
There is quite a long thread about this problem on another forum. Basically libcrypto 0.9.8 is required and can be ftp'd to usr/lib and attribute 755. Then oscam will start.

I added a symlink to the existing libcrypto and patched the SoftcamManager to double the ulimit size and now all OScam's I've tried do run fine

spanner123
25-04-19, 13:26
I added a symlink to the existing libcrypto and patched the SoftcamManager to double the ulimit size and now all OScam's I've tried do run fineGreat work. Maybe you should post your fix on the other forum as lots of people having problems!

Edit: I have just quoted you on the other forum hope that's ok?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
25-04-19, 17:14
Hi,
does ViX create symlinks to 0.9.7 and 0.9.8? At least it was the case when the update to 1.x.x was made because of these kinds of problems.

ciao

root@tmnanosem2:~# opkg install libcrypto-compat-0.9.7
Package libcrypto-compat-0.9.7 (1.0-r0) installed in root is up to date.

root@tmnanosem2:~# opkg install libcrypto-compat-0.9.8
Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'libcrypto-compat-0.9.8'.
Unknown package 'libcrypto-compat-0.9.8'.
Collected errors:
* opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package libcrypto-compat-0.9.8.

root@tmnanosem2:~# opkg install libcrypto-compat-1.0.0
Package libcrypto-compat-1.0.0 (1.1-r0) installed in root is up to date.

Looks like we have an issue with 0.98. Solo 4k had same problem. All it is is a symlink installer.

abu baniaz
25-04-19, 19:12
The symlinks can be added by the following command

ln -sf /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7
ln -sf /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
ln -sf /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
ln -sf /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.2 /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

lincsat
26-04-19, 12:47
Great work. Maybe you should post your fix on the other forum as lots of people having problems!

Edit: I have just quoted you on the other forum hope that's ok?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have posted in a couple of forums but I've no problem with you quoting me elsewhere M8.

From within /usr/bin/ I used the

ln -sf libcrypto.so.1.0.2 libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Then with a text editor, did a search and replace in the SoftcamManager.py to replace ulimit -s 512 with ulimit -s 1024

abu baniaz
01-05-19, 13:06
Also how come the OpenViX feed doesn't always have the latest version of OSCam when it becomes available?

Posting answer to your question in this thread.

We use the name "oscam latest" so that the softcam manager/settings uses the same name. If oscam on Vix feeds is updated and user updates image, the newer one will be used without user having to change anything

oscam-latest = version defined in bitbake file used by us in 4.2 branch. 4.3 branch has auto rev

Arm
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/blob/4.2/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/openvix-softcams-oscam-latest-arm.bb#L9

Mips
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/blob/4.2/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/openvix-softcams-oscam-latest-mipsel.bb#L9

Oscam history is here
http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/svnstyle/open/log/?base=oscam&target=//trunk/

It does not mean the latest available oscam. Sometimes issues arise so we don't always use the "latest" version. As you may have seen from willo's thread, he was unable to download the source files, so the image build he was trying failed, but anyhow, that was after a succesful build by us. I think other teams use Persian Prince's repo as it is more reliable.

OpenVix does not do daily builds. You will have to wait until a build is run for any plugins on the plugin server to be updated. We already have 11517 on our server