PDA

View Full Version : Notifications are "off" by default??

EGGMANCAN
21-01-19, 12:46
When first I signed up to world-of-satellite.com I was getting no notifications from threads I had posted to. Can we change this please?
When you sign up "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" should be "Through my control panel only".
and "New Private Message Notification Pop-up:" needs to be set to "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up".

Sicilian
21-01-19, 12:51
You can change this in your Forum account settings, we won't be setting any new defaults.

abu baniaz
21-01-19, 19:38
Please stop abusing the report button. If you made a mistake, just post in the thread correcting it. If you feel the need for it to be edited, ask in the thread.

My guide threads are locked to prevent people asking for support in them. Just start your own thread.

May I remind you to read this

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

EGGMANCAN
22-01-19, 12:48
ok, well after subscribing to threads and changing my profile settings still I am not seeing and new notifications in the top Notifications panel.

Sicilian
22-01-19, 13:46
That is for PM's only. I don't know of any Vbulletin settings to change this.

ronand
22-01-19, 14:16
There are no notifications for replies to threads. However when you click on "Whats New" near the top you will see a green mark on any thread that you have posted in.

abu baniaz
22-01-19, 16:17
you can subscribe to threads. you then pick how and when you are notified.

I much prefer the method/defaults on this forum than others where you auto subscribe to any threads you respond in, with instant email notifications.

ronand
22-01-19, 16:53
Agreed. theres too much email floating around needlessly

Sicilian
22-01-19, 17:06
Agreed. theres too much email floating around needlessly

We get member reporting their activation emails as spam believe it or not, causes issues with server host.

EGGMANCAN
22-01-19, 19:27
We get member reporting their activation emails as spam believe it or not, causes issues with server host.
what?! that's like they're DDOS'ing your emails. There's no way they wouldn't know what an activation email is, unless they thought it was a scammers spoof email trying to steal their credentials.

EGGMANCAN
22-01-19, 19:32
There are no notifications for replies to threads. However when you click on "Whats New" near the top you will see a green mark on any thread that you have posted in.
that layouts kinda nice actually.