PDA

View Full Version : Kodi shuddering

Coldfire
19-01-19, 17:10
Got a problem with Kodi shuddering on all movies. Is this a known issue?

Coldfire
19-01-19, 20:02
It was all working fine :( reset box and still the same.. audio is fine just the video is all jerky and stuttering.

romancast
19-01-19, 20:52
it happens to me continually for that reason I always use wiseplay is an alternative app to watch tv, you only need the wiseplay listas (https://mundonetutoriales.com/listas-wiseplay/) and the application that is in google play

Coldfire
19-01-19, 22:28
It's just so annoying being marketed as a Kodi box.

ccs
19-01-19, 22:30
"It was all working fine" - what did you change?

Andy_Hazza
19-01-19, 22:31
Seems fine to me. I installed a fresh build of ViX (Dev) and have setup everything up as new. Maybe your source material (films) and video settings etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy_Hazza
19-01-19, 22:32
I will give it a thorough test tomorrow.

Coldfire
19-01-19, 22:45
Nothing changed at all. It will play low quality movies fine but hd it will just be all jerky and not smooth.

Coldfire
19-01-19, 22:47
It is every source even different links that are high quality. Tried changed refresh rate hardware acceleration etc within Kodi and still the same

Andy_Hazza
19-01-19, 23:03
Just tried the odd ones in HD & Full HD and they seem fine. I have been lazy and installed new version of The B**st 2019 if this helps you.

Coldfire
19-01-19, 23:21
Just tried the odd ones in HD & Full HD and they seem fine. I have been lazy and installed new version of The B**st 2019 if this helps you.

Will try and reflash vix tomorrow and try again just hope it is not hardware related.

Trial
20-01-19, 09:51
Hi,
did you try to view a file from your HDD? Do you have a wired or WiFi connection? Do you have framerate set to multi? Did you try same movie with your PC?

There are so many things that can go wrong with streaming!

ciao

Sicilian
20-01-19, 10:24
Will try and reflash vix tomorrow and try again just hope it is not hardware related.

It's not hardware related, I've tested this morning playing from a NAS, some files play fine, others judder. The same juddering files do not judder when played back via Dreamplex.

Need to test OpenATV in the same way to see its a driver or image issue.

Coldfire
20-01-19, 11:16
It's not hardware related, I've tested this morning playing from a NAS, some files play fine, others judder. The same juddering files do not judder when played back via Dreamplex.

That is the same issue as me :) some will work fine but they more hd ones will judder

Coldfire
20-01-19, 11:17

That is the same issue as me :) some will work fine but they more hd ones will judder

ixprun
21-01-19, 12:03
Same here same issue.....haven't tried with latest drivers yet but playing files from a remote NAS server (via samba) and also from a remote tvheadend server via Kodi's pvr.hts results in a lot of stuttering making the film unwatchable. Same files/tvheadend channels play smooth in enigma2 built in player. It has to be some kodi/sf8008 comptabaility issue

danny121pt
21-01-19, 15:49
Try taking HQ scaling from 20% to 0% see if that helps, as its not actively upscale
Turn on Refresh Rate to Always
Try Enigma2 player as extplayer3 or gstplayer3 via service app and see if teh same

Try few things with the files you know cause teh issue and see if anything resolves.

danny121pt
21-01-19, 16:07
clutching at straws that though, overall Kodi is better on my Vu+ and Mutant for addons I use.

Coldfire
21-01-19, 16:12
Did scaling and refresh rate and didn't make a difference. How do you do the other bit?

danny121pt
22-01-19, 02:03
Just been having a little play, as videos would not play from Plex plugin from a share I have, but fine from own media.

So I actually disabled - Hardware acc - HIPLAYER

HQ scalers - I left at 20% for time being
Adjust refresh rate - as always.

Now my plex files play.

But tested Deadpool 2 at 1080 p and 5.1 audio and it plays better, no little frame rate drops so far or judders in which its a fast moving movie (hence testing via that)

My serviceapp via enigma2 is set at extplayer3 also.

Not saying change to that, just always worth trying few things at own ends as may differ and help, at least until it can be looked at again etc.

That's how it was set on short test.

Sicilian
22-01-19, 06:56
I've done some tests, I think the issue is with the Hicilicon Hiplayer that Kodi uses, (at least thats what I think its using).

Same files that stutter in Kodi do not stutter in Dreamplex or the standard E2 movie player.

Coldfire
22-01-19, 08:08
I've done some tests, I think the issue is with the Hicilicon Hiplayer that Kodi uses, (at least thats what I think its using).

Same files that stutter in Kodi do not stutter in Dreamplex or the standard E2 movie player.

It is easy to fix?

Sicilian
22-01-19, 08:12
It is easy to fix?

No idea, it’s a software bug that engineers need to sort out. Sent octagon a video.

Coldfire
22-01-19, 08:15
No idea, it’s a software bug that engineers need to sort out. Sent octagon a video.

Brilliant. Thank you

danny121pt
22-01-19, 09:32

Hi mate, you should try disable hardware accer - hiplayer like pic I posted above, then exit kodi, go back in and try that same media see if does the same for you.

Worth a go, as I had play in early hours and HIPLAYER was black screen and sound on a plex share and stuttury on some 1080/5.1 media not in plex addon, but in short test after seemed ok for a bit.

Coldfire
30-01-19, 19:55
Tried everything and still the same. Any fix yet?

Octagon-Germany
21-03-19, 18:34
pls test with today drivers kodi issue, should be fixed.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?60194-New-drivers-for-SF8008/page9