PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying VU+ Duo 4K

barnumdog
15-01-19, 10:12
Hi

Looking to change my Gigablue Quad and fancy this Duo

I need some pointers...

I'm not to bothered about Cable options but would have one for the odd thing, I really want to have a rock solid Freesat box with 8 tuners!
My gigablue quad has been the worst box I've ever owned and the solo2 it replaced but now in another room, still never misses a beat, so VU is the future

I think I understand the FBC tuners, but with sat if i did change my Octo LNB to a Unicable one would I have 8 sat tuners?

and whats does **PLEASE NOTE THE SATELLITE DVB-S/S2/S2X TUNERS CURRENTLY DO NOT SUPPORT MULTI-STREAM.*** from the WOS website mean?

What would I get with 2 normal feeds from my existing octo LNB?

Ive only just dicovered about these new type of Unicable LNBs and would need also to feed my Solo2 in another room if I swapped the LNB to a uincable

ANy help would be great

Sicilian
15-01-19, 10:22
Good overview about Multi-Stream in the link below:

https://wiki.openpli.org/Multistream

It's only for certain satellites and will not affect you for Astra 28.2.

If you use your existing Octo LNB the Duo4K FBC tuners will works as a standard twin tuner but will record more channels depending on the quadrant being watch/recorded.

With a Unicable LNB you'll be able to get full use of 8 tuners.

Trial
15-01-19, 10:25
Hi,
with 2 normal feeds you will still have 8 tuners but you can only use 2 out 4 bands from a sat so for instance you can record up to 8 different channels from
horizontal high and low but nothing from vertical then. I thought about the Duo4K myself but it only has 1 card reader.

Ralf

barnumdog
17-01-19, 11:40
Thanks Guys, I think you've help me decide and I'll change my LNB at a later date too.