PDA

View Full Version : on going twin tuner issues on cable, sat blind scan dont work nor dose cable scan.

jenseneverest
14-01-19, 13:49
Bought this box in December, returned it the same week to wos as the twin dvb/c tuner was not being detected.
The box was returned back to me with no fault found..........
I still had the issue however. Eventually the drivers were fixed by gigablue and the tuners were at last found.
That cost me the return postage fees and weeks of pissing about arguing with wos support.

Now the the dvb/c tuners finally work i am able to test further. ABM brings in all the usual channels on both sat and cable.
The tuners both work but there is an annoying glitch on some channels that have high ber.
Normally a manual scan of dvb/c fixes the issue (on all my other boxes anyways) but none of the cable scanning options work on this box using latest vix image (or any of the other images i have tried)

Also blind scan of dvb/s finds a few channels but for the most part is useless.

I hope these issues can be fixed quickly.

twol
14-01-19, 14:48
Would help to see the ViX release version you are using... and on SAT which satellites you are trying to access..... and tuner config

Blind scan is not working on FBC tuners...... in fact its currently disabled on the blindscan plugin from what I remember, so not sure where you are picking this up from unless you are on an old release.

Sicilian
14-01-19, 15:14
Blindscan with the embedded satellite tuners is not supported, I've actually reported it to OE-A and asked for to be removed.

High BER is normally an issue with your signal. BER should ideally be zero.

jenseneverest
14-01-19, 17:20
As stated I am using the latest vix build from the download section whatever number it is. I'm back on pure2 now.

Blind scan on the fbc Sat tuners don't bother me. However the option to blind scan is available to those tuners.

What dose bother me is the manual scan on dvb/c not working. Using the same cable input on my other boxes the ber is still there, but not as high and dose not affect pic quality. As said before a scan on dvb/c sorts the issue (if it works )

twol
14-01-19, 18:47
If you are using latest (and PureE2 is somewhat backward) then its using same plugin (unless they have hacked something again) and it should not allow you to scan

jenseneverest
14-01-19, 20:03
If you are using latest (and PureE2 is somewhat backward) then its using same plugin (unless they have hacked something again) and it should not allow you to scan

That was on the latest vix image
I would not go on the black hole forum and report an issue with openatv
The reason I mentioned pure2 is because all image's have the same issue and I don't know what build number vix image I used because I have now flashed my pure2 backup.
Have you got a twin cable tuner in your gigablue?
Have you tried scanning dvb/c

abu baniaz
14-01-19, 20:08
I will see if we can remove the blind scan from the fbc tuner. I'll test DVBC scanning for the GB UE 4K in next few days.

twol
14-01-19, 20:45
That was on the latest vix image
I would not go on the black hole forum and report an issue with openatv
The reason I mentioned pure2 is because all image's have the same issue and I don't know what build number vix image I used because I have now flashed my pure2 backup.
Have you got a twin cable tuner in your gigablue?
Have you tried scanning dvb/c
I don‘t have cable, its not something thats typically available in my location.
With blindscan on the FBC S2 tuner you do not get the scan button its disabled.

abu baniaz
19-01-19, 20:54
The results of scanning for cable are as in the video. I wish I hadn't updated Freemake

abu baniaz
19-01-19, 21:53
FBC tuner excluded from blindscan
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/93bd05f4685238ac529b97c50dc5e06762868209