PDA

View Full Version : Owners feedback

linsladeboy
14-01-19, 12:30
I am looking to purchase this receiver to replace seperate satellite receiver and droidbox android unit.
Can owners please post opinions now that this receiver has had numerous updates from Octagon.

Coldfire
14-01-19, 14:33
I am looking to purchase this receiver to replace seperate satellite receiver and droidbox android unit.
Can owners please post opinions now that this receiver has had numerous updates from Octagon.

Happy with mine but only had it few days. Kodi still needs work as keeps freezing.

twol
14-01-19, 14:53

What do you want the receiver to do? Sat/Cable/IPTV/Kodi ???????????????

linsladeboy
14-01-19, 17:08
What do you want the receiver to do? Sat/Cable/IPTV/Kodi ???????????????

Hi mate,
I want receiver satellite side to run my multi lnb set up and iptv side to run Kodi

Andy_Hazza
14-01-19, 17:38
Stalker plugin is good for your IPTV needs. Great little box it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linsladeboy
16-01-19, 16:57
Thanks for that Andy.
Noticed box has had and is still having regular firmware updates from Octagon, should I wait a bit longer until all bugs are ironed out?

twol
16-01-19, 17:28
.............. providing there is nothing really seriously at issue with a receiver, I always think its good news that a dev team is still active on a receiver. When it goes dead quiet then you know that the box you have for good or bad is never going to change!

irfyd
16-01-19, 19:29
Had sf8008 for a while now. It's really good lil box does everything well. It's really good to see on going support for it. I have the new vu duo 4k and tbh I didn't really need it. My only gripe with sf8008 is channel changing you get few secs of slow motion before pic carries on. Pic quality is imo better than solo4k. Can't compare to duo4k as still needs updates.

ngc.ie
16-01-19, 23:09
All Good, I have the Sat, Terrestrial + IPTV also setup in the Bouquets with SULS working away no complaints.
I'm not a big Kodi user but sometimes I use the stalker portal then if I wanted for catch up features etc.

Chronicfathead
10-02-19, 22:33
Interesting that people are happy.

I'm struggling to work out how many programs can be simultaneously recorded.

I'm looking to replace an EE Freeview box. I have a Sky dish and need to get a replacement LNB.

Would you recommend this box?

Andy_Hazza
10-02-19, 22:47
The SF8008 is a fantastic box. Why do you need to replace your LNB? It only has 1x Terrestrial/Cable tuner & 1x Satellite tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronicfathead
11-02-19, 19:23
Hi.

When I had Sky, I had problems receiving certain channels, which stayed the same after trying a replacement box, so it's either cabling or LNB.

So I can only watch 1 program and record another?

I'm used to recording 4 at the same time, so it might be an issue. I'm sure I could record at least 3 at a time with Sky HD, with only two coax inputs?