PDA

View Full Version : VU+ with VIX 1.3, want DVB-T to work

stu_iow
03-02-11, 16:40
Hi there,

AS above, i have a VU+ Duo with VIX 1.3 as the image.

Got myself a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD USB Dual DVB-T Tuner and i want the 2 to work together nicely.

Plugged it in and it isn't showing anywhere.
Is there a process or something i need to do to get it to show, then to scan, or is it simply not supported with this image or at all yet?

All the best,
stuart

Sicilian
03-02-11, 16:43
Hi there,

Got myself a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-TD USB Dual DVB-T Tuner and i want the 2 to work together nicely.

Is there a process or something i need to do to get it to show, then to scan, or is it simply not supported with this image or at all yet?

All the best,
stuart

Not in ViX 1.3, but will work in next ViX release, wont be too long ;)

stu_iow
03-02-11, 16:46
ah nice one, i will be patient :)
BTW, is this the main VIX hang on/support forum? SO many forums for vu+ and digtal tv out there, wondering which one to call home. :)

Sicilian
03-02-11, 16:49
BTW, is this the main VIX hang on/support forum? SO many forums for vu+ and digtal tv out there, wondering which one to call home. :)

This IS the official home of the ViX Team and vuplus-support.co.uk ;)

pooface
03-02-11, 16:52

lol, Sic beating me to it everytime...

But yes, look at the banner at the top. "Home of the VIX team" ;)

dfdream
03-02-11, 17:33
Stu,

I have the same setup as you describe. Have the Nova-t tuner working perfectly with the box.
Im currently on PLi 2.0 until the Vix 1.4 (I miss Vix).

If DVB-t is important to you try PLi until the update is available.
It will give you a heads up how it works ahead of VIX 1.4.

D

Hi there,

All the best,
stuart

stu_iow
03-02-11, 19:59
Nah, i will stick with VIX. Tho even though there are only 2 of us, i am finding 2 tuners quite restrictive already! (she watches crap, while recording crap and i watch good stuff on the PC).

Will 1.4 support USB dvb-s tuners too? I think i will add another satellite tuner as well as the DVB-T tuner. (as long as the box can take it).

guzz46
04-02-11, 02:25
Not in ViX 1.3, but will work in next ViX release, wont be too long ;)

Any idea on which tuners will be supported? just the Nova-TD or others like the Hauppauge Ministick HD

silverfox0786
04-02-11, 02:47
there are a few in development and testing most popular ones to start like nova-t then we shall see what ones to add as we go along

bluepeter
05-02-11, 14:47
there are a few in development and testing most popular ones to start like nova-t then we shall see what ones to add as we go along

Will all version of the WinTV Nova-T Stick work with Vix 1.4? ....my model number is 1132, there are a few SD version all called Nova T

silverfox0786
05-02-11, 16:15
Will all version of the WinTV Nova-T Stick work with Vix 1.4? ....my model number is 1132, there are a few SD version all called Nova T

so far noly a few have been tsted but so far we have seen that nova t uses a universal driver so all should work

bluepeter
05-02-11, 16:31
so far noly a few have been tsted but so far we have seen that nova t uses a universal driver so all should work

Thanks for the speedy reply - sounding good then ;)