PDA

View Full Version : Radio button doesn't work correctly

SkyFan
08-01-19, 11:51
I bought this device mainly for recording radio stations. It was my understanding that the Vix software would be the same as on the VU+ Duo 2. It seems to look the same however if I press the down arrow on the remote I then see a list of channels. Normally on a VU+ Duo 2 I would then press the Radio button and it would show a list of just Radio stations with it's own "Radio Stations" menu. However on the Tiviar Alpha+ nothing happens when I press the radio button.

I then looked at Providers > BSkyB and it shows a list of all TV & Radio channels in alphabetical order but all mixed together. If I press the Radio button on that then it takes me to position 656 on the list of channels which is BBC R2 which is about three quarters of the way down the list. All the radio channels are grouped there and there's more TV channel below them.

I'm using the Vix Tiviar Alpha+ 5.2.022 image.

How do I get a proper Radio Channels list like on the VU+ Duo 2?

Andy_Hazza
08-01-19, 12:14
The Tiviar doesn’t have a specific radio button like the Vu+ remote/receivers.
Maybe look on WebIf to see if you can locate the radio channels easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 09:04
Attach a picture of your remote.

Enable debug logs. Restart to activate them. Press the Radio or TV button. Do this a few times. Upload your debug log.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 09:22
The remote has a TV/Radio button on second row from bottom.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 09:28
Can you also upload your lamedb and radio bouquets file please? You will need to zip them first. You will find the files in /etc/enigma2 The radio bouquets have files ending in .radio

SkyFan
09-01-19, 09:52
Files attached. There's no TV button on the remote. There's a combined TV/Radio button. However there IS a TV button at the top but I assume that's for controlling the TV and not the receiver. Regardless I did what you said then I pressed that TV button as well.

The remote control pictured is what came with my receiver.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 10:19
What happens when you select the button using the webif remote. You will have to expand the remote to see all the buttons.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 10:36
There is something wrong with your bouquets.

Stop Enigma2 with "init 4" command using putty
Unzip and transfer these files back to /etc/enigma2 (Overwrite any existing files when prompted)
Restart with "init 3"

SkyFan
09-01-19, 10:38
I can't even read the text on the remote buttons that appears in Webif. Here's the remote that appears in Webif. Note that it's different than the remote that came with the receiver that I posted earlier. I can't even find it in Google images. The remote that I received with my receiver is all I can see in Google Images.

I clicked on all the buttons on the remote in Webif but most of them do nothing. There's no Radio button that I can see. The volume buttons work!

SkyFan
09-01-19, 10:49

Unzip and transfer these files back to /etc/enigma2 (Overwrite any existing files when prompted)
Restart with "init 3"

I don't know what putty is. How do I use it?

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 10:51
Link to guide is in my signature. Click on link. Ask if guide is not clear enough. Be specific as to what is not clear and what stage you are at.

SkyFan
09-01-19, 11:01
How do I connect to my box with Putty? Never mind. I noticed the instructions on the bottom of your page.

Huevos
09-01-19, 11:08
Enter the IP of your box, ssh, port 22 and press open. This will get you to the command line of your receiver.

SkyFan
09-01-19, 11:16

Restart with "init 3"

OK. I've done all that. What do I do now?

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 11:18
There was an issue with your bouquets, I have given you different radio bouquet files. Please test the issue again.

SkyFan
09-01-19, 11:31
Is there something specific you want me to do?

I'm watching a TV channel then I press the TV/Radio button. It shows a list of bouquet categories such as Entertainment, News, etc. There's no radio bouquet.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 11:37
Are you sure you transfer of files completed and was to correct location?

Does it not toggle between radio and TV bouquets?
Do you see the skyfan radio bouquet?

Sicilian
09-01-19, 11:50
Its a driver bug, work around as follows:

Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup > Press 'TV/Radio' button on your remote > Navigate to infobar and press ok > Select 'Switch to Radio mode' and press ok > Also select 'Switch to TV Mode' and press ok. This will asign two functions to the button. Press Green to save.

Now pressing TV/Radio button will ask you what mode you want to switch too.

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 11:52
I have arranged for the webif remote to be updated too. It ships with two remotes. Change will be in two Vix images as the next one is already underway.

SkyFan
09-01-19, 12:00
Thank you both for your help. It's working now after changing the button setup.
I now have a list of radio channels and also a Skyfan radio channels bouquet which has just the radio channels I chose. Was that from my custom ABM bouquet I created or did you guys create that bouquet for me? If you did, how do I edit it to add more radio stations?

abu baniaz
09-01-19, 12:09
I created the bouquet for you. There are several ways to edit your bouquets. If it is the odd channel, just copy/move it with your remote. If it's lots of services, use a settings editor like e-channelizer or the function in openwebif.