PDA

View Full Version : [Formuler F1] tune failed

kokojnr
07-01-19, 19:58
please anyone able to help? seems receiver tuner has gone bad.

I have flashed without settings restore, connected another receiver to same signal wire and it works ok, hence it isnt the wire.

Attached images are the tuner settings

cactikid
07-01-19, 20:49
I thought you were on an older image but will ask what version is your abm as you might have to delete it and reinstall from plugins feed.

abu baniaz
07-01-19, 21:54
What were your tests on the other receiver?

Is the LNB a sky quad LNB. If so, did you have two receivers (switched on) connected to the LNB?

kokojnr
07-01-19, 22:43
What were your tests on the other receiver?

Is the LNB a sky quad LNB. If so, did you have two receivers (switched on) connected to the LNB?Yes it's sky multi room connection, one receiver in the lounge the other in the room.

The formuler belongs to my friend, he had the problem so i asked he bring it over to mine to check.

I disconnected one of my receiver and then connected the formuler, tune failed.

I reconnected my receiver and my receiver works ok.

abu baniaz
07-01-19, 22:58
Did you connect signal wires to both tuners on the formuler?

cactikid
07-01-19, 23:26
Do you have sky q?

kokojnr
07-01-19, 23:29
Did you connect signal wires to both tuners on the formuler?Yes I did connect both wires

kokojnr
07-01-19, 23:30
Do you have sky q?No I don't have sky Q

cactikid
08-01-19, 00:48
When you connect up your box to feed is it set to 28.2 and not another sat ,some people move the dish to point to another sat.
Can the other box run a non abm scan to see if it finds channels on that sat.

abu baniaz
08-01-19, 08:47
Some Sky quad LNBs have a weird fault. It only exhibits itself when two receivers are connected. To rule this out, power off the other receivers at the mains, connect the formuler to the same wires as the official receiver. In tuner configuration, set both tuners to automatic. If they both succeed, then the tuners are fine.

kokojnr
08-01-19, 08:58
Some Sky quad LNBs have a weird fault. It only exhibits itself when two receivers are connected. To rule this out, power off the other receivers at the mains, connect the formuler to the same wires as the official receiver. In tuner configuration, set both tuners to automatic. If they both succeed, then the tuners are fine.I will try this later this evening and update here.

My current set up:

Sky quad LNB with sky dish, signal wires terminate in lounge and bedroom.

I use Triviar Alpha in lounge and edision os mega in bedroom (official receiver is decommissioned)

Both receivers work simultaneously without problem.

It's only my friends formuler receiver that is having this tune failed issue when connected to the signal wire in both mine and his house.

kokojnr
08-01-19, 09:00
When you connect up your box to feed is it set to 28.2 and not another sat ,some people move the dish to point to another sat.
Can the other box run a non abm scan to see if it finds channels on that sat.The dish hasn't been moved, if at all I moved it, I guess the other receivers will have same problem ?

I will try a non ABM scan tonight when I get back from and update here.

abu baniaz
08-01-19, 09:03
I will try a non ABM scan tonight when I get back from and update here.
Make sure you try one tuner at a time.

Both receivers work simultaneously without problem.

Are you certain the particular port of LNB is used/activated? Sometimes they fail on a particular quadrant of spectrum. May be an idea to test with the cable that you are using on tuner A and confirmed to be working to avoid the messing around with other receiver.

kokojnr
11-01-19, 00:07
Seems to be problem with ABM, uninstalled then reinstalled and tuners working again

PedroEll
11-01-19, 15:12
Seems to be problem with ABM, uninstalled then reinstalled and tuners working again

I have similar problem with OS Mega all started a few months back solved most from advise here but annoying thing is Im missing 3 channels, "no tune" , I have now got new setup , new ,bigger dish,universal quad LNB , but , three that I watch are gone ,Blaze,Travel ,Food Network , really doing my head in ,,if anyone can help.. If It helps I had lots more "Missing" but uninstalled ABM and reinstalled ,done trick .
Also when trying to do blind scan , it will say tuner nor configured correctly ,, noticed that in "set up " the top range is set for 1275mhz but when I get scan going , in the top of page its says 1175mhz ,, is this just a typo or actual limit ,, glitch with my machine or Vix? running 5.1 ,,, Cheers in advance

Andy_Hazza
11-01-19, 15:45
I have similar problem with OS Mega all started a few months back solved most from advise here but annoying thing is Im missing 3 channels, "no tune" , I have now got new setup , new ,bigger dish,universal quad LNB , but , three that I watch are gone ,Blaze,Travel ,Food Network , really doing my head in ,,if anyone can help.. If It helps I had lots more "Missing" but uninstalled ABM and reinstalled ,done trick .
Also when trying to do blind scan , it will say tuner nor configured correctly ,, noticed that in "set up " the top range is set for 1275mhz but when I get scan going , in the top of page its says 1175mhz ,, is this just a typo or actual limit ,, glitch with my machine or Vix? running 5.1 ,,, Cheers in advance

Try flashing your OS Mega to latest ViX image.

Can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images-2/edision-os-mega/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PedroEll
13-01-19, 12:20
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;479931]Try flashing your OS Mega to latest ViX image.

Can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images-2/edision-os-mega/

Thanks for Reply ,,, I have latest firmware installed , still problem persists ,I have noticed that in "Plugins" there is no ABM or EXTREME Icon after flashing and ABM is not in list of available plugins, ,even though they both seem to be working, (I have bouquet's and EPG )
I am 99% sure its a ABM glitch , so am going to try uninstall /install ABM fresh ,, using advise from "https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?56797-ABM-standlalone-installation" and go from there.

Andy_Hazza
13-01-19, 13:12
ABM is already pre-installed with all ViX images so why are you trying to install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk