PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Recordings to Windows PC

Cougar
03-02-11, 12:18
Hi Guys
Does anyone know the fastest way to Transfer a recorded file from the Duo HD to a windows based pc system.
FTP is very slow especially when the file is 12 GB.
I've also tried to connect an external USB drive and 'Move' the recording over, but this is also very slow.

psionguy
03-02-11, 13:40
Hi Guys
Does anyone know the fastest way to Transfer a recorded file from the Duo HD to a windows based pc system.
FTP is very slow especially when the file is 12 GB.
I've also tried to connect an external USB drive and 'Move' the recording over, but this is also very slow.

Have you tried using VU+ web control, not sure if it will be any quicker but worth a try, although suspect the external drive may be the problem.

Open up web contol, click on movies (will display all your recorded media) and then click on the download icon.

Lewiscc
03-02-11, 15:26
FTP is as quick as you'll get cougar ........ what's the rush ?? .... lol

sivhead
03-02-11, 16:28
If you are on the same network connected all the time you dont need to copy it you can just watch it from a mapped drive or from network places.

sivhead
03-02-11, 17:15
I would take a guess that your link speed on your PC is set to autonegotiate. I would also take another guess that the ISP is auto negotiating with your router at 10mb. So when your VU connects to your pc its also connecting at 10mb.

I have a lot of assumptions and guesses going on here

As a test (if you have a cross over cable)...
configuring your VU+ Duo with a static IP address.
Configure the link speed of the NIC on your PC from auto to 100mb Full.

(to do this )
Start > Run > sysdm.cpl
Select the Hardware tab > Device Manager
Expand network Adapters
Right Click the Local LAN and select properties
From the advanced tab select "Speed and Duplex"
change form auto to 100mbfull duplex.

reboot your workstation. reboot your VU+duo
Click start run > ftp://new.ip.add.ress
enter your vu plus duo username and password
browse to the hard drive and copy the files.
time if its any quicker..... mind you by the time you have done all the above you could have just sssllllllllooooowwwwllllyyyyy copied accross the usual way.

psionguy
04-02-11, 11:20
If you are on the same network connected all the time you dont need to copy it you can just watch it from a mapped drive or from network places.

I watch all my recorded files via the VU+ web control on my PC with VLC player as default, works perfectly including the HD films.

Cougar
08-02-11, 12:38
Thanks for all your help. Some very high quality posts, and all very useful methods. Thanks.

terrorman
08-02-11, 17:11
ftp or mount lan point