PDA

View Full Version : Can you have non-vix files in Vix Image on USB drive?

SkyFan
03-01-19, 22:13
When installing Vix you need to put the vuplus folder on a USB drive. If I have other personal files such as Word documents on the drive as well as the Vix image then will the receiver still detect the Vix image?

Can I have 2 partitions on the drive 1 for Vix and another for my personal files and will the receiver still detect the Vix image?

abu baniaz
03-01-19, 22:24
Presumably you are talking about a USB device for flashing. You can have other files on the USB flash drive. Not sure about partitions.

However, I would not flash by USB unless I had no choice. There are plenty of threads on the forum regarding flashing using Image Manger and Automatic full backup.

birdman
04-01-19, 02:42
Can I have 2 partitions on the drive 1 for Vix and another for my personal files and will the receiver still detect the Vix image?Not worth it.
The unzipped image file will create a top-level directory (named after the box hardware you have) so is self-contained hence there's no need to create a separate partition for it.

Trial
04-01-19, 09:22
Hi,
as said no need to have more partitions as long as the flash drive is FAT32 formated.

ciao

SkyFan
04-01-19, 10:15
Presumably you are talking about a USB device for flashing. You can have other files on the USB flash drive. Not sure about partitions.

However, I would not flash by USB unless I had no choice. There are plenty of threads on the forum regarding flashing using Image Manger and Automatic full backup.

What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems.

I tried searching for Image Manager but couldn't find any instructions. Do you have a link please? Does it allow you to flash via FTP?

twol
04-01-19, 10:51
What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems.

I tried searching for Image Manager but couldn't find any instructions. Do you have a link please? Does it allow you to flash via FTP?

"What's wrong with flashing by USB? I've done that for years without problems." - Nothings wrong - providing it works, for many people it doesn't..
ImageManager - menu/setup/Vix ------> Backup settings (green button) ------------> ImageManager, yellow button - download latest ViX image (red button to exit back to main menu), Blue button (Flash Image) - wait for receiver to be flashed and reboot.

Easy really,... perhaps it might work for you!

SkyFan
05-01-19, 01:59
Does the Backup Settings option create a backup image of Vix with all my settings?

abu baniaz
05-01-19, 02:15
settings backup creates s settings backup.

in image manager, there is an option to create an image backup.

link to video guides in my signature