PDA

View Full Version : Multiboot problem

pdw123
03-01-19, 12:43
Ive got a working OpenATV image on my HD51. I wanted to experiment with another image (VIX) so I flashed to use Startup2 and reboot. It boots as normal into OpenATV but I cannot use the multiboot option in the menu to select the other image - the box crashes. Ive looked in boot and Ive got the files Start_up to Start_up4. Ideally, I would like 2 images, without touching my exisiting ATV image. Is this possible? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

abu baniaz
03-01-19, 13:21
Your image/crashlog is well over 10 days old. Please update openATV image and try again.

twol
03-01-19, 13:37
That code hasn‘t been changed for several years ....
If you have Start_up to Start_up4 names in /boot then you have either renamed the startup files or the boot is corrupted, as they should be STARTUP, STARTUP_x where x is 1 ->4
If they are renamed, then rename them back! Otherwise reflash.

As OpenViX handles multiboot much better (with far more info regarding slot/image contents) I would flash ViX first and then use it to flash OpenATV into another slot.

pdw123
03-01-19, 14:59
Thank you - my apologies. The files are actually STARTUP, STARTUP_1, STARTUP_2, STARTUP_3, STARTUP_4.
Is there anyway to do it without reflashing over my OpenATV?

Ive done a software update anyway and attach new crash log

twol
03-01-19, 17:06
Without looking at the partitions on your receiver to see what is causing the error hard to fix your current OpenATV issue.
I would back up your ATV settings, so that you can reflash ATV at some stage and restore your settings.
As posted, if you managed to flash slot 2 with ViX then with filezilla copy /boot/STARTUP_2 to your PC and rename to STARTUP, then rename /boot/STARTUP to STARTUP_x (to save it) and filezilla back from your PC the new STARTUP file.
Reboot and it should load your OpenViX image.
Once you have the OpenViX image set up then to get back to the ATV image, long press the power button and then multiboot, select teh OpenATV image and it should reboot OpenATV .... if there are issues with the STARTUP files you should get a message to explain the issue.(depends on which ViX version you flashed)

pdw123
03-01-19, 17:40
You are a very clever person! It worked and that is exactly what I wanted. I can now have my ATV as a working image and experiment on Vix. Thank you very much indeed twol.

pdw123
03-01-19, 17:53
Ive just tried a reboot again and it booted automatically into the ATV image. Do I have to rename the startup files each time?

twol
03-01-19, 17:54
Until you fix your ATV image yes

pdw123
03-01-19, 17:57
Ah, that explains it. Thanks again.