PDA

View Full Version : VU+ DUO 4K Tuners

Black Coral
28-12-18, 15:31
Hi

I recently upgraded my aging VU+ Duo box to the new DUO 4K and its a massive upgrade :thumbsup:

I have a couple of questions regarding tuners. Box was ordered with a single DVB-S/S2/S2X FBC which is working very well on FreeSat

I'm looking to add secondary cable tuner but can't work out which one I should be ordering from the WOS site as none specially call out any support for Duo 4K
, my choices are:

VU+ DVB-C FBC Tuner Uno 4K / Ultimo 4K
VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner

Over at VUPlus.com (http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0112.php) they call out support for both FBC tuners but not the hybrid tuner

FBC DVB-C
FBC DVB-C V2

Should I be getting the V2 or non V2 version, and any differences between them?

As for the DVB-C tuners they look to have COAX connectors whereas my existing cable is using F-Type. Is it simply a matter of using a COAX to F-Type converter?

Also read about driver issues with Cable on 4K box has this been resolved?

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
28-12-18, 16:33
Hi

I recently upgraded my aging VU+ Duo box to the new DUO 4K and its a massive upgrade :thumbsup:

I have a couple of questions regarding tuners. Box was ordered with a single DVB-S/S2/S2X FBC which is working very well on FreeSat

I'm looking to add secondary cable tuner but can't work out which one I should be ordering from the WOS site as none specially call out any support for Duo 4K
, my choices are:

VU+ DVB-C FBC Tuner Uno 4K / Ultimo 4K
VU+ Hybrid Dual / Twin 2x DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner

Over at VUPlus.com (http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0112.php) they call out support for both FBC tuners but not the hybrid tuner

FBC DVB-C
FBC DVB-C V2

Should I be getting the V2 or non V2 version, and any differences between them?

As for the DVB-C tuners they look to have COAX connectors whereas my existing cable is using F-Type. Is it simply a matter of using a COAX to F-Type converter?

Also read about driver issues with Cable on 4K box has this been resolved?

Thanks

With FBC-C tuner you are restricted to just cable, whereas the Hybrid Twin C/T/T2 lets you do both cable or terrestrial. Yeah a Coax to F-connector converter is fine. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk