PDA

View Full Version : Unable to mount NAS Drive

micscave
17-12-18, 18:51
This problem suddenly happened about 3 weeks ago, one day my NAS drive was mounted and working fine and the next day it was un-mounted and wouldn’t reconnect.

My set up is a Ultimo 4K as my main receiver and acting as a host to an Ultimo and a Solo 2 slave receivers in Client Mode & all on the latest VIX 5.2.019 image.

All 3 boxes had the NAS drive mounted but then it was unmounted from the Ultimo 4K one morning about 3 weeks ago.

It was still mounted to the other 2 receivers.

I reflashed the Ultimo 4K without saving settings and it still wouldn’t mount even though after searching for it in Network Browser and expanding it and it showing as mounted, I couldn’t connect to it and kept getting the message directory doesn’t exist.

I’ve since reflashed and before loading or setting up the receiver apart from installing NFS and Samba, Network Browser finds the drive but won’t expand it.

Both other boxes find the drive and can expand it no problem.

Any ideas welcome.

twol
17-12-18, 18:54
Is it an NFS mount and the 4K has changed its IP address??

micscave
17-12-18, 19:01
Hi twol

It was a CIFS mount which is the same as the other 2 boxes.

cactikid
17-12-18, 22:39
I too have lost my nas from mounts,what i did last time was to reboot it and it was seen again with a new ip when i scanned my networks.

micscave
21-12-18, 19:40
Hi cactikid

I've tried this but it's not the problem, I can see the drive on the network but can't expand it on the Ultimo 4K but can on my Solo 2 and Ultimo.

I've tried installing openATV, Blackhole and Vu+ images and the result is still the same, the Ultimo 4K can see the drive but not expand it.

Any more ideas welcome as it's driving me mad.

Regards

ccs
21-12-18, 19:43
I don't know whether it's an option, but maybe you are trying to mount the nas exclusively, but the other 2 boxes already have access?

Does it work if the other 2 boxes are powered off?

Any clues in this thread.....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59163-Unable-to-automount-NAS-shares-anymore&p=468117&viewfull=1#post468117

micscave
22-12-18, 17:39
Sorted now, for some reason I now have to issue a user name and password on the Ultimo 4K to the NAS driven

Never used to have to and still don’t on the other 2 boxes, weird but happy now as it’s been driving me bonkers for a month.

Thanks for the replies.

ccs
22-12-18, 17:46
Versions of samba and nfs often depend on which unix kernels are being used.

This will also almost certainly include your NAS, which, if like mine, will get regular updates as well.

So a mismatch may well have occurred.

micscave
22-12-18, 18:16
Versions of samba and nfs often depend on which unix kernels are being used.

This will also almost certainly include your NAS, which, if like mine, will get regular updates as well.

So a mismatch may well have occurred.

I think you’re right, I’ll know to check it out next time, cheers mate.