PDA

View Full Version : Wifi dongle issue

linsladeboy
16-12-18, 14:04
I am hoping someone can help with issue regarding usb wifi dongle (it's a netis bought from shop here)
For some reason this receiver does not recognise it, can only connect to router when hardwired.
Wifi settings on receiver menu getting message "no wifi device"
Dongle works fine on technomate nano, so don't think that's the problem. Receiver is patched with cam settings firmware downloaded from this forum.

birdman
16-12-18, 14:16
Did you install any specific drivers for this on the Technomate?

linsladeboy
16-12-18, 17:51
Did you install any specific drivers for this on the Technomate?

Hi birdman, no drivers used on technomate, box recognised it straight away.
Technomate has VIX image installed,would that make a difference?

cactikid
16-12-18, 18:04
Any time i used a usb tuner i would have to download the correct driver for it to be seen and work.Some boxes only work with supported devices.

linsladeboy
16-12-18, 19:00
Any time i used a usb tuner i would have to download the correct driver for it to be seen and work.Some boxes only work with supported devices.

Hi mate, this is a USB wifi dongle, just presumed it would work on all receivers since it operates fine on technomate.
I wanted to use box in bedroom, nevermind , suppose I'll have to invest in more home plugs, lol

ccs
16-12-18, 19:54
You need to find out which driver it uses, and download it.

Only a few usb wifi drivers are installed by default, and it appears your box simply hasn't got it.

When the dongle if fitted to the technomate nano, the telnet command dmesg on should show you which wifi driver is being used.

ccs
16-12-18, 20:26
Couldn't edit previous post in time, last line should read.....

When the dongle is fitted to the technomate nano, the telnet command dmesg should show you which wifi driver is being used.

linsladeboy
16-12-18, 21:12
Ok, thanks.

birdman
17-12-18, 02:15
When the dongle is fitted to the technomate nano, the telnet command dmesg should show you which wifi driver is being used.lsmod will show the loaded drivers, from which it should be possible to work out which is a Wifi chipset driver.

birdman
17-12-18, 02:16
Hi birdman, no drivers used on technomate, box recognised it straight away.
Technomate has VIX image installed,would that make a difference?Well, yes....

Sicilian
17-12-18, 06:58
Alpha X is not an E2 box.

These will work with the Alpha X: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-WiFi/ocatgon-wl008-mag-stb-box-enigma2-usb-150mbps-wifi

linsladeboy
18-12-18, 11:55
Alpha X is not an E2 box.

These will work with the Alpha X: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-WiFi/ocatgon-wl008-mag-stb-box-enigma2-usb-150mbps-wifi

Grazie mille!