PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue UE 4K

bluepassat
11-12-18, 21:05
can i ask does the Gigablue UE 4K allow use of a internal 2.5 harddrive?

will kodi and the stalker plugins work

and whats the benefit of FBC satellite tuners

and how does mulistream work

thanks

blue

Willo3092
11-12-18, 21:22
I know it will take a 2.5 internal hdd and that Kodi works okay but I only use it to scrape movies and TV series on my NAS.
FBC tuner in conjunction with a unicable lnb will give you the equivalent of 8 conventional tuners.
Don't know about stalker or multistream, sorry.

bluepassat
11-12-18, 21:42
thanks i was looking at the mutant HD51 and OCTAGON SF8008 but been advised this is faster and better quality box and better remote

i only have a fixed dish at 28.2 only found out fbc tuner stands for (full band capture)

blue

Sicilian
12-12-18, 08:07
can i ask does the Gigablue UE 4K allow use of a internal 2.5 harddrive?

will kodi and the stalker plugins work

and whats the benefit of FBC satellite tuners

and how does mulistream work

thanks

blue

Yes has internal 2.5" HDD facility.
Kodi plugin works.
FBC allows you to watch and record more channels. If you use a Unicable LNB it will be like having 8 tuners.]
Multi-Stream works with the extra plug and play satellite tuners, multi-stream is only for certain channels on satellites like 5west. Has no significance for Astra 28.2.

You don't need stalker to use IPTV tv. Others here can provide more info on using IPTV on e2 boxes.

Great spec receiver imo with an excellent quality remote.

Andy_Hazza
12-12-18, 09:41
Stalker isn’t available for the Giga UE 4K to my knowledge.
The SF8008 is a great little box, restricted to just 1x Sat and 1x Cable/Terrestrial tuner though.
You could use an SD card for your storage needs instead of an external HDD as long you don’t use it for multiboot.
It does have hardware Kodi and Stalker. With Stalker it allows you to pause IPTV as well, something you can’t do on e2 using ViX.

But the Giga is still an excellent receiver, all depends on your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
12-12-18, 11:08
@Bluepassat - Sicilian & Andy have given a good answer for both the Giga4K and the SF8008 - I have both and both are really good at what they do, but as Andy says "it depends on your needs"

Ojustaboo
12-12-18, 23:35
Set up my new Gigablue UE 4K this afternoon, I love it, it's awesome. (There's tons of room for any thickness 2.5" inside)

I also would have been completely lost setting up the FBC tuners without this site.

Thanks

Glenn2
28-01-19, 15:56
Kodi plugin works.

....and that Kodi works okay...

Where can I find Kodi? Couldn't see it in the plugins. Cheers.

twol
28-01-19, 16:06
Where can I find Kodi? Couldn't see it in the plugins. Cheers.

plugin feeds /extensions/Kodi

Glenn2
29-01-19, 15:15
plugin feeds /extensions/Kodi

Ah - it's only in the 5.2 feeds and I'm using 5.1 as it works much better (on my box anyway).