PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Crashed and unstopable GUI-loop

Toja60
11-12-18, 11:16
Changed channel and then crashed, loop of GUI-restart.

Ref: 1544522579.46 mailed.

Forgot that I had to cut the Power to end the loop, after Cold-boot all seems to be OK for now.

Cheers!

bellejt
11-12-18, 11:21
noticed same here on both duo2 boxes yesterday.After hard reboot all fine and observing.Thought it was a problem with EPG.

abu baniaz
11-12-18, 14:35
I don't think anyone reads those crash log emails. You need to attach them to the forum.

Toja60
11-12-18, 17:15
OK, I will attach the file here, so it might be helpful :)

bellejt
11-12-18, 19:00
logs where not enabled and hard reboot so no logs saved

birdman
11-12-18, 19:29
OK, I will attach the file here, so it might be helpful :)It's got a SIGSEGV in the eventData destructor (eventData::~eventData()).
Not sure how helpful that may be...

icemanv3
11-12-18, 20:51
+1 for crashes on duo2 at the minute on 5.2.018, I have seen a crash when using client mode, main box dies and only way to recover is power cycle. No idea if its related.

mainbox duo2, clientbox = duo

artful
12-12-18, 10:44
I have a Solo4K and an older Solo2, both running the latest Openvix, and yesterday the Solo2 was frozen in standby and now just loops starting the GUI. I've tried everything, removing power and reflashing from usb (front and rear with different flash drives used previously) but it won't acknowledge the usb sticks. I've usb flashed this box many times with major Openvix updates with the same usb sticks which work in my Solo4K so I'm wondering if it's a hardware failure. The EPG data is on the rear usb stick and it's got a 1TB internal hard drive. I bought this about 30 months ago from the sponsors. Has anyone any ideas ?

Andy_Hazza
12-12-18, 10:48
Take the usb out of the rear port if you are trying to flash via usb. Also can I ask why you are storing epg data to a usb when you have an internal HDD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artful
12-12-18, 11:08
Take the usb out of the rear port if you are trying to flash via usb. Also can I ask why you are storing epg data to a usb when you have an internal HDD?

I tried reflashing from the front usb with the rear one both in and out and it made no difference. I thought it was a good idea to have the EPG on the rear usb to avoid waking the hdd so would be faster. Is that not the case ?

Andy_Hazza
12-12-18, 11:13
I tried reflashing from the front usb with the rear one both in and out and it made no difference. I thought it was a good idea to have the EPG on the rear usb to avoid waking the hdd so would be faster. Is that not the case ?

Storing the epg data to your HDD is fine, no need for epg on a usb. Can you still connect to the Solo2 via something like filezilla?

artful
12-12-18, 13:05
Storing the epg data to your HDD is fine, no need for epg on a usb. Can you still connect to the Solo2 via something like filezilla?

Yes, I can connect to the Solo2 for some of the time immediately after a reboot then after a few GUI loops the box freezes and I lose the connection.

I've always used filezilla to copy IPTV and VPN etc. settings files to the two boxes. This is the first problem I've had with either Vu+ receiver.

I got the Solo4K about a year ago after I got a 55" LG OLED 4K TV and moved the Solo2 to use in my study with a 42" LG 3D HD TV.

ccs
12-12-18, 13:52
Once you've got logged in with telnet/putty, type init 4

This will stop enigma. Then have a look at this thread to get debug logs....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

artful
12-12-18, 16:23
Once you've got logged in with telnet/putty, type init 4

This will stop enigma. Then have a look at this thread to get debug logs....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?40948-How-to-use-Putty-for-Unix-Linux-commands

Thanks all for the advice, as a last resort I tried an alternative 2GB usb stick and was able to reflash with the latest openvix and restore my latest backup and it's working fine. No idea what caused the problem.

Andy_Hazza
12-12-18, 16:42
Glad you are sorted. Remember to go into your EPG settings and store to your HDD, then you can get rid of the usb and use it for something else.

artful
12-12-18, 20:05
Glad you are sorted. Remember to go into your EPG settings and store to your HDD, then you can get rid of the usb and use it for something else.

Yes, I've done that but I'm not sure the usb caused the problem, it's operating quite normally now on satellite and IPTV channels.

ccs
12-12-18, 20:17
… remember that the "live" copy of the epg is stored in ram, and a copy is stored onto hdd at shutdown, and at intervals (usually a number of hours) that you can set.

artful
13-12-18, 12:18
Well I thought the box was back to normal but after all night in standby the problem repeated itself this morning so I had to re-flash and reload the settings backup which didn't take long but a nuisance.

I'm going to try not putting it into standby to see if that makes any difference.