PDA

View Full Version : Any HD skins that actually work?

witchy
02-02-11, 16:34
Every HD skin I've tried to use has eventually crashed my box, usually due to buttons not having been correctly mapped.

Does anyone know of any HD skins that work ok?

Sicilian
02-02-11, 16:35
I think only the default magic skin works at the moment or the skin in the dw image.

Rat
02-02-11, 21:20
HD skins wont work due to driver compatibilities,Im sure its promised for next release
soon
hmmmm

bassethound
02-02-11, 21:24
I dont think skins will be high on technomates long to do list for the tm800

as for next release?

witchy
02-02-11, 21:34
I'm jealous of all those sexy HD skins on the Vu+ boxes. :)

digidude
03-02-11, 09:29
its down to a driver not providing the full resolution. i did manually edit the brushed aluminium HD skin to fit the screen, it took me about 4 days on and off, and it looked crap, so i scrapped it

if you change skin using UR image, then pressing the yellow button to access plugins is an instant green screen, using any of the last 3 or 4 modified DW ones this is sorted and you can use any of the available SD skins

digidude
13-03-11, 15:39
All the latest images now support HD skins, but, carefull after downloading, as the skins are written for dreamboxes, meaning that some buttons are mapped differently, and crash the receiver when pressed.

To help solve these issues, please send any crashlogs to the address on the screen, or at the top of the crashlog itself

Sicilian
13-03-11, 15:40
The Pre-installed DM_Connincity skin is nice in the latest image.