PDA

View Full Version : Mutant HD51 Dead?

crossa
28-11-18, 18:01
Guys,
My Mutant hd51 crashed so i had to do a power cycle. When I've switched the power back on the only activity I've got is what sounds like the fan spinning.
Does anyone know if this would be a dead receiver or dead power supply?

cheers

twol
28-11-18, 18:09
Describe crashed! It had a failure and crash log or you had a power failure?
There is no fan.... guess its the internal disk??
I have done many bad things to my HD51 (including having a nearby lightning strike that took out a few pieces of equipment but not the HD51), so would be surprised if it was dead.
Try to reflash from usb.
Assuming an internal HDD, if the usb flash doesn‘t work, open up and remove the hdd and then reflash.

crossa
28-11-18, 18:31
twol, crashed as in black screen and box unresponsive (power button and remote not working). so did power cycle before cycle front display was on now wont boot, no display,
no light activity on ethernet port and it must be the hdd platter spinning. Would a dead hdd cause the receiver not to boot? its not trying to run a boot cycle theres nothing happening at all

twol
28-11-18, 19:18
Yep, dead hdd can cause that issue.
So remove and try to flash usb

Touch wood, even with the lightning strike I have never lost a receiver completely (did lose hdmi outputs on 2 receivers)

crossa
28-11-18, 19:43
removed hdd and still no activity :(

twol
28-11-18, 20:32
Just check your power connection into the transformer and out... sometimes its the most basic things when you are assuming the worst.
Unfortunately, usb flashing can fail for the most stupid reasons (eg usb3, more than 1 GB in size), not HD51 folder on USB stick.
Try again with the most basic usb stick you can find (format fat32) and let us know if you get anything on the display.
Its a pity the HD51 does not have an on/off switch.

crossa
28-11-18, 21:21
Hdd removed, usb with latest openvix on same usb ive always used holding stand by button to flash im still getting nothing at all on the display. Power brick has red light on it.

twol
28-11-18, 21:30
Hdd removed, usb with latest openvix on same usb ive always used holding stand by button to flash im still getting nothing at all on the display. Power brick has red light on it.
Disconnect everything bar the hdmi & usb stickin the front panel & .....if it doesn‘t work.....
Try a different stick!!
Lastly replace the bootloader via usb flash and then try to flash again

crossa
28-11-18, 21:38
Still nothing :( like i say the display is completely blank though does even show the mutant hd51 4k line before booting the image