PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Dreambox Control Center - Connection problem

nekrub2
27-11-18, 13:33
Dear all

Until yesterday I could use dreambox control center to have have access to my vu+solo2 image (and USB music store). However, when trying to connect DCC I get the following messages:

Checking network...
Telnet Connected
Connection failed!

It looks as if I had changed the username or the password. I thought I would still have the default values.

Strange enough WebIF works and I can make screenshots.

I have tried to restore the setting from 20 November, but it did not help.

Any clue how I could get DCC FTP up and running again?

Thanks for your hints
nekrub2

^^COMPASS^^
27-11-18, 15:39
If you aren't using DCC version 1.41, i would give it a go

timofee
27-11-18, 15:51
You could try right click, run as administrator.

There is a new DCC v2 version out. You could that as a fresh install to see if it flushes out the problem.

nekrub2
27-11-18, 16:41
Sorry did not work with running as admin.

Attach screenshot.

Must have something to do with the password. Will try to fiddle round.

Tough luck - thanks anyway
nekrub2

ccs
27-11-18, 17:00
Which username and password does OpenWebif work with?

nekrub2
27-11-18, 20:16
Hi

In the OpenwebIF Configuration I set the HTTP port to 00080 and the HTTP Authentication to no. I think with this setting it does not test the password.

Best regard
nekrub2

abu baniaz
27-11-18, 22:10
Which version of DCC are you using? There was another update to DCC today to fix a connection problem.

nekrub2
27-11-18, 23:34
Hi Abu

I orginially had V2.95 but installed today DCC-E2. On both of them I have the same trouble.

I heard that there will be a new V2 version soon. I will also try this one.

I wouldn't like to flash my box and building up everything from scratch. I'm scared that I will lose my MP3player database and cache files.

Best regards
nekrub2

Andy_Hazza
28-11-18, 05:53
Try something like Filezilla or FlashFXP for your ftp needs and something like PuTty for your telnet needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nekrub2
28-11-18, 22:24
Hi Andy

Tough luck: On Fizilla the same
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

It looks as if I had blocked my box from connecting to FTP. Do you know which settings I might have altered by error?
In the worst case remains only system flash with USB without reloading of anny settings.
Best regards
nekrub2

ccs
28-11-18, 22:29
Maybe menu/setup/network/password

nekrub2
29-11-18, 14:26
Sorry did not help.

wullboy
29-11-18, 14:32
Re-boot both router then box, get new ip address from box, then try to FTP in again, see if it connects

nekrub2
01-12-18, 21:53
Hi wollboy

Nice try - but no cigar. Did as suggested by you but did not help. Openif on port 80 (without request for login) works. However FTP does not.
This is what I get from FileZilla when using instead of FTP:// IP FTPS://

Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=8
Command: open "root@192.168.1.102" 21
Error: Network error: Connection refused

So there is a repose but the connection is refused.

adm
01-12-18, 22:20
Hi Andy

Tough luck: On Fizilla the same

It looks as if I had blocked my box from connecting to FTP. Do you know which settings I might have altered by error?
In the worst case remains only system flash with USB without reloading of anny settings.
Best regards
nekrub2

You get that message if FTP is not running on your box

Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Utilities -> Utilities

If the current status says stopped press geen to start it
Also enable autostart in the same screen

nekrub2
02-12-18, 11:30
Dear adm

As you suggested I have gone to Setup/ Network/Utilities/FTP and found that autostart is enabled but the current status is stopped.

However, clicking on the green botton did not start it. This is nasty. Does this mean that I have to reload the image via USB and do all the settings manually on the box?

Thanks for your help
nekrub2

Andy_Hazza
02-12-18, 11:36
I would personally setup from scratch, something a miss in your settings setup and I advise not to do a settings restore as you’ll just be back to square 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellejt
02-12-18, 11:49
as andy says reflash and check FTP running before installing anything else

adm
02-12-18, 14:26
Dear adm

As you suggested I have gone to Setup/ Network/Utilities/FTP and found that autostart is enabled but the current status is stopped.

However, clicking on the green botton did not start it. This is nasty. Does this mean that I have to reload the image via USB and do all the settings manually on the box?

Thanks for your help
nekrub2

Have you tried turning off at the mains plug (after first putting the box into deep standby) and leaving the box off for 60 seconds to let all internal power supply lines discharge before switching back on? Sometimes this complete cold boot can cure problems, especially after an image update.

birdman
02-12-18, 15:16
However, clicking on the green botton did not start it. This is nasty. Does this mean that I have to reload the image via USB and do all the settings manually on the box?I reckon looking at the debug log would be more likely to produce a result.
Although you'd probably do that via FTP, s a bit chicken-and-eggy...

You can look at the debug log from the Vix menu system:

Menu -> System -> Logs -> Log manager, ensure you are in Debug logs then View the chosen log.

nekrub2
04-12-18, 00:08
Dear all

Just flashed box with new image 5.2.017 and manually done all settings. Could start now network/utilities/FTP. And, finally, my FTP connections to DCC or FileZila work again. Will take me a while until all settings are really 100% how they should.
Anyway, thanks a lot folks for your support
nekrub2