PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] Upgrade Issue

BeoVision
26-11-18, 22:16
Evening guys, i have just tried updating my Vu Uno from 5.2.011 to the latest version however upon reboot its stuck on starting and I can’t get it past this point.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot or is a re-flash my quickest option?

abu baniaz
26-11-18, 23:05
If you start in console mode, it will show error. Guide in my signature if you need it.

BeoVision
27-11-18, 00:51
Thanks Abu, will let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoVision
27-11-18, 21:21
I just checked your guide and it mentions the use of putty, only problem I got is the box is not responding to a ping there I doubt I will be able to communicate with it. The red light is on the front along with the words “starting”. Do you think the box is knackered or will a reflash work?

abu baniaz
27-11-18, 21:31
Might have run out of space as we install several skins now. Or PSU has died.

Try a reflash.

BeoVision
28-11-18, 00:29
Reflash sorted it, once I restored from backup I had 15M flash available. My box has nothing extra installed on it apart from Sundek Control Panel & an extra skin. I removed the new skins which increased the flash to 20M, do you think this could have caused the crash?

twol
28-11-18, 09:18
You might just ensure that logs go to other than flash (setup, system, logs, settings) so that if there is a crash you can post the log.

Andy_Hazza
28-11-18, 13:40
Reflash sorted it, once I restored from backup I had 15M flash available. My box has nothing extra installed on it apart from Sundek Control Panel & an extra skin. I removed the new skins which increased the flash to 20M, do you think this could have caused the crash?

Do you have a swap file enabled on this receiver? Would help if you did imo.

BeoVision
28-11-18, 14:03
Hi Andy, yes I have a 256MB swap on the hard disk configured