PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Correct Tuner setup?

derekoh
26-11-18, 15:10
Just wanting to check I've got my tuners setup ok.

I'm in the UK and using Freesat.

I've got a Vu+ Solo2, which the two inputs connected to my (ex) Sky dish.

One Tuner is setup as:

Config Mode: Simple
Mode: Single
Sat: Astra 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Send diseqc: No
Force legacy signal status: no

The other tuner is setup as:

Equal to Tuner A

Is Tuner B setup correctly, or should I be setting it up itself as with Tuner A?

Thanks

spanner123
26-11-18, 16:06
Set it the same as tuner A (not equal to)

derekoh
26-11-18, 16:07
Thanks. Out of curiosity - what's the difference between using the same settings and "Equal to Tuner A"?

spanner123
26-11-18, 16:23
Thanks. Out of curiosity - what's the difference between using the same settings and "Equal to Tuner A"?

Not sure to be honest as have never used it!

abu baniaz
26-11-18, 21:18
"equal to" means exactly what it says on the tin.

nekrub2
27-11-18, 13:45
My setting look like this

Dish connected to Tuner B (see instruction of VU+ solo2)
Tuner config / Tuner setup:
Tuner A Loop throiugh from Tuner B
Tuner B: Configuration Mode Simple, Mode Diseq A/B, PortA 13.0E HB, Port B 19.2 Astra, set voltage and 22KHZ yes, Send DiSEQC only on sat change no, Force legacy segnal stats no

If you have one dish with two heads and a DiseqC , the setting analogue to mine would apply. If you only have one head, the mode is Single.

Hope this helps you
nekrub2

bellejt
27-11-18, 17:20
I never use equal to or something like that.If you have cables to every input just use single settings and setup every tuner input as independant.Never problems with recordings.In supplement you can choose prefered tuner for recordings.

abu baniaz
27-11-18, 20:20
The golden rule is that the tuner configuration must match what is attached to the tuner.

For simplicity, set up each tuner manually.

The "equal to" is there so people with complicated setups do not have to redo everything. Can you imagine setting up 64 LNBs on Tuner A, then doing the same for tuner B and then tuner C when they are identical.