PDA

View Full Version : Discrete power IR codes?

derekoh
24-11-18, 17:43
I've just got a Vu+ Solo2 and am loving it so far.
One slightly annoying thing is that my Harmony is sometimes getting confused as the Solo2 seems to use a single power button for on/off.
Are there discrete codes for on & off at all?
Thanks

Trial
24-11-18, 19:27
Hi,
no. But there is a trick for Harmony.

Go to device settingsm, power options, switch VU+ off if not used, device has 2 button for on/off. Now you can create sequences which are used while powering activities on and off.

For on create:
exit, exit, menu, up, ok, ok

And for off create:
blue, power toggle, exit

This works for me for more than 3 years now. Depending on the used image these sequences might be slightly different.

Ralf

derekoh
24-11-18, 21:32
Thanks for responding.

This isn't working for me. I'm running OpenViX 5.2.013 (2018-11-14)

I tried those sequences manually and no joy. For power-off, what does the blue/power toggle/exit actually do? Any likewise for power on?

Thanks

ccs
24-11-18, 22:23
I've just got a Vu+ Solo2 and am loving it so far.
One slightly annoying thing is that my Harmony is sometimes getting confused as the Solo2 seems to use a single power button for on/off.
Are there discrete codes for on & off at all?
ThanksI always setup activities with all devices defined as already switched on, so changing activities doesn't attempt to power toggle anything.

I then power on/off what I need, when I need it, and rely on ViX to put the box into deep standby if I'm not around to do it.

derekoh
24-11-18, 22:33
Thanks, but I try to avoid doing that as I've run into problems before (mostly when I'm away and my wife is trying to watch TV - not a good move I can tell you!)

I'll try using HDMI CEC and see if I can get the TV to turn the Vu+ on and off instead.

ccs
24-11-18, 22:35
Thanks, but I try to avoid doing that as I've run into problems before (mostly when I'm away and my wife is trying to watch TV - not a good move I can tell you!)

I'll try using HDMI CEC and see if I can get the TV to turn the Vu+ on and off instead.You'll probably have guessed that I don't use HDMI CEC either.:)

I do switch hdmi inputs when changing activities.

Trial
25-11-18, 09:32
Hi,
my sequences where switched. on is off and off is one. They are definitively working as I am using them on 5 VUs with openViX. Perhaps the sequences must be adjusted a bit for your setup. Here are some explanations:

off:
menu, up, OK and OK whould open menu with up go to the power menu and OK and OK shoudl enable standby. If your menu is a bit different you must change the sequence.
on
blue open the plugin menu on my STBs and there the power toggle command has no effect and exit closes the plugin list. So open plugin menu and press power toggle. If your STB switches off now you must find a different popup menu which does not react on power toggle.

ciao

ciao