PDA

View Full Version : VU Ultimoto 4 tuners help

loopy123
24-11-18, 13:52
Hi there,

I am looking for some help/advice about using my dual tuner that i have just purchased. I have a VU Ultimoto box and i have tuner A to 28.2, tuner B to 13, tuner c to 19 and tuner D 19. What i was hoping to do was when the box in a different room is on client mode on tuner c my tuner d is not kicking in. tuner a and b are on single tuners and tuner c and d are on a dual tuner in slot c. When i had 3 single tuners i used to have b and c on spanish and it worked okay,so it doesnt appear to be working as a dual tuner. can anyone explain why tuner d will not kick in even though it seems to be pulling a signal on the sat finder. where am i going wrong? apologies for the long post. Any help much appreciated.

Loopy

twol
24-11-18, 14:05
Don't forget you lose a tuner on the server box to support the C/S mode.... so maybe that's where the tuner has gone.
When the client receiver is running (even in Standby) you should see a red recording signal on the display.

loopy123
24-11-18, 14:21
Thanks for your reply, thats why i got a dual tuner so that when 19 degrees is on in one room there is a free tuner to watch in the other room, when i only had 3 tuners 2 were set to 19 degrees and one to 28.2 and this worked perfectly fine i bought the extra so i could have 13 degrees working alongside also. i cannot understand why with the extra tuner it makes no difference. i understand being in client mode as the other box always was when using the three tuners.

twol
24-11-18, 14:31
So when running in C/S, the client box cannot pick up a tuner or ?

loopy123
24-11-18, 14:38
No tuner d is not kicking in. the dual tuner seems to be working as a single and not a dual. i am stumped and thinking it may be best to return it and continue as i was before. do you think it could be a faulty tuner... it does pull a signal on the sat finder. could i configure any differently or maybe put a loop through. at the moment it is only working as a single tuner and not dual.

abu baniaz
24-11-18, 14:48
Is this an "ultimo 4k" or "ultimo"?

loopy123
24-11-18, 14:51
it is an ultimo

abu baniaz
24-11-18, 14:52
In which "tuner slot" is each "tuner card".

Please answer in following manner:

Tuner slot A - Single DVB-S tuner card
Tuner slot B- Single DVB-S tuner card
Tuner slot C- Twin DVB-S tuner card

loopy123
24-11-18, 14:55
even though it pulls a signal on sat finder, when i do an auto bouquet update it fails because of tuner d

loopy123
24-11-18, 14:58
that is how it is set up

abu baniaz
24-11-18, 15:04
that is how it is set up

I do not understand what you mean.

even though it pulls a signal on sat finder, when i do an auto bouquet update it fails because of tuner d
Sorry, this is irrelevant at this point in time.

loopy123
24-11-18, 15:12
Tuner slot A - Single DVB-S tuner card
Tuner slot B- Single DVB-S tuner card
Tuner slot C- Twin DVB-S tuner card
Thanks again I am about stuck with this 1

abu baniaz
24-11-18, 15:33
There was a post saying that a twin tuner card will not work in the last tuner slot of an Ultimo if all tuner slots are in use. Please trying putting the twin "tuner card" in "tuner slot" A.

Result will therefore be
Tuner A , twin tuner card top hole, tuner slot A,
Tuner B, twin tuner card, bottom hole, tuner slot A
Tuner C, single tuner card, tuner slot B
Tuner D, single tuner card, tuner slot C

Your tuner configuration must match what is connected to the "tuner", not "tuner slot" or "tuner card".

loopy123
24-11-18, 15:40
Many thanks i will give that a try now please give me 20 minutes and i will get back to you. i only put the dual tuner in slot C because the website states very clearly and specifically must be installed in slot 3, slots 1 and 2 must be filled with single tuner modules. anyhow i will follow your advice now and get back to you in about 20 minutes.

loopy123
24-11-18, 16:07
Not worked, it comes up straight away with tuner failed. Vix image flashing and unable to get onto menu to change config. i rebooted twice and one time it went to menu but only showed 2 tuners.

bellejt
24-11-18, 16:10
do you have 4 cables attached to the tuners ?

loopy123
24-11-18, 16:16
yes pal i do all off fixed dishes

bellejt
24-11-18, 16:27
strange then because on my duo2 only a tuner is used when my slave box is on.In standby no tuner is used on main box. I have nearly the same config as yours with 2 dual tuners in main box an no tuners in 2 slave boxes.Those are connecthing by fall back tuner setup ( IPADRESS) to main box.So watching 2 differant channels in differant transponders on same sat is working fine.

loopy123
24-11-18, 16:33
i put it back to the way it was before and put tuner d at 28.2 degrees , signal sttength at near 100 percent but it will still not show the channels. i have tried a re=flash, think i am going to send the dual tuner back and go back to how it was before, very puzzling unless the tuner is faulty.

ccs
24-11-18, 16:36
...maybe try the dual tuner with just one single tuner to see if you can get it working.

loopy123
24-11-18, 16:43
Desabled tuner b and still nothing but thanks anyway

bellejt
24-11-18, 16:49
sure you got the right tuner : Tuner VU+ Advanced Pluggable DVB-S2 .There are also dual tuners for duo2 and uno as well.

ccs
24-11-18, 16:56
Twin must be in slot 3...….

VU+ ULTIMO - UPGRADE YOUR ULTIMO TO QUAD TUNER. MUST BE INSTALLED IN SLOT 3. SLOTS ONE AND TWO MUST BE FILLED WITH SINGLE TUNER MODULES.

loopy123
24-11-18, 17:08
Yes in slot 3 exactly as the website states and it also states it works in a vu ultimo. It is blue and not green.

bellejt
24-11-18, 17:12
what version of image are you on ? In the past there where issues with some images not working the tuner perfectly due to driver problems.Found by google.

loopy123
24-11-18, 17:13
Do you think that I got w57844wrong tuner

Sicilian
24-11-18, 17:14
Twin tuner must be installed in Slot 3. You must also have single tuner modules installed to Slots 1 & 2 for the tuner to work correctly.

To test the tuner module Set BOTH Tuner C and D to Astra 28.2.

1) Connect a tested working satellite feed from Astra 28.2 to TOP input of the twin tuner module.
2) Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select TUNER C AT TOP. Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite', press ok to scan.

Once complete note the number of services found.

3) Now move the exact same cable to the BOTTOM INPUT of the twin tuner module.
4) Menu > Setup > Tuner Config > Manual Scan > Select TUNER D AT TOP. Set 'Type of Scan' to 'Single Satellite', press ok to scan.

If you find services on both tuners C & D then the issue lies elsewhere in your setup an NOT a faulty tuner.

If faulty WoS would exchange it for you without issue.

bellejt
24-11-18, 17:15
no thats the right one

abu baniaz
24-11-18, 17:44
Please excuse my incorrect post about not using slot C.